Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(11-21-2021, 04:17 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Please honestly answer three questions.

Is Trevor what is keeping this offense from working today? 
How many bad passes has he thrown? 
How many open receivers has he failed to see?

1. Yes, he is checking down everything and has thrown some errand throws
2. He is throwing 5 yards from the Los and 2 "have been bad
3. Cant say without seeing all angles.

He isn't playing well and tired of seeing everything and everybody get blamed except for the Golden boy. He is the worst starting Qb right now.

OK

I'll try to cut-up some all 22 for you this week and show you how wrong you are.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 04:28 PM by Eric1.)

(11-21-2021, 04:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:17 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: 1. Yes, he is checking down everything and has thrown some errand throws
2. He is throwing 5 yards from the Los and 2 "have been bad
3. Cant say without seeing all angles.

He isn't playing well and tired of seeing everything and everybody get blamed except for the Golden boy. He is the worst starting Qb right now.

OK

I'll try to cut-up some all 22 for you this week and show you how wrong you are.

I'm fully convinced he doesn't even watch the games dude (if he does he doesn't know what he's looking at), don't waste your time on his clown [BLEEP].

Don't blame him one bit. This trash coaching staff and team is trying to ruin him.
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...5524369414
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...4322396174

TL is the second coming...

Of Blaine Gabbert.
My sig goes here!

Sheesh some of the wolves turn on a dime.

There is no possible way to properly evaluate Trevor on this shat show. No QB would be succeeding.

What I know is I have seen the talent in throws that he’s made. He’s raw in many ways, but again, nobody can be labeling him a bust. It’s like trying to see how fast a horse can run and the jockey is a five year old, the dirt he runs on is muddy, and there is a hailstorm. Then some idiot says he’s a bad race horse and will never amount to anything

I still believe in T-Law. I just think it’s going to take a little longer than we hoped. I think the idea of just hoping and waiting for a QB to save this franchise needs to end. We need to build the entire team. Look at how outclassed we were today in every department by the 49ers?

(11-21-2021, 05:06 PM)Newton Wrote: I still believe in T-Law. I just think it’s going to take a little longer than we hoped. I think the idea of just hoping and waiting for a QB to save this franchise needs to end. We need to build the entire team. Look at how outclassed we were today in every department by the 49ers?

That's because the 49ers actually have a Head Coach. We just have a talking head as our Head Coach. 

Huge difference.

(11-21-2021, 05:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:06 PM)Newton Wrote: I still believe in T-Law. I just think it’s going to take a little longer than we hoped. I think the idea of just hoping and waiting for a QB to save this franchise needs to end. We need to build the entire team. Look at how outclassed we were today in every department by the 49ers?

That's because the 49ers actually have a Head Coach. We just have a talking head as our Head Coach. 

Huge difference.

Not just a head coach, one of the better ones. If the rosters were swapped the Jaguars might win, but it wouldn't be 30-10. Meyer is like an anchor around the team's neck. Great coaches figure out how to properly use talent. Bad coaches expect talent to be brought in that fits what they want to do. It's why urban flushed a first round pick on a running back. He wasn't drafting players, he was drafting roles.

(11-21-2021, 05:04 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Sheesh some of the wolves turn on a dime.

There is no possible way to properly evaluate Trevor on this shat show. No QB would be succeeding.

What I know is I have seen the talent in throws that he’s made. He’s raw in many ways, but again, nobody can be labeling him a bust. It’s like trying to see how fast a horse can run and the jockey is a five year old, the dirt he runs on is muddy, and there is a hailstorm. Then some idiot says he’s a bad race horse and will never amount to anything

^^^ this … Impossible to get a great evaluation right now.. sure his accuracy hasn’t been pinpoint but he has faced too much tight coverage and pressure for him to develop properly. I will admit every NFL quarterback is going to have to face some pressure and throw accurately… but without any real receiver threats we are hoping for a miracle with this kid this year. 

We should have spent more money last year to at least give him some weapons. We went all in on D line and secondary at his expense.

You totally get it.

8 touchdowns in 10 games. Anyone want to pull up that predict Trevor's season stats thread? That would make for a good laugh.

(11-21-2021, 05:50 PM)Upper Wrote: 8 touchdowns in 10 games. Anyone want to pull up that predict Trevor's season stats thread? That would make for a good laugh.

The major positive is that he has cut down on the int's. 

Another discouraging fact is lately he has been passing less than 200 yards a game.  Horrendous in today's NFL.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Build the team around him

I think that was what urban had in mind with etienne
But unfortunately his idea was a 1 way road with no backup routes

So thus this is where we stand atm

Let's get this straight. TLaw is not a generational talent. I said this before the draft. But he is very talented and can become the franchise QB the Jags have lacked since Brunell. But he's getting zero help and support. It's going to be a long bumpy ride back to respectability.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 06:08 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-21-2021, 06:02 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Let's get this straight. TLaw is not a generational talent. I said this before the draft. But he is very talented and can become the franchise QB the Jags have lacked since Brunell. But he's getting zero help and support. It's going to be a long bumpy ride back to respectability.

Idk, hard to say what he is at all with the current cluster of low talent, and meyer causing infighting amoung the coaches. I recognize fully that we have already doubled our win total from last year, and therefore have improved, but you sure can't tell just watching.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-21-2021, 06:02 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Let's get this straight. TLaw is not a generational talent. I said this before the draft. But he is very talented and can become the franchise QB the Jags have lacked since Brunell. But he's getting zero help and support. It's going to be a long bumpy ride back to respectability.

I have to agree with the first statement especially.

He has a strong arm but inconsistent with accuracy.  Decision making has been much more unstable then I would like as well.  "The best prospect since Andrew Luck" was highly over exaggerated.  I would like to see what Lawrence can do with much more talent around him.  I said before the season that he already gets a built in mulligan this year. 

It is fair to say that Lawrence start has been much worse than 99% of the population envisioned.  Learn what he can this year and hopefully make major strides to year 2.  This offense is going to sputter the rest of the year.  Defense's know that we have no receiving threats so it's game over.  Lawrence has not shown enough consistent accuracy to run a good short game offense.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-21-2021, 04:44 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...offseason/

Quote:At a time when Lawrence is struggling to diagnose defenses and read through his progressions, sources said head coach Urban Meyer and others have considered going with more of the simplified RPOs that fueled the Clemson offense. Lawrence rushed for nearly 800 yards and 17 TDs in his final two years in college, but the bigger and faster NFL defenders pose a significant injury risk, and the Bengals' reliance on empty sets and the agility of 2019 first overall pick Joe Burrow is a cautionary tale that has others within that organization pushing back on a collegiate approach.

And this is the nub of the whole challenge with Lawrence.  He needs to gain NFL experience and learn from it.  He's struggling to learn.  It's difficult to call plays when the TLaw is still learning to read the situation.  And it's lunacy to dumb down the offense to what TLaw can manage but that's what the team is considering.

As with everything at the Jags, the future also hangs off TLaw.  He develops then the big names come to be part of the ride.  He doesn't and we're back to square one.

Quote:Lawrence was just 3-for-14 for 36 yards in the first half against the Colts, and he finished the game 16 of 35 for just 162 yards. While it's not uncommon for even the highest-regarded rookie QBs to struggle -- such as Peyton Manning -- Lawrence has not been advancing as the season goes on despite getting to benefit from one of the best rushing attacks in football.

He is still working to read defenses and get through his progressions and ranks 29th in the NFL against zone defenses (clustered with Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Fields and Sam Darnold), with two touchdowns, five interceptions and a rating of 77.9. Not surprisingly, he is facing zone looks on 71% of his dropbacks. Making adjustments to the blitz has also been a problem for him and the Jaguars as well (Lawrence ranks 32nd in the NFL when blitzed, completing just 44% of his passes with a rating of 54.9). The scope of the offense is constricting, with Lawrence relying almost exclusively on running backs and tight ends in the passing game lately, with receivers not getting the ball since veteran Marvin Jones went down.

That merely demonstrates his lack of development.  If he continues to undercook his decision making then the WR, QB and anyone else involved in QB decision making has to get shot.  The organisation has no choice but to blame the position coaches if they plan to attract the talent they need this offseason.  If the big name free agents see TLaw being a dud or developmentally delayed then they'll be looking for orgs with a chance to make the post season.

Personally, I think TLaw can make it.  But he needs a mentor/coach that will help him dramatically step up in his game-time understanding.  A lot of difficult decisions to be made.  And if the industry is starting to think that TLaw may be a miss then the challenge is just that much harder.

Elijah Moore sure would look good in teal right now. He had 141 yrds, 8 catches, and ,1TD today. 4 TDs in his last 3 games. He is just another great WR prospect we passed up in the 2nd round we could of had like when we passed on Metcalf and AJ Brown.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 07:55 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 2 times in total.)

And the momentum is building. Soon it will be overwhelming. First to go: QB and WR coaches. Perhaps OC depending on how decisive he is in making moves.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/...17108.html

Quote:The Jaguars’ coaching staff figures to look pretty different next year. Offseason firings are “inevitable” at this point, according to sources who spoke with Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com.

Seven games to go in the season... I predict the coach firings will start in two more games. That is short enough for the new coaches to miss out on being blamed for everything still being horrid but long enough that if something does go right then the spin machine can get into top gear for the FA/Trade peiod.

EDIT: Further, if the coach firings on the offense don't start in two games it's because the whole crew from OC on down are getting the axe (I'm sure a couple will hang on, as always). If a new OC is in the works then the whole thing will be canned with one or two weeks to go and a whole new crew steps in.