Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head Coach Candidates (Merged Threads)

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 04:15 AM by MojoKing. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Brian Daboll 
2. Byron Leftwich 
3. Eric Bieniemy 

I REALLY wanted to like Byron or Eric over Brian. But, after watching hours of interviews, I want Brian. He seems to be the best mix of Football IQ and Leader of Men. When I hear Eric talk, I hear an amazing leader of men, like a Tony Robins type figure. But I’m not hearing the Football IQ , and the fact that he’s had Andy and Patrick (and the other cast) it’s just hard to judge. Same thing with Byron. Byron is very smart and charismatic, and he calls the plays (for the most part). Daboll I like because he’s straight to the point, no bs, doesn’t give generic answers. And he’s had the least talent to work with of the 3. 

There is no way in hell we are going to have a D Coordinator as our HC. It’s all about Trevors development. And seeing how Brian has morphed Allen as a legit QB, i am uber pumped for him to have the reigns. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 04:16 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

1.-Bieniemy
2.-Daboll
3.-Kevin O'Connell

I"d be extremely happy with any of those 3
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

1. Leftwich
2. Daboll
3. Boris Johnson (not my personal favourite choice, but seems like the way Khan might go...}

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 04:38 AM by Predator. Edited 2 times in total.)

Bring Byron Leftwhich home.

He made Winston the top TD passer in the league even thought he threw the most Ints. And he is on his way to help the oldest QB in the league break all his own season records.

He has a great offensive mind and is a good coach.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 05:38 AM by Caldrac.)

1. Josh McDaniels and Eliot Wolf from New England.

2. Kellen Moore and Will McClay from Dallas.

3. Greg Roman and Joe Horitz from Baltimore.

Bonus. Jim Caldwell and Rick Smith from previous years.

It has to be a package deal. You need two guys coming over from the same team with a uniformed front under one identity.

Josh would probably make Lawrence competent in year two. Kellen has the potential to be the next Sean McVay. Greg has a proven history of scheming an offense around his QBs strengths.

Caldwell and Smith would also be an interesting pairing. Both have been out of football but have a history of success and could also probably turn this around relatively quickly.

Was previously high on Daboll. Not so much this past month. Leftwich is interesting but is it him or is it Brady? The talent in Tampa is also ridiculous overall. This is not Tampa.

Reid's had some of his coaches succeed but also fold a bit. Not impressed with Nagy, Reich and Pederson had his moment. He's intriguing to an extent but also could have been extremely lucky that year. Bieniemy just doesn't seem legit right now.

Again, however. This has to be a package deal. GM - HC - Staffing. That is the order this must flow this time. Preferably a package deal from the same organization excited with the idea of building around and developing Lawrence into who he was drafted to be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-16-2021, 05:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 1. Josh McDaniels and Eliot Wolf from New England.

It has to be a package deal. You need two guys coming over from the same team with a uniformed front under one identity.

Josh would probably make Lawrence competent in year two. Kellen has the potential to be the next Sean McVay. Greg has a proven history of scheming an offense around his QBs strengths.

Caldwell and Smith would also be an interesting pairing. Both have been out of football but have a history of success and could also probably turn this around relatively quickly.

Was previously high on Daboll. Not so much this past month. Leftwich is interesting but is it him or is it Brady? The talent in Tampa is also ridiculous overall. This is not Tampa.

Reid's had some of his coaches succeed but also fold a bit. Not impressed with Nagy, Reich and Pederson had his moment. He's intriguing to an extent but also could have been extremely lucky that year. Bieniemy just doesn't seem legit right now.

Again, however. This has to be a package deal. GM - HC - Staffing. That is the order this must flow this time. Preferably a package deal from the same organization excited with the idea of building around and developing Lawrence into who he was drafted to be.

McDaniels isnt leaving NE. Im pretty sure Kraft ensured him that it will be his job ones Belichick retires.

(12-16-2021, 05:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 1. Josh McDaniels and Eliot Wolf from New England.

Josh McDaniels……. I agree……best thing that could happen for Trevor.

(12-16-2021, 04:14 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 1.-Bieniemy
2.-Daboll
3.-Kevin O'Connell

I"d be extremely happy with any of those 3

Bieniemy has some legal stuff that would prevent him from coming I think.

It would be hilarious if Khan hires someone from this staffing regime.

Such a classic Khan move.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 07:04 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

Byron Leftwich has a very short resume.  And, he's coaching Tom Brady, which makes things much easier.   

On the other hand, he's very successful, plus, he obviously knows how to design a successful NFL offense, and, sometimes, you have to take a chance on a person.  Leftwich has been described by many as having strong leadership ability.  Bruce Arians said he would not have come back to coaching if he could not have gotten Byron Leftwich to be the offensive coordinator. 

The interview would be supremely important.

Then if you want someone who has been a proven head coach, there is Doug Pederson, Marvin Lewis, Jim Caldwell.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 07:24 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Brian Daboll, Bills Offensive Coordinator
2. Kellen Moore, Dallas Offensive Coordinator
3. Brian Callahan, Bengals Offensive Coordinator
4. Byron Leftwich, Tampa Bay Offensive Coordinator

I don't have a favorite here. I just wanna hire the best person based on the interviews. I just really want someone who can fix Trevor Lawrence and after thinking about it and hearing other people's ideas over the past two weeks, I've decided I want someone who either has worked with a young QB and helped make him good or someone who was a former QB themselves. I believe this will go a long way into developing our young QB.

1. Daboll
2. McDaniels
3. Doug Pederson

(12-16-2021, 06:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Byron Leftwich has a very short resume.  And, he's coaching Tom Brady, which makes things much easier.   

On the other hand, he's very successful, plus, he obviously knows how to design a successful NFL offense, and, sometimes, you have to take a chance on a person.  Leftwich has been described by many as having strong leadership ability.  Bruce Arians said he would not have come back to coaching if he could not have gotten Byron Leftwich to be the offensive coordinator. 

The interview would be supremely important.

Then if you want someone who has been a proven head coach, there is Doug Pederson, Marvin Lewis, Jim Caldwell.

As someone who has lived in the Cincinnati area all their life and knows Bengals' football, I'd rather eat dirt than hire Marvin Lewis. He's soft and let's the players run all over him. He was full of the same excuses over and over why the Bengals constantly lost and he could not win a playoff game to save his life. I hate Lewis. He's one of the most wishy-washy people in the NFL.

(12-16-2021, 06:19 AM)JW Wrote:

Josh McDaniels……. I agree……best thing that could happen for Trevor.

The guy who drafted Tim Tebow?  You want him?  

I'm not saying he's not a good candidate, but...

(12-16-2021, 07:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 06:19 AM)JW Wrote: Josh McDaniels……. I agree……best thing that could happen for Trevor.

The guy who drafted Tim Tebow?  You want him?  

I'm not saying he's not a good candidate, but...

Exactly. That is why I would never hire McDaniels, ever. Dumbest draft pick..........ever.

Both Breer and Prisco are linking McDaniels to the Jags. Khan loves the Patriot way, definitely could see it happening.

Curious what happens with Baalke. Having him around could shrink the interested coach pool.

Let's hire a GM first

Anyone is better than the current mob

*knock on wood*

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 08:04 AM by Caldrac.)

(12-16-2021, 07:40 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Both Breer and Prisco are linking McDaniels to the Jags. Khan loves the Patriot way, definitely could see it happening.

Curious what happens with Baalke. Having him around could shrink the interested coach pool.
You bring Wolf over with him.

(12-16-2021, 07:56 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Anyone is better than the current mob

*knock on wood*
Agreed.

*judo chop wood*

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-16-2021, 07:40 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Both Breer and Prisco are linking McDaniels to the Jags. Khan loves the Patriot way, definitely could see it happening.

This is my pick

Short memories. Byron was treated terribly here by the fans. No chance he’d even consider returning.