Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 09:41 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Despite the cant miss generational talent talk he has looked terrible most of this season. He makes easy throws look difficult. Accuracy, awareness, and game management is terrible right now

Numbers don't lie and be is clearly the worst in most Qb categories.  The potential is there and time will tell if he lives up to it.

Regardless of his potential he is easily one of if not the worst starting Qb right now.  His receivers share some responsibility but the majority of his struggles are on him. 

Having the worst completion percentage on 3rd down alone speaks volumes.

*Both Boselli and Lagemen agree with me via Jaguars happy hour.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is one of those posts that aren't going to age well.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

It's the entire passing offense right now.

He’s still being chained up close to the vest. Let’s not act like we have some stud WRs...

(11-14-2021, 05:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: His is one of those posts that aren't going to age well.

Just like every other hot take, knee jerk post he makes every week.

Yeah he’s not doing great but HE IS A ROOKIE. It is rare for any level of talent to come in and light it up.

LOL

Unsmart hot takes abound

not watchin the games... classic

He is not very good, and doesn't inspire confidence. But, he is a rookie. You have to give him a couple more years.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 05:58 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-14-2021, 05:36 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Yeah he’s not doing great but HE IS A ROOKIE. It is rare for any level of talent to come in and light it up.

It's less that he's a rookie than that he's surrounded by underwhelming (at best) talent. His best two WRs are a converted corner and a guy who's best described as a decent #2 possession guy. His offensive line is bad, but he's making it look serviceable. Maybe the play calling is bad, but I think that's more about the lack of talent to be worked with. His best tight end is an undersized guy that got a minor contract in the off-season as a free agent. His only blue chip player besides him is Robinson, and he has a foot injury and when healthy lacks breakaway speed.

Khan should at least bring in a real GM in the off-season and take away Meyer's roster control, if he decides not to just clean the whole house.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 05:47 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(11-14-2021, 05:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: not watchin the games... classic

I Watch every game. He misses way too many throws or he throws a 200 mph fast ball at a receiver 5 yards away and blaming receivers for dropping some. Touch is part of the game

(11-14-2021, 05:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: This is one of those posts that aren't going to age well.

I am talking right now. The future is open but right now he is terrible

(11-14-2021, 05:46 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

I Watch every game. He misses way too many throws or he throws a 200 mph fast ball at a receiver 5 yards away and blaming receivers for dropping some. Touch is part of the game

(11-14-2021, 05:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: This is one of those posts that aren't going to age well.

He's had two terrible games no doubt. There's some nuance to it. He's played pretty well in a couple of games.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-14-2021, 05:41 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: He is not very good, and doesn't inspire confidence. But, he is a rookie. You have to give him a couple more years.

I am not calling him a bust. The here and now is what I am talking about

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 05:55 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-14-2021, 05:31 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Despite the cant miss generational talent talk he has looked terrible most of this season. He makes easy throws look difficult. Accuracy, awareness, and game management is terrible right now

Numbers don't lie and be is clearly the worst in most Qb categories.  The potential is there and time will tell if he lives up to it.

Regardless of his potential he is easily one of if not the worst starting Qb right now.  His receivers share some responsibility but the majority of his struggles are on him. 

Having the worst completion percentage on 3rd down alone speaks volumes.

and he was the first quarterback going to the worst team in the league... your point

dude the wide receivers are dropping passes left and right

I can’t even say he’s played terrible. Played like an average rookie.

Agreed. Right now he is terrible and most of it is him not seeing the field or not being confident in the throw. He has got to start taking the easy throws. Not sure if that is the OC or him just not taking it. It appears they aren't looking for short to midrange and are trying too many deeper routes that take too long.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Does Trevor have a lot to improve on? Of course…. He’s a rookie.

But his WRs and coaching staff are doing absolutely nothing to help him. He’s always going to be compared to the other QBs in this class and at the moment, Mac Jones. Mac is in the absolute best situation of out of all of the QBs. Elite HC, OC and defense.

First half Trevor was really bad today but untimely penalties and drops hurt him ONCE AGAIN.

I remember seeing post like this about Gabbert/Blake in their rookie seasons aswell.

Same ignorant posters defending the golden boy like he's a perfect god sent down from football heaven. If he turns out good, that's great. But some of us expected it to be a rough transition and were just laughed at. He has to prove he's worth it now, and as of now he's done nothing to show promise since entering the league.

(11-14-2021, 06:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I remember seeing post like this about Gabbert/Blake in their rookie seasons aswell.

Same ignorant posters defending the golden boy like he's a perfect god sent down from football heaven. If he turns out good, that's great. But some of us expected it to be a rough transition and were just laughed at. He has to prove he's worth it now, and as of now he's done nothing to show promise since entering the league.

Derp.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He blows.
[Image: giphy.gif]