Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Trump gave a speech yesterday saying he had gotten the booster shot. He encouraged anyone listening to do the same, saying if you don't, you are playing to the Democrats' hands. He's not wrong.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2021, 04:26 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 03:56 PM)Ronster Wrote: Ya, I read this earlier. Could you imagine if Trump released this or ANY Republican? OMG... Nobody takes this fake administration seriously, because of stupid comments like this. Its a clown show and the clowns behind the curtain are desperate.

Oh my,  I agree with you again.  At least the bolded bits.  The double standards of the media is evident.

As for the blunt message from the WH COVID response coordinator, I guess it shows that the truth hurts as the unvaxxed got their panties in a twist over this one.

Any kind of fear-mongering should make people upset.

And no, a disease that has less of a death risk than Malaria does not get my panties in a twist.

(12-21-2021, 04:26 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 03:56 PM)Ronster Wrote: Ya, I read this earlier. Could you imagine if Trump released this or ANY Republican? OMG... Nobody takes this fake administration seriously, because of stupid comments like this. Its a clown show and the clowns behind the curtain are desperate.

Oh my,  I agree with you again.  At least the bolded bits.  The double standards of the media is evident.

As for the blunt message from the WH COVID response coordinator, I guess it shows that the truth hurts as the unvaxxed got their panties in a twist over this one.

Do you think if Trump was still in office the left would be as pro-vaxx? Because they weren't when he was pushing for their "lifesaving medicine" to be manufactured. Left leaning folks from politicians to social media influencers were saying "hell no I'm not getting that." And if Trump had tweeted that message from the Biden WH they would have had a meltdown of epic proportions and called him all kinds of names, saying he was trying to poison them and oppress them by mandating it. 

Tell me it's not true. 

It's not just the double standards of the media that is in play here. It's the double standards of the political parties and the American people. Trump said over the weekend he got the booster and he was booed by his own supporters. People who were championing him last year for getting the vaccine pushed through so quickly. All it took was a change in who the POTUS is to turn the tables. The 2021 Left sounds like the 2020 Right and vice versa. 

I don't care who is in Office, my vaccine status remains the same because I don't make medical decisions based on who (or which party) occupies the WH.

Asking this sincerely: how many deaths is the Omicron variant responsible for so far?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-21-2021, 08:03 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Asking this sincerely: how many deaths is the Omicron variant responsible for so far?

Saw on one of the msm channels (not sure which) it was at 1.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-21-2021, 08:03 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Asking this sincerely: how many deaths is the Omicron variant responsible for so far?
(12-21-2021, 08:23 PM)copycat Wrote:

Saw on one of the msm channels (not sure which) it was at 1.
1 guy with like 10 other things, it was really 3-5 other problems, died while he also tested positive. He did not die because of omicron.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Hopefully none.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-21-2021, 09:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Hopefully none.

We dont have any in omi related deaths in aus

I did a quick google search  and a few articles popped up that there was 1 reported in texas apparently

If you think that the Government, The CDC, Dr Fauci, or the MSM are telling you the truth about COVID..... Well..... I have no words.......

[Image: truthweapon.jpg]
[Image: review.jpg]

Remember when the Johnson and Johnson vaccine was safe and effective? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

If Omicron is benign as it looks, good policy makers would let this thing spread like the plague.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 09:25 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-22-2021, 08:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Remember when the Johnson and Johnson vaccine was safe and effective? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

If Omicron is benign as it looks, good policy makers would let this thing spread like the plague.

Supposedly there are EUAs sitting on the crypt keepers desk for the Pfizer COVID pill as we speak.

This administration would rather watch those who disobeyed them die instead of offering an alternative to the vaccine.

Not to mention, where are the trillions of dollars set aside for this? This is a rhetorical question. They were embezzled.

(12-22-2021, 08:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Remember when the Johnson and Johnson vaccine was safe and effective? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

What drives me crazy is the media saying it is very contagious and is the dominant variant now, which is all true, but they refuse to say how benign it is. Only that you must go get vaxxed or boostered right now before you kill someone, or before you die thanks to a murderous unvaxxed person.

(12-22-2021, 12:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

What drives me crazy is the media saying it is very contagious and is the dominant variant now, which is all true, but they refuse to say how benign it is. Only that you must go get vaxxed or boostered right now before you kill someone, or before you die thanks to a murderous unvaxxed person.

They should be telling everyone to go out and lick doorknobs so everyone can get it and we can be done with this mess!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I was on YouTube today looking for a specific holiday food recipe video, and if you're familiar they typically have a "Top News" section. The first video by one news outlet's channel in that section was titled "Omicron less likely to cause hospitalization and severe illness" and the video right next it by a different news outlet's channel was "Omicron no less severe than Delta." SMH...

(12-22-2021, 03:34 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I was on YouTube today looking for a specific holiday food recipe video, and if you're familiar they typically have a "Top News" section.  The first video by one news outlet's channel in that section was titled "Omicron less likely to cause hospitalization and severe illness" and the video right next it by a different news outlet's channel was "Omicron no less severe than Delta."  SMH...

Probably a good idea to not get your news from YouTube.  Try a more trustworthy source like analyzingamerica.org or twitter

(12-22-2021, 03:56 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 03:34 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I was on YouTube today looking for a specific holiday food recipe video, and if you're familiar they typically have a "Top News" section.  The first video by one news outlet's channel in that section was titled "Omicron less likely to cause hospitalization and severe illness" and the video right next it by a different news outlet's channel was "Omicron no less severe than Delta."  SMH...

Probably a good idea to not get your news from YouTube.  Try a more trustworthy source like analyzingamerica.org or twitter

LOL.  I specifically chose not to name the news organizations because I couldn't remember which one published the second video, but I just remembered.  The first one was by Forbes, the second one was Reuters.  I must say, it made me laugh.

Harvard Science Professor Convicted for Hiding Disturbing Wuhan Secret

A Harvard University professor charged with hiding his ties to a Chinese-run recruitment program was found guilty on all counts Tuesday.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ap-harvar...InDJNBI7bo
[Image: review.jpg]

The left is like programmed robots that must inject race into everything. Even if means undermining their own country.

...The case is among the highest profile to come from the U.S. Department of Justice’s so-called “China Initiative.”

The effort launched in 2018 to curb economic espionage from China has faced criticism that it harms academic research and amounts to racial profiling of Chinese researchers.

Hundreds of faculty members at Stanford, Yale, Berkeley, Princeton, Temple and other prominent colleges have signed letters to U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland, calling on him to end the initiative...

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 04:04 AM by captivating. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-21-2021, 10:43 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 10:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The study and commentary I read said the following:

"To put the risks in context, the group estimated between 1 and 10 additional myocarditis hospitalizations or deaths per 1 million people vaccinated, but 40 excess myocarditis events per million following a SARS-CoV-2 positive test result.

As reported, rates of excess myocarditis events associated with a first dose were

2 per million injections of the AstraZeneca vaccine

1 per million for the Pfizer vaccine

6 per million with the Moderna vaccine

Following a second dose, there were 10 additional myocarditis events per million people receiving the Moderna vaccine and none among recipients of the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccines.

"It was particularly seen within the first 7 days of the first dose, which is very consistent with what we see in people who have viral myocarditis," Mills said. "So it looks like a real signal but it's very small."

The results are in line with previous studies of the Pfizer vaccine in Israel and studies of the Moderna vaccine in the United States, Biykem Bozkurt, MD, PhD, professor of medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, told theheart.org"

Just seems like a pretty big difference between 1/100 and 1/1,000,000.

Over 250 million have had COVID, 5 million have died.

Is that worth all this stuff? Or should natural immunity just be allowed to run its course? Because all the vaccines seem to do is create new variants that just circumvent the vaccines.

Risking a vaccine with an adverse effect of 1 in 1,000,000 to prevent dying from a virus that kills 2 in 100. I can see why intelligent people take the vaccine.

Also, funny how the Delta and Omicron variants have all come from countries with low vaccination rates.

(12-21-2021, 04:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: Trump gave a speech yesterday saying he had gotten the booster shot.  He encouraged anyone listening to do the same, saying if you don't, you are playing to the Democrats' hands.  He's not wrong.

No doubt he is an intelligent man.  Good with numbers too.