Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoffs 2022

The one thing these last couple of games has shown is that a good Dline can cover a lot of problems. If the front 4 can get constant pressure then it makes life a lot easier for the DBs with coverage and the LB's playing gaps.

I also guess it shows the importance of having a solid Oline aswell but the standard across the league is pretty average.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 05:43 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(01-23-2022, 05:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: The one thing these last couple of games has shown is that a good Dline can cover a lot of problems. If the front 4 can get constant pressure then it makes life a lot easier for the DBs with coverage and the LB's playing gaps.

I also guess it shows the importance of having a solid Oline aswell but the standard across the league is pretty average.

The game has always been about both lines.  As much as we need receiver help, I hope we load up on big uglies this draft.

To clarify, it’s a QB driven league, but once you have your QB (and we do) then build top tier O and D lines primarily through the draft. I hope that’s what we’re able to do.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 05:50 PM by I am Yoda.)

(01-23-2022, 04:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Can't believe I'm pulling for the rams, but I've just hated Brady for way too long to pull for the Bucs today.

[Image: giphy.gif]

No ulterior motive? *cough* Leftwich availability *cough*

Except: (Trent Baalke whispering in Khan's ear at BL's second interview) "May I remind you he just lost the divisional playoff game. Just sayin'."

Baalke Wormtongue

[Image: wormtongue-whisper.jpg]

(01-23-2022, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Can't believe I'm pulling for the rams, but I've just hated Brady for way too long to pull for the Bucs today.

I would love to put my heart into pulling for the Rams, but I just despise Jalen Ramsey.  Love DGDs Stafford and Michele, though!  And Cooper Kupp is the kind of player it's easy to root for.
Fix the O-Line!

(01-23-2022, 05:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 05:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: The one thing these last couple of games has shown is that a good Dline can cover a lot of problems. If the front 4 can get constant pressure then it makes life a lot easier for the DBs with coverage and the LB's playing gaps.

The game has always been about both lines.  As much as we need receiver help, I hope we load up on big uglies this draft.

To clarify, it’s a QB driven league, but once you have your QB (and we do) then build top tier O and D lines primarily through the draft.  I hope that’s what we’re able to do.

Oh definitely. As they say its won and lost in the trenches and for all his faults, thats what Coughlin said he was trying to do. 

As you say its a QB league and it makes such a difference how much time they get in the pocket. If you get to them quickly or make them scramble they are much more a short passing threat but if they get time they will pick you apart. And this is what i mean about making it easier for D's.

You need the personnel tho up front to make it work and DB's and LB's with speed to take away the short routes. Sadly that is exactly what the 2017 D was.

Nice return

Bucs look like they are ready for the offseason

(01-23-2022, 05:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

To clarify, it’s a QB driven league, but once you have your QB (and we do) then build top tier O and D lines primarily through the draft.  I hope that’s what we’re able to do.

I 100% value getting Trevor protection over getting him weapons (eve though both can be addressed) and I like the concept of building the trenches first too. 

I don't know if this particular draft is going to shape up in such a way that we take that approach in our drafting though. 
Free agency may produce enough big uglies to give us more versatility in our early draft selections. 

Lots can change between now and April though.

Watching Brady, this reminds me of his last season in NE. Throwing to no name WR's that cant catch the ball.

He had some many weapons in Tampa last year. Theyve done nothing today.

Good start of the 2nd half

(01-23-2022, 05:46 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 04:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No ulterior motive? *cough* Leftwich availability *cough*

Except: (Trent Baalke whispering in Khan's ear at BL's second interview) "May I remind you he just lost the divisional playoff game. Just sayin'."

Baalke Wormtongue

[Image: wormtongue-whisper.jpg]

I would love to put my heart into pulling for the Rams, but I just despise Jalen Ramsey.  Love DGDs Stafford and Michele, though!  And Cooper Kupp is the kind of player it's easy to root for.

I'm enjoying seeing Stafford make his detractors look foolish today. 

Tons of folks bad mouthed that move and labeled him an overrated game manager, but he's 23-30 with 2 TD strikes and a rushing TD today.

Carma is a B!+€#.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-23-2022, 06:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 05:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The game has always been about both lines.  As much as we need receiver help, I hope we load up on big uglies this draft.

I 100% value getting Trevor protection over getting him weapons (eve though both can be addressed) and I like the concept of building the trenches first too. 

I don't know if this particular draft is going to shape up in such a way that we take that approach in our drafting though. 
Free agency may produce enough big uglies to give us more versatility in our early draft selections. 

Lots can change between now and April though.

It feels easier finding talent for Dline than Oline. Just doesnt feel there are that many elite Olinemen out there and coming through the draft. Plus should a top oline player become available, most teams would be after them.

It will be interesting to see what we do with our Oline with contracts being up.

I luv fournette still. Nice power td and the bucs creeping back into it

Just when you thought this game was over...

Poor Tom not getting his usual love from the refs. Let’s see if he can engineer one of his comebacks without their help.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 06:36 PM by Eric1.)

Momentum has completely flipped

FUMBLE

And flipped again.

You gotta be kidding me LOL

And another flip.

This game is just wacky right now