Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-27-2022, 09:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 09:37 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Maybe Khan does know what he is doing. He got burnt bad last year with his ardent decision to open up his arms --and checkbook -- to Urban, so he's playing all the angles this time around. Maybe he just wants to get it right.
Of course, this is true but the person he wants to hire (and who's likely the best candidate) doesn't want his snake weasel of a GM.

This is one of the biggest no brainers in NFL history but for whatever reason, Khan isn't seeing it.

Fire Baalke. Hire Leftwich and Adrian Wilson. Prosper.

Maybe he does see it, but he wants to be sure. There doesn't seem to be a parade of suitors at Leftwich's door, so why not do further due diligence?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2022, 09:44 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 09:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Of course, this is true but the person he wants to hire (and who's likely the best candidate) doesn't want his snake weasel of a GM.

This is one of the biggest no brainers in NFL history but for whatever reason, Khan isn't seeing it.

Fire Baalke. Hire Leftwich and Adrian Wilson. Prosper.

Maybe he does see it, but he wants to be sure. There doesn't seem to be a parade of suitors at Leftwich's door, so why not do further due diligence?
Like what? What other due diligence does Khan need to do if he already has offered the job to Byron and Byron is ready to accept?

(01-27-2022, 09:20 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Who is Chris Porter and why should we take his word as fact? Give me some attributal sources. A mere 24 hours ago, some Twitter imposter had a bunch of you believing Leftwich had already been given the keys to the kingdom.

Rick Stroud has said the same thing, he's the one that broke the AB vax card thing and Lambo story.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I'm pretty sure if Khan is keeping Baalke, that would of been made clear in the first interview. If Byron wouldn't work with Baalke there wouldn't of been a 2nd interview.

Khan needs to sort this quickly. If Baalke is the reason for the delay and they wont/can't work together then make a decision. I doubt Leftwich wouldnt go elsewhere or stay another year in Tampa than join us with someone he cant work with.

Just seems crazy how Khan rates Baalke so highly after 1 year, and it wasnt a great year.

(01-27-2022, 09:20 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Who is Chris Porter and why should we take his word as fact? Give me some attributal sources. A mere 24 hours ago, some Twitter imposter had a bunch of you believing Leftwich had already been given the keys to the kingdom.

Agreed 100% lol.  He tweeted a rumor from a while back

(01-26-2022, 06:36 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Maybe it will work. Who knows?

I would have preferred an established head coach rather than a first timer. This organisation has so much work to do in order to get the off-field parts working well that it seems a bridge too far to also make the on-field organisation a challenge.

Did TL have a say in the hire like he demanded?  And did he approve?

what off-field parts are not working well, in your opinion?

I see the team as turned a corner once we moved on from Doug and Dave, and practically all the unrest this past season seemed to disappear once Urbz was out of the building.

(01-27-2022, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 09:44 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Maybe he does see it, but he wants to be sure. There doesn't seem to be a parade of suitors at Leftwich's door, so why not do further due diligence?
Like what? What other due diligence does Khan need to do if he already has offered the job to Byron and Byron is ready to accept?
It doesn't hurt to interview more candidates to clarify that the fluttering Khan has in his heart for Leftwich is indeed love and not indigestion. Another case of the acid reflux supplied by Meyer cannot be tolerated.

(01-26-2022, 08:40 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 08:38 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Gets better. One of the leverages Baalke is trying to press regards roster control.

Get the hell out already.

I hope his [BLEEP] plane crashes

um, no.

Be better.

(01-27-2022, 09:54 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Like what? What other due diligence does Khan need to do if he already has offered the job to Byron and Byron is ready to accept?
It doesn't hurt to interview more candidates to clarify that the fluttering Khan has in his heart for Leftwich is indeed love and not indigestion. Another case of the acid reflux supplied by Meyer cannot be tolerated.
I'm really hoping we hear of Pederson getting a 2nd interview

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 10:05 AM by Mikey.)

(01-26-2022, 09:01 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 08:36 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...7525095426

its not over yet

It seems that Leftwich’s manager put out the leaks in order to put other candidates off when they interview. Is that the sort of leadership we want in Jacksonville?

His agent is going to be coaching? His agent is going to be delivering the halftime speech that motivates the team to claw back into a lopsided game? Maybe his agent will be the one handling the media after the games. Oh wait, he won't be doing any of those duties? We're hiring the client, not his representative.

You understand his agent's job is to do everything he can to get his client a job and get the best deal possible, right?

This faux outrage is hilarious.

(01-26-2022, 09:19 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: But but Dilla always knows.  Now he is backtracking

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14864...81062?s=20

is this a case of game recognizing game?

(01-27-2022, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 09:54 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: It doesn't hurt to interview more candidates to clarify that the fluttering Khan has in his heart for Leftwich is indeed love and not indigestion. Another case of the acid reflux supplied by Meyer cannot be tolerated.
I'm really hoping we hear of Pederson getting a 2nd interview

See, this is what I'm talking about. Why not sit down with him for a second interview? Maybe he'll reveal something that makes you want to have him. Maybe he won't. But why not try? At the very least it could validate the rush of good feelings Khan has for Leftwich.

Shad Khan is the Gene Smith of NFL owners. Smh.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-27-2022, 09:07 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Now We know why baalke pushed so hard…

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...known.jpeg

If this is true, hire Leftwich right freakin now!

Khan needs to make a move and he needs to make it soon. Whether that involves Baalke or not it's completely up to him at this point. Hackett is the first official hire being made. The rest of the NFL will start filling positions in quickly. The only coordinator remaining that's still coaching is Bieniemy. The buzz around Bieniemy seems to have died down a lot these past two years as well.

Guys like Daboll and Frazier will probably start getting into serious consideration and talks. Pederson is out there. Moore may or may not get a job this year. Same for Quinn. However, Jerry Jones may be on the verge of already putting McCarthy and his staff out on it's [BLEEP] because of that lack luster and sloppy display of football against the 49ers. So, it's going to start getting very, very interesting soon.

Denver getting Hackett makes sense. Especially if it's to be believed that Rodgers is on his way out of Green Bay. This is John Elway trying to recapture a quick title run and victory like he did with Peyton Manning a few years ago. It makes sense on paper. Just a tough division though to convince me Rodgers is going to be able to keep up with the likes of Mahomes, Herbert and even Carr. The AFC West is a very good division.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It’s Byron or Baalke, Shad. Do you want to re-energize your fan base and sell tickets or do you want to alienate your fan base even further and continue trying to find ways to get fans to come to the stadium?

That is our saving grace, you know. We have beautiful weather, not much else to do, and tickets are easy to come by, so you can suck and still fill a stadium here. Try this in any other NFL city and see how it plays out.

(01-27-2022, 09:37 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Maybe Khan does know what he is doing. He got burnt bad last year with his ardent decision to open up his arms --and checkbook -- to Urban, so he's playing all the angles this time around. Maybe he just wants to get it right.

Getting it right means firing Baalke. If he doesn't, he'll lose a significant part of the fanbase. How can he not see this?

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 10:24 AM by Mikey.)

(01-26-2022, 09:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think you were catching my drift.  Upper and Cleatwood  were acting like ut was a done deal.  "Just dotting the i and crossing the t"  Lol if this is the case why is Hackett getting a 2nd interview?  Do you see what I was saying?

Lulz

Comical a few believed Dilla over Rap and Schef lol

Like i was saying, I still think Byron is the favorite but it's no done deal
1. I still think it’s Byron.
2. Are you acting like Upper and myself were the only ones convinced they were for sure hiring Byron? Many people were saying it and didn’t necessarily see the contract situation holding it up. Underestimated Baalke.
3. I was wrong about them not interviewing another coach. Didn’t really think they would do it because every arrow was pointing to Leftwich and the Jags reaching a contract agreement.

And Dilla has been right far more often than Rap.

Yeah, I get that. I hadn't seen anyone hear shouting from the rooftops that Byron is anywhere near officially hired.
There's a very good chance that if Dilla's source is close to the owner, and the owner is wowed by Byron, that yeah, it's going to happen or the wheels are going in that direction.
There was nothing concrete in his tweet.

Once again, as with damn near everything on this board, everyone has to pick a side. It's either "Dilla is a prescient god who must not be doubted" or "Dilla is a dumma". Byron is either the solution to every problem, or he's just a continuation of everything wrong with the franchise. It's frickin exhausting.

Like you said, Dilla has shown over time that his sources (instincts, guesses, what the heck ever) tend to be reliable. If he indicates that the team is leaning in Byron's direction, it's probably believable that they are.

(01-26-2022, 09:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lolololol

I'd feel the same about Hackett as I do with Byron.  I think both could be good for Trev and neither have HC experience

Cleatwood is a buffoon.  Glad I blocked him because he post nothing but garbage.  Too bad when he gets quoted I occasionally see his garbage spewed across my screen.

I notice these bullies on the board like him who insult people, never admit when they are wrong or own up to anything.   Little man syndrome.

Dilla has not been right 100% of the time and gets many things wrong.

mein gott the hypocracy of this post, man. I just pray that one of your buddies replies to this so you can see it, since you block everyone who fails to agree with you.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 10:31 AM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 1 time in total.)

So the reports are this hold up with Byron is- He wants his GM to come with and wants Baalke out. I’d be much more favorable to Byron’s hire if he was able to get khan to fire Baalke. Of course, khan is a football idiot so chances are he retains Baalke and we lose out on all the good coaching candidates.

(01-27-2022, 07:35 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 03:42 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I am not a fan of an inexperienced head coach walking into this situation. BTW many idiots were attacking others like me who tried to point out its not official. Besr believe I am calling them out on it. Regardless of how you twist it, they jumped the gun and Now they have egg on their face. Cut the BS they were wrong. Byron could still be in the running but they were preaching it was signed, sealed, and delivered with out an official source confirming it. 

I want an experienced head coach. I would be happy with Caldwell or Pedersen. Two coaches with previous success. 

Who do
I’ll take that loss because I was one of them. I was excited about about Byron even though he wasn’t my first choice but it was a move I could get behind and support. IMO it had a lot more  pros than cons. 

Most peoples issue with you comes from the bold above. You definitely get off on doing that to other fans  of the same team on multiple subjects. I don’t think I have you seen you come out on top in a debate and not be a complete piece of [BLEEP] about it. Take a W in stride and move on.

If you disagree with someone that’s fine. And I’ll even admit that 90% of most posts you put up can make for decent conversations. But you have a way of making about 10% of every post you throw up some [BLEEP] shade attack that is normally directed at other fans and has nothing to do with the subject. Some times it hard to tell if you are a troll or a fan. If I was new to the board I would think the former for sure

That’s why people generally don’t respond to your stuff with anything but rebuttal attacks. It is what it is I suppose.

that's it, you're blocked. (well said)