Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

I forgot to add we hopefully got a better LT

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In this very thread there are posters who supported JDR until his last year and even Gene Smith and fought for him until it was obvious they were wrong.

Yeah, people who give time for results to come in before making decisions are the absolute worst.

Quote:Who says the Jags are definitely getting Bridgewater??...

Maybe Caldwell will screw that up too and pick someone else or trade out of the pick.

If we pass on Bridge, then I agree something is wrong. Kids gonna be a stud
Shock the world

Maybe Caldwell will screw that up too and pick someone else or trade out of the pick.

Trade for both of the Browns firsts or nah?

Quote:Why trade? We're ending up with the first pick!

We just need Gus to ensure that Gabbert starts the rest of the season and then we're on autopilot for that 1st overall pick

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

Quote:If we pass on Bridge, then I agree something is wrong. Kids gonna be a stud

I don't see a scenario where we can pass on him. We have 12 more weeks of Blaine with no offensive line, were destined for the number one pick ha.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'>Mark Long ‏@<b>APMarkLong</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/385439042445537280' title="9:20 AM - 2 Oct 13">19m</a>

<p class="">Jaguars got a 4th and a 5th round pick for LT Eugene Monroe, who never quite fit in cut-blocking scheme

Quote:Trade for both of the Browns firsts or nah?

I wouldn't trade out of the Bridgewater pick unless it was only flipping picks 1 & 2, and I was 100% certain that the team I am swapping picks with was sure to take Clowney at 1 or someone other than Bridgewater, 

Otherwise, I wouldn't take the Browns 2 firsts or anything to trade out of the top (Bridgewater) pick. 

Quote:Wasn't speaking to anyone in general, just the vibe I've got from a lot of the posts I've read. You're right though, it is a smaller chance that the players picked in the later rounds won't turn out to be much more than role player/st'ers in comparison to the first couple rounds. But there is still a chance at good players. To be fair there is a lot of busts in the first few rounds as well.

So we swapped a good, fairly young player for two players who are statisically unlikley to ever start for us?

There is no positive in this move.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:I think people will settle down once the draft is over and we have a Franchise QB along with 10 new draft picks. I'm excited.

Yeah, and once they get that franchise QB they can throw him behind an offensive line that, if lucky, has 2 players who actually know how to play football, watch him get hit within 2 seconds on every play and then 3 years later wonder why he scrambles out of the pocket after 4 seconds when there's no pressure around him.

Guranteed to work.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon'>Hays Carlyon ‏@<b>HaysCarlyon</b></a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/385443880746745856' title="9:39 AM - 2 Oct 13">2m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Lewis says Joeckel looked comfortable as hell at left tackle this morning.

At least you have something to give you an ulcer for the next 7 months.

;

;

Quote:So we swapped a good, fairly young player for two players who are statisically unlikley to ever start for us?

There is no positive in this move.

Thats essentially the Monroe trade in a nutshell

Here's hoping that we find some steals with those picks...

Would of been nice to get another 3rd day pick. Hopefully Baltimore isn't too good this year, but I doubt that.

Quote:<span style="background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon'>Hays Carlyon@HaysCarlyon
</a><a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/385443880746745856'>2m</a>
</span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">

Lewis says Joeckel looked comfortable as hell at left tackle this morning.

</span>
Not sure our DL is much of a threat.

Quote:Bullseye....what about your eye test? What do you think?

It sounds to me like you're trying hard to convince yourself that this was a smart move by Caldwell. Maybe you should stop overthinking/ juking yourself out and just keep it simple and go with your first instinct upon hearing this trade....and what was that?....

TMD, 

You should know I've never been a huge Monroe fan.  I admitted he played better in 2011-12 than he did in 2009-10, but I've never really been prepared to list him in the top ten LTs.

I'm not trying to convince myself this was a smart move.

Even assuming we got better draft choice compensation, I'd be wary of anything that could potentially dissuade Bridgewater from declaring himself draft eligible and being available to us.  If monroe were truly a upper 3rd of the league type LT and the team jettisoned him, I would think Bridgewater would be a little apprehensive about coming here without protection.  On the flip side, when the team was in position to draft Fisher/Joeckel, one of my arguments in favor of drafting either guy was that they could eventually play LT and could grease the skids to trade Monroe if Caldwell so desired.

But I don't think Monroe is all that good.  Never have.  He seemingly has regressed this year.

Based upon this, it isn't surprising to me the draft choice compensation wasn't that good.

I'm betting by season's end, Ravens fans will be lukewarm on Monroe.

Would I have loved for the team to get a first or 2nd round pick for him?  Absolutely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Getting a 4th + a 5th for a player like Marcedes = good deal

getting a 4th + a 5th for a player like Monroe = [BLEEP]

Quote:Correct.

Monroe would't willingly re-sign with the Jags after this season so instead of getting nothing (or maybe a 4th rd comp pick?) we get a 4th and 5th rounder. Plus we get the starting XP for Joekel at LT for 12 games. Its win-win-win.

A 4th round comp pick in 2015, no less.

Good trade. Keep it up, Caldwell.

Quote:Here's hoping that we find some steals with those picks...

Maybe ammunition to trade up .......???? lol

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio