Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

Go watch the Bengals first half again. He juked half a dozen dudes out of their jocks on RPOs that game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, at least we have another thing to be critical about.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This couldn't go in the main Trevor criticisms thread?

What are you going to cry about tomorrow?

"TL doesnts foldz his laundryz like my mommy does".

"TL doesnts eatz his pb&jammy jams withs no crusts removes".

Every. [BLEEP]. Weekend.

Jesus. You're the type of person that gets left on read or people clear the room when you enter it...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 04:36 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

He was overrated on almost every ability he had which was pretty clear to anyone who watched anything other than highlight videos. He was always a project with good physical ability. Nothing more.

(12-26-2021, 04:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What are you going to cry about tomorrow?

Every. [BLEEP]. Weekend.

Jesus. You're the type of person that gets left on read or people clear the room when you enter it...

You're the kind of guy who defend Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert for three years then after it became blatantly obvious they sucked that even a braindead duck could see it you switch your opinion and pretend nothing happened.

(12-26-2021, 04:34 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He was overrated on almost every ability he had which was pretty clear to anyone who watched anything other than highlight videos. He was always a project with good physical ability. Nothing more.

(12-26-2021, 04:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What are you going to cry about tomorrow?

Every. [BLEEP]. Weekend.

You're the kind of guy who defend Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert for three years then after it became blatantly obvious they sucked that even a braindead duck could see it you switch your opinion and pretend nothing happened.
Wrong. Never liked either QB. Said passing up on Watson was a critical mistake. Didn't like the extension Bortles was given neither.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 04:42 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(12-26-2021, 04:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 04:34 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He was overrated on almost every ability he had which was pretty clear to anyone who watched anything other than highlight videos. He was always a project with good physical ability. Nothing more.

Wrong. Never liked either QB. Said passing up on Watson was a critical mistake. Didn't like the extension Bortles was given neither.

Well as of right now Trevor is on pace to have less TDs and more INTs and more fumbles than Gabbs did his rookie year. And I think most of us will agree Shenault/MJJ are better than Jarret Dillard and Mike Thomas.

I'll say this though. He needs to stop running backwards when the play collapses and he needs to step up and slide instead.

(12-26-2021, 04:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I'll say this though. He needs to stop running backwards when the play collapses and he needs to step up and slide instead.

One of my biggest problems with him watching the clemson plays was how he reacts to pressure. Obviously pressure is bad for anyone but he makes extremely bad decisions when rushed heavy and his accuracy on the run has always been really bad. Which I always thought was funny when the talking heads would say how amazing he was as a mobile passer.

Had a great run in the final drive today.

(12-26-2021, 05:11 PM)High Octane Wrote: Had a great run in the final drive today.
He did. Lawrence on that run. But, man. You have to finish that play. It was just him and one defender with a blocker downfield. Fight for the extra 5 and get it in the endzone.

Lawrence was over rated on everything.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-26-2021, 04:41 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 04:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Wrong. Never liked either QB. Said passing up on Watson was a critical mistake. Didn't like the extension Bortles was given neither.

Well as of right now Trevor is on pace to have less TDs and more INTs and more fumbles than Gabbs did his rookie year. And I think most of us will agree Shenault/MJJ are better than Jarret Dillard and Mike Thomas.

Gab Bert still had Prime Marcedes Lewis coming off his probowl 10 TD year, and MJD is better than any RB we had and I’m a big fan of Robinson. The line was also better back then imho, Monroe at LT was great for us, and we still had Meester and Uche on the interior. Also he didn’t breakout till the next year but Cecil Shorts was on that 2011 team and once he played the next year he was better than any wr discussed above. Sadly I think the 2011 jags were in better shape talent wise than the present day roster
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

How many more singular tlaw threads can we create before seasons end

(12-26-2021, 05:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:11 PM)High Octane Wrote: Had a great run in the final drive today.
He did. Lawrence on that run. But, man. You have to finish that play. It was just him and one defender with a blocker downfield. Fight for the extra 5 and get it in the endzone.

Right i mean i was pretty sure with one cut he could have scored the td.  Which should have been any real winners attitude there.  Damn the time.

Esp with our red zone offense.

The mass delusion on this thread is to the point of absurd. The kid has shown exactly zero this whole season and objectively is playing at a "career backup" level. The excuses are fast and furious as the evidence just keeps mounting.

The best part was when Minshew went in cold off the bench in Philly and went 20/25 for 245 and two TDs and every throw was lazer accurate. Lawrence couldn't duplicate that game if you gave him 50 tries.

Keep wishing and believing that he'll magically develop accuracy, poise, and an ability to read defenses at an even passable level. My bet is that Elf Boy sinks this franchise over the couple years so far that he can get it moved to London. He's that bad and when the fans turn on him, it'll be ugliness mixed with empty seats and Khan already wants an excuse to become Mr. International...

But you guys continue keeping those eyes securely closed and tell yourselves what can be plainly seen on the field is not real and keep praising the Emporer's New Clothes.

If his running is a strength, then that will be the first one anyone has reasonably been able to identify this season.

Today showed there is still some hope imo.

I still really doubt he will ever live up to the "generational talent" or that he will ever be elite. He is more than welcome to prove me wrong though.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-26-2021, 05:55 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 04:41 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well as of right now Trevor is on pace to have less TDs and more INTs and more fumbles than Gabbs did his rookie year. And I think most of us will agree Shenault/MJJ are better than Jarret Dillard and Mike Thomas.

Gab Bert still had Prime Marcedes Lewis coming off his probowl 10 TD year, and MJD is better than any RB we had and I’m a big fan of Robinson. The line was also better back then imho, Monroe at LT was great for us, and we still had Meester and Uche on the interior. Also he didn’t breakout till the next year but Cecil Shorts was on that 2011 team and once he played the next year he was better than any wr discussed above. Sadly I think the 2011 jags were in better shape talent wise than the present day roster

Hard disagree on that one. Our o line was just as bad, Lewis had one good year in his career and Cecil Shorts is not as good and never was as good as Marvin Jones.

(12-26-2021, 07:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Today showed there is still some hope imo.

I still really doubt he will ever live up to the "generational talent" or that he will ever be elite. He is more than welcome to prove me wrong though.

The issue is not the prospect, it's the septic tank he's been dunked in.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato