Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(01-02-2022, 05:41 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 05:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe we can get Trevor a better WR for next weeks game. Looks like Antonio Brown is no longer a Buc. Let's bring him in for the last game of the season. What's the worst that can happen? LOL

If nothing else, it would be interesting to see what new way he comes up with to melt down. He set the bar pretty high this week. Knowing the effect this team is  having on players it would probably be biblical.

At least it would be entertaining to watch. God knows, we've had nothing else to entertain us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2022, 05:42 PM)staropramen Wrote: JJLaSelva
@JJLaSelva
Trevor Lawrence doesn't get the benefit of playing with talent like Kristian Wilkerson
6:53 PM · Jan 2, 2022·Twitter Web App
That's such a [BLEEP] cheap shot. Jones only got the benefit of [BLEEP] playing on a team that spent $140M in the off season to address the void of talent they had.

Nevermind the hall of fame coach running the show. [BLEEP] hilarious. That team is so loaded he only had 3 pass attempts in a win over Buffalo.

Get the [BLEEP] out of here...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 05:50 PM by JagsorDie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-02-2022, 05:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 05:36 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Name a player who looks better this year than last? If its more than 1 or 2 players, maybe it’s coaching/scheme. J Allen, Jack, Shenault. Even Mr. consistent with the Lions in Jones Jr. The WR core looked like an up and coming group under McCardell, now they look lost.

None of them. There's not a single player still on this roster from last year who looks improved. They've all gotten worse this year.

Jack has been terrible in this Defense. Shenault regressed big time. Allen hasn't did anything since the Bills game and he didn't do much before that game either.

This team has only gotten worse from last year and that's saying a lot.
Looking back, it is baffling that we have managed two wins. Even the first couple games(minus the opener against the tin horns) the team was in games against teams who now look leagues ahead of this team at this point. Arizona and cincy come to mind. We walked into the locker at the half leading those teams with momentum. Now we walk into the locker room having not only failing to make a team punt, but managing to give up a TD on every single drive through a whole half. Regression is an understatement.

(01-02-2022, 05:47 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 05:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: None of them. There's not a single player still on this roster from last year who looks improved. They've all gotten worse this year.

Jack has been terrible in this Defense. Shenault regressed big time. Allen hasn't did anything since the Bills game and he didn't do much before that game either.

This team has only gotten worse from last year and that's saying a lot.
Looking back, it is baffling that we have managed two wins. Even the first couple games(minus the opener against the tin horns) the team was in games against teams who now look leagues ahead of this team at this point. Arizona and cincy come to mind. We walked into the locker at the half leading those teams with momentum. Now we walk into the locker room having not only failing to make a team punt, but managing to give up a TD on every single drive through a whole half. Regression is an understatement.

Strictly from a talent standpoint, I believe this is the worst team we've fielded in the history of the franchise and that is saying something.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 06:26 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-02-2022, 06:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 05:47 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Looking back, it is baffling that we have managed two wins. Even the first couple games(minus the opener against the tin horns) the team was in games against teams who now look leagues ahead of this team at this point. Arizona and cincy come to mind. We walked into the locker at the half leading those teams with momentum. Now we walk into the locker room having not only failing to make a team punt, but managing to give up a TD on every single drive through a whole half. Regression is an understatement.

Strictly from a talent standpoint, I believe this is the worst team we've fielded in the history of the franchise and that is saying something.

Talent wise, I don't think so. Those Gene Smith years were very bad talent wise. Most of the guys he drafted weren't even able to have a cup of coffee in the NFL before they were back to selling used cars. Del Rio did a decent job for what he had to work with talent wise.

Coaching wise, this is absolutely the worst coached team we've fielded in franchise history. It's been an absolute mess from the jump.

(01-02-2022, 06:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 06:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Strictly from a talent standpoint, I believe this is the worst team we've fielded in the history of the franchise and that is saying something.

Talent wise, I don't think so. Those Gene Smith years were very bad talent wise. Most of the guys he drafted weren't even able to have a cup of coffee in the NFL before they were back to selling used cars. Del Rio did a decent job for what he had to work with talent wise.

Coaching wise, this is absolutely the worst coached team we've fielded in franchise history. It's been an absolute mess from the jump.

I tend to agree, we have talented guys who have produced in this league, they're just not performing up to their capabilities and the scheme/coaching is abhorrible. Josh Allen, Myles Jack, Shaq Griffin, Malcolm Brown are all proven players, and Tyson Campbell has come on recently. On offense all the talent is hurt or banged up; Chark, James Robinson, Brandon Linder, Dan Arnold and then guys like Marvin Jones, and Cam Robinson are solid enough.

We clearly don't have talent across the entirety of both units, and we're playing with a rookie qb. that said I still think we have more total "good" players than some of the Mularkey/Gus Bradley teams did. The difference is those teams had better "role" guys to fill out the roster, which isnt saying much but at least the backups/3rd stringers/special teams players were NFL caliber backups/3rd stringers/special teams players where on our roster I don't think a lot of these guys in the same spot on the depth chart will be in the league long.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

This is Trevor's team. Do the right thing Khan and clean house. Absolutely no way you can keep Baalke after today's mess.
https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/14...8072922112

(01-02-2022, 04:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 04:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Another stellar game for the Golden boy. 193 yards passing, 3 ints, 1 Td from a screen pass.  Simply horrendous. Only a Jaguar fan can defend this.

Lawrence just isn't good enough.

Finally agree with you
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-02-2022, 06:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 04:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:  Lawrence just isn't good enough.

Finally agree with you

Well that's because, like your lousy takes on the QB, you toss out what I actually said in favor of what you want to see.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 07:02 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-02-2022, 06:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 06:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Finally agree with you

Well that's because, like your lousy takes on the QB, you toss out what I actually said in favor of what you want to see.

I would trust Ray Charles opinion watching the game over yours.   You have thick teal goggles on.

Yes the Jaguars are Dysfunctional, Yes the receivers are bad,  but Lawrence has issues that you can only blame on him.

-Throwing inaccurate balls into triple coverage
-Heaving balls up and getting lucky
-Putting the ball off target on about half his throws
-Can't throw a touch pass to save his life
-Makes wrong reads or holds onto the ball too long

Do I need to go on?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-02-2022, 06:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 04:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:  Lawrence just isn't good enough.

Finally agree with you

The important thing to remember is that he can get better. How much better is to be seen, but I'd say based on his physical skills he could be good. I don't buy the excuses of drops(give him every single one he still has a sub 60% completion) and less than 10 TDs. Lawrence is in fact a bad NFL QB right now, and he needs some help for sure. We need weapons, something this and last year's regime failed to bring in for their starting QBs...

All I know is this, if Baalke is in fact the GM going into the 2022 season and there isn't vast improvement from TL and a great draft of productive rookies, I think this team is in deep, deep trouble. How much longer will fans will stick around? I am already in full apathy mode when it comes to the Jaguars. 2017 already feels like it was a decade ago and we're just a few seasons removed. How long until the most die hards call it quits? How much more incompetence can people really take?

(01-02-2022, 07:02 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 06:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well that's because, like your lousy takes on the QB, you toss out what I actually said in favor of what you want to see.

I would trust Ray Charles opinion watching the game over yours.   You have thick teal goggles on.

Yes the Jaguars are Dysfunctional, Yes the receivers are bad,  but Lawrence has issues that you can only blame on him.

Do I need to go on?
Nope. No need for you to post anymore.

Feel free to take a few months off.

(01-02-2022, 07:07 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 06:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Finally agree with you

The important thing to remember is that he can get better. How much better is to be seen, but I'd say based on his physical skills he could be good. I don't buy the excuses of drops(give him every single one he still has a sub 60% completion) and less than 10 TDs. Lawrence is in fact a bad NFL QB right now, and he needs some help for sure. We need weapons, something this and last year's regime failed to bring in for their starting QBs...

All I know is this, if Baalke is in fact the GM going into the 2022 season and there isn't vast improvement from TL and a great draft of productive rookies, I think this team is in deep, deep trouble. How much longer will fans will stick around? I am already in full apathy mode when it comes to the Jaguars. 2017 already feels like it was a decade ago and we're just a few seasons removed. How long until the most die hards call it quits? How much more incompetence can people really take?

Yea because 38 drops so far on the season definitely doesn't play into taking TDs off the board (multiple dropped in the end zone), stalled out drives, tipped INTs etc etc. Surely drops play absolutely zero role in the game of football.

Just keep watching the highlights and looking at the box score like you admitted you do, just a little bit ago.

As usual, I'm watching other NFL games and I see wide receivers making great plays on the ball. Jags wide receivers never do

Trevor wants to meet with shad again

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14777...sVrKw&s=19

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 07:20 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

In so many words, Trevor is finally telling us what we already know.. "This [BLEEP] is a mess"
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...5169737731

Trade request of he is smart.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 07:53 PM by OzJohnnie.)

(01-02-2022, 07:15 PM)Jag88 Wrote: As usual, I'm watching other NFL games and I see wide receivers making great plays on the ball. Jags wide receivers never do

Uh… today’s 40-yard reception on an under thrown ball over the back of two defenders?  You’ve got to be joking that jag wides never make great plays.

(01-02-2022, 07:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: In so many words, Trevor is finally telling us what we already know.. "This [BLEEP] is a mess"

I agree with TL 100%. He can only do so much.

(01-02-2022, 07:02 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 06:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well that's because, like your lousy takes on the QB, you toss out what I actually said in favor of what you want to see.

Do I need to go on?

That makes perfect sense, Ray would probably agree with you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-02-2022, 07:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: In so many words, Trevor is finally telling us what we already know.. "This [BLEEP] is a mess"

This is such a bone-headed comment that I think the quoting must make it read poorly. TL is not shooting the lights out. He’s throwing one turd sandwich game after another. If he were racking up the performances and the team was dying around him the this quote as it reads could have some validity.

But even then where is the leadership?  Throws everyone under the bus but himself, eh?  And then wants a 1:1 with the owner?  Audacity, that’s what that is.