Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head Coach Candidates (Merged Threads)

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 03:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-15-2022, 02:48 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How many of those have a SB win?  That's the goal

Give it time. Most of them are fairly early in their careers and are in the process of building young teams.  

And I'd be willing to bet most Super Bowl winning QBs were in the league and were a lot more polished than a lot of the young guns on those teams too.
Well of course at some point they will have to because all the older ones will have to retire because of age.

The ones with experience will always have that edge

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2022, 01:15 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:08 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: My major concern is bringing in a Coach who is new to his position in this mess.  Experience matters a ton!

None of these head coaches had experience prior, and all of them are in the playoffs right now:

https://twitter.com/slotfade/status/1481653086766567426

This list is also missing Sean McVay and Mike Tomlin.  The only 2nd job HCs in the playoffs this year are Reid, Belichick, Arians and McCarthy.

(01-15-2022, 03:41 PM)empty Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:15 AM)Upper Wrote: None of these head coaches had experience prior, and all of them are in the playoffs right now:

https://twitter.com/slotfade/status/1481653086766567426

This list is also missing Sean McVay and Mike Tomlin.  The only 2nd job HCs in the playoffs this year are Reid, Belichick, Arians and McCarthy.
Belicheck really skews the retread coach argument.

Byron Leftwich has been part of successful organizations as both a player and coach and has two super bowl rings as a result. He's seen Tomlin and Arians, and was part of the coaching staff in Arizona as well.

To say he lacks experience or wouldn't know how to conduct affairs Is false, imo. He has seen how the successful teams do it, as opposed to a guy like Urban, who had not.

(01-15-2022, 05:02 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Byron Leftwich has been part of successful organizations as both a player and coach and has two super bowl rings as a result.  He's seen Tomlin and Arians, and was part of the coaching staff in Arizona as well.

To say he lacks experience or wouldn't know how to conduct affairs Is false, imo.  He has seen how the successful teams do it, as opposed to a guy like Urban, who had not.

There are other ex-players that fall into that general category. Would you consider McCardell or Brunell for the HC spot in Jacksonville? I would not at this point. People seem to be thinking that previous experience as a HC is a negative thing.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-15-2022, 02:41 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 08:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Weak minded people use the block feature.

Case and point.

The thing that cracks me up is the clown blocks people that insult him yet his idea of a dissenting point of view is to call people that don't want to bash Lawrence in 90% of their posts, nut huggers.

[BLEEP] hypocrite.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't really recall any name-calling prior to 'nut huggers'.  Dip [BLEEP] asks for it.  Double hypocrite?  Is there such a thing?

You would be correct. He made a thread calling Trevor "horrendous" "worst starting QB in the NFL" "looking like a bust" after only 3 weeks of the season.

We called him out by saying it's dumb to call him horrendous or any of the above, because it was simply not true, as well as it was dumb to judge a rookie QB that fast, especially one thrown into this mess. His response was to instantly call us "blind fan boys" and "Lawrence nut huggers".

Also doesn't help his case that he's an arrogant jack [BLEEP] who thinks he has some special insight on everything, as well as him thinking he's some god's gift to this forum.

The dude asked for it from the start and deserves everything the little [BLEEP] gets.

(01-15-2022, 06:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 02:41 PM)scottyg Wrote: Maybe I missed it, but I don't really recall any name-calling prior to 'nut huggers'.  Dip [BLEEP] asks for it.  Double hypocrite?  Is there such a thing?

You would be correct. He made a thread calling Trevor "horrendous" "worst starting QB in the NFL" "looking like a bust" after only 3 weeks of the season.

We called him out by saying it's dumb to call him horrendous or any of the above, because it was simply not true, as well as it was dumb to judge a rookie QB that fast, especially one thrown into this mess. His response was to instantly call us "blind fan boys" and "Lawrence nut huggers".

Also doesn't help his case that he's an arrogant jack [BLEEP] who thinks he has some special insight on everything, as well as him thinking he's some god's gift to this forum.

The dude asked for it from the start and deserves everything the little [BLEEP] gets.
I mean he called himself Morpheus hahaha

(01-15-2022, 06:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 02:41 PM)scottyg Wrote: Maybe I missed it, but I don't really recall any name-calling prior to 'nut huggers'.  Dip [BLEEP] asks for it.  Double hypocrite?  Is there such a thing?

LOL, guys he is a griefer look it up.  Other than causing grief, his other objective is he wants all the topics to be authored by him and for them to be negative.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-15-2022, 12:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Over/Under on the next hire being announced on Monday?

Under. Probably another week or so. Although waiting too long could backfire with so many teams looking for coaches.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-15-2022, 09:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 12:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Over/Under on the next hire being announced on Monday?

Under. Probably another week or so. Although waiting too long could backfire with so many teams looking for coaches.

The longer it goes the fewer candidates it could be as the choice is still coaching an active team.  We could be waiting until the Super Bowl to get a name.

(01-15-2022, 10:38 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 09:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Under. Probably another week or so. Although waiting too long could backfire with so many teams looking for coaches.

The longer it goes the fewer candidates it could be as the choice is still coaching an active team.  We could be waiting until the Super Bowl to get a name.
I meant to say over. I agree Khan should do his due diligence but can't wait too long so the coaching pool does not dry up.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Is it too late to request an interview with Daboll?

(01-15-2022, 11:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Is it too late to request an interview with Daboll?

I have no doubt his phone will be very busy tomorrow with teams requesting interviews

(01-15-2022, 11:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Is it too late to request an interview with Daboll?

I was thinking that too watching this game

I think the Patriots should have borrowed the jags defense. Jags put it on the Bills

If it is Leftwich, I’m assuming it can’t be announced until the Buccs get eliminated/win the SB?

Kind of low key routing against the bucs. I mean they won it last year. Then I kind of route for brady because I like seeing him kicking Azz at 44 even though we know agre is relative. Just let the teams with our coaching candidates lose. Haha

I'm pretty sure the van announce head coaches before the playoffs are over. They have done it before. I know they have done it with New England plenty of times.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 11:16 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

It's crazy how bad we beat the Bills, then how bad the Pats beat us. Then how bad the Bill's beat the Pats. That's the NFL for you

We should have been looking at him before last night, last night shouldnt of changed anything.  He's been my top guy for the last 2 years.  Last year rumors were we were very interested, not sure what happened other than Meyer

(01-15-2022, 05:17 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 05:02 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Byron Leftwich has been part of successful organizations as both a player and coach and has two super bowl rings as a result.  He's seen Tomlin and Arians, and was part of the coaching staff in Arizona as well.

To say he lacks experience or wouldn't know how to conduct affairs Is false, imo.  He has seen how the successful teams do it, as opposed to a guy like Urban, who had not.

There are other ex-players that fall into that general category. Would you consider McCardell or Brunell for the HC spot in Jacksonville? I would not at this point. People seem to be thinking that previous experience as a HC is a negative thing.

Of course there are.  But neither Brunell nor McCardell have been as high as an OC on s coaching staff.  Neither of them have been gushed about by a damn good head coach and HOF QB.  None of them have players like Shady McCoy giving interviews about the kind of coach they are and how much they appreciate them.

There are a lot of factors.  I'm not saying that HC experience is a bad thing.  I'm on board for both Caldwell and Pederson as well.  I'm simply pointing out that Byron has seen successful organizations firsthand and therefore knows what that culture looks like.  And I think (correct me if I'm wrong) he would be our first HC with a super bowl ring in any capacity before they came here.

The point is he can hypothetically emulate winning culture a way Urban, Doug, Jack, etc. couldn't because he's seen it in multiple different places.