Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(12-24-2021, 01:07 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 11:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I guess we will find out in 55 years when the FDA releases FOIA data on the vaccines per their request  nothing to see here.

When the request is for 300,000 pages, is it unreasonable that it is provided in tranches of 500 pages per month.

Yes. It's unreasonable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-25-2021, 04:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 02:43 AM)captivating Wrote: You clearly aren't a lawyer.  Go and talk to legal counsel and they will insist a review of all documents going out.

You literally just shifted this from a technical capability argument to a legal one. You and Mike both share the trait of the inability to say I AM WRONG.

Merry Christmas.

Sometimes I think they're one and the same.

(12-25-2021, 09:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 09:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maybe you are suddenly worried, but I've been working on initiatives to reduce the cost of care for over two decades. Now that CMS is tying healthcare reimbursement to population and community health standards you're going to see it all over the place. If you look at your own health plan or employer you probably see the subtle results of that emphasis in things like gym memberships, mental health counseling, and wellness programs; all designed to make people take an active role in being healthier and avoid those chronic and self-inflicted diseases. Infectious diseases are a different stripe, and the idea that people refuse to do the bare minimum of getting vaccinated to help stop the damage they do is appalling to me. Now excuse me, I'm going back for another piece of apple pie a la mode.

Oddly, all of the plans my company offers went down 10% across the board for all plans for 2022.. I was a little surprised to see that. There is never any rhyme to the reason when dealing with corrupt insurance companies.

Interesting, though the costs you pay are as much the choice of your company as the insurance company. Most plans I've looked at had 5 to 8% increases for the subscribers, so you're fortunate to see a decrease.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-26-2021, 01:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 09:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Oddly, all of the plans my company offers went down 10% across the board for all plans for 2022.. I was a little surprised to see that. There is never any rhyme to the reason when dealing with corrupt insurance companies.

Interesting, though the costs you pay are as much the choice of your company as the insurance company. Most plans I've looked at had 5 to 8% increases for the subscribers, so you're fortunate to see a decrease.

It may have also been an employee retention/recruiting move by the company, as my industry has a lot of turnover. Anyhow I'll take it!

(12-26-2021, 09:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 01:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Interesting, though the costs you pay are as much the choice of your company as the insurance company. Most plans I've looked at had 5 to 8% increases for the subscribers, so you're fortunate to see a decrease.

It may have also been an employee retention/recruiting move by the company, as my industry has a lot of turnover. Anyhow I'll take it!

That's a good point. The Great Resignation is killing a lot of companies who are in turn looking for ways to keep the people they need. I wonder, if this persists, if we'll see the return of some older style benefits packages that have gone by the wayside. If so that could revive the concept of a single company career. Not likely sure, but could be an unforeseen occurrence.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 10:27 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-26-2021, 10:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 09:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It may have also been an employee retention/recruiting move by the company, as my industry has a lot of turnover. Anyhow I'll take it!

That's a good point. The Great Resignation is killing a lot of companies who are in turn looking for ways to keep the people they need. I wonder, if this persists, if we'll see the return of some older style benefits packages that have gone by the wayside. If so that could revive the concept of a single company career. Not likely sure, but could be an unforeseen occurrence.

Good point. On that subject, there were several other changes including ending the pension program and heavily increasing employer contribution to 401k with no employee contribution required. I work at a company with a global presence and huge room for growth. I try to coach all of the younger people thst the grass isn't always greener and don't sacrifice the opportunity to be a partner in 15 years for an extra 20k today. 

The thing is, most young people dont really appreciate a great benefits package because they usually don't need it, and salary is the most important thing. I can't really blame them, but the ones who can see the forest through the trees typically retire better.

Our insurance company was hanging by a thread because they suck hard and employees were demanding a change. 2020 swooped in and saved the day and the insurance company was able to convince the employer to keep them by not raising rates for FY 2020-21.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 07:09 PM by The Drifter.)

I trust the source... been reading from their site for a few years now so...... It's up to you to decide if it's the truth or not.......

Shock! Doctors given bonus to euthanize 'severely hospitalized' COVID patients
'Turns the ethos of medicine on its head'

https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/shock-doctor...drmJ8ycRP8
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

Milk and Benadryl…interesting.

https://news.yahoo.com/early-stage-resea...25317.html
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-26-2021, 07:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Milk and Benadryl…interesting.

They cautioned against using these 2 over the counter drugs until Pfizer can secure a patent and lobby to make Benedryl a prescription only drug and ban doctors from prescribing it for COVID.

(12-26-2021, 07:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 07:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Milk and Benadryl…interesting.

They cautioned against using these 2 over the counter drugs until Pfizer can secure a patent and lobby to make Benedryl a prescription only drug and ban doctors from prescribing it for COVID.

The hell with that. I guess I better stock up. I don't care about using it for Covid, I need it for allergies. And banning doctors from prescribing it is bs. Police state much?

(12-26-2021, 07:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 07:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They cautioned against using these 2 over the counter drugs until Pfizer can secure a patent and lobby to make Benedryl a prescription only drug and ban doctors from prescribing it for COVID.

The hell with that. I guess I better stock up. I don't care about using it for Covid, I need it for allergies. And banning doctors from prescribing it is bs. Police state much?

The article didn't really say that, but we all know the federal government is against promoting any therapeutics for this epidemic. We live in the day and age when you can't tell if the Bablylon Bee is joking.

(12-26-2021, 07:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 07:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They cautioned against using these 2 over the counter drugs until Pfizer can secure a patent and lobby to make Benedryl a prescription only drug and ban doctors from prescribing it for COVID.

Benadryl is like ambien for me! If I had to take that for allergies, I’d be in a coma all the time. Lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Hell, I was raised on the old country cures..... My Granddad used to rub Jack Daniels on my gums for teething pains when I was a baby..... you won't read that in any parennting guide or Government pamphlet.....Big Pharma won't allow that to happen

(12-26-2021, 08:49 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Hell, I was raised on the old country cures..... My Granddad used to rub Jack Daniels on my gums for teething pains when I was a baby..... you won't read that in any parennting guide or Government pamphlet.....Big Pharma won't allow that to happen

Good responsible parenting won't allow that to happen.

(12-26-2021, 10:54 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:49 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Hell, I was raised on the old country cures..... My Granddad used to rub Jack Daniels on my gums for teething pains when I was a baby..... you won't read that in any parennting guide or Government pamphlet.....Big Pharma won't allow that to happen

Good responsible parenting won't allow that to happen.

You've never been around country folk have you? We have our own way of doing things... Granted, this teething thing happened back in the very early 60's but...... It worked

(12-26-2021, 08:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 07:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The hell with that. I guess I better stock up. I don't care about using it for Covid, I need it for allergies. And banning doctors from prescribing it is bs. Police state much?

Benadryl is like ambien for me! If I had to take that for allergies, I’d be in a coma all the time. Lol

Back in my Navy days when I was a shop supervisor, one of my sailors developed severe allergies. Not an uncommon thing in the Central Valley of California with all its dust, pollen and agricultural chemicals. He had been prescribed industrial strength allergy medicines that left him damn near catatonic. 

One day the shop, which consisted of two rooms, was undergoing a zone inspection. The inspector walked out of the back room and asked me if I always let my people sleep at work. I walked into the back room and there was Deano, sitting in a chair with arms in lap and his head hung forward - out cold. When I got him awake, he could barely keep his blood shot eyes focused. That's when he told me he had felt an allergic episode coming on and popped one of his allergy pills. Geez, great timing.

It was no joke. He ended up getting medically discharged for it.

(12-26-2021, 10:58 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 10:54 PM)captivating Wrote: Good responsible parenting won't allow that to happen.

You've never been around country folk have you? We have our own way of doing things... Granted, this teething thing happened back in the very early 60's but...... It worked

Most of these remedies are called old wives tales for a reason.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 12:19 AM by americus 2.0.)

(12-26-2021, 08:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 07:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The hell with that. I guess I better stock up. I don't care about using it for Covid, I need it for allergies. And banning doctors from prescribing it is bs. Police state much?

It's what I take at night when my Claritin-D has worn off and my eyes start itching. It does help with the sleep too.

(12-27-2021, 12:08 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 10:58 PM)The Drifter Wrote: You've never been around country folk have you? We have our own way of doing things... Granted, this teething thing happened back in the very early 60's but...... It worked

Most of these remedies are called old wives tales for a reason.

Who cares what it's called if it works? There are alternative remedies I use often that would be considered 'old wives tales' by you but they work for me and I don't have to see or pay a doctor for it.

(12-27-2021, 12:14 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Benadryl is like ambien for me! If I had to take that for allergies, I’d be in a coma all the time. Lol

It's what I take at night when my Claritin-D has worn off and my eyes start itching. It does help with the sleep too.

(12-27-2021, 12:08 AM)captivating Wrote: Most of these remedies are called old wives tales for a reason.

Who cares what it's called if it works? There are alternative remedies I use often that would be considered 'old wives tales' by you but they work for me and I don't have to see or pay a doctor for it.

And yet whiskey on the gums doesn't in fact work and accidently using too much (like there's actually a dosage in the tale) causes hypoglycemia in infants and toddlers.