Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

I keep seeing on the news that people are sick of corona. All people are. Let's hope that this is the time that we have all been waiting for.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2022, 12:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 09:40 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not the point. It's random chance. That's like posting an article about an anti-helmet motorcyclist who dies in an accident. It doesn't prove anything. It's rhetoric. You don't know the vaccine would have saved his life. It's likely it would have made a difference, sure, but only for about 2 months. You are anti-booster, right? Haven't you gone on record that you don't want to get another one?

No, that's precisely the point. If he had health issue which increased his risk of serious illness or death if he acquired COVID, then it wasn't random chance. He was offered a remedy which would lessen the effects of the virus and he chose not to take it. 

The vaccine works differently for different people. Some retain immunity longer than others. I am not anti-booster and have received one. My statement was I won't be getting another one, unless a serious strain comes along. Like, zombie serious.

No. It's not precisely the point. Just like the motorcycle guy was anti-helmet, that doesn't mean the helmet would have saved him. Furthermore, and more importantly, you ignored my point about the booster. Unless you have been boosted within the last 3 months, you show statistically no difference between the unvaccinated.

(01-30-2022, 12:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 09:40 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not the point. It's random chance. That's like posting an article about an anti-helmet motorcyclist who dies in an accident. It doesn't prove anything. It's rhetoric. You don't know the vaccine would have saved his life. It's likely it would have made a difference, sure, but only for about 2 months. You are anti-booster, right? Haven't you gone on record that you don't want to get another one?

No, that's precisely the point. If he had health issue which increased his risk of serious illness or death if he acquired COVID, then it wasn't random chance. He was offered a remedy which would lessen the effects of the virus and he chose not to take it. 

The vaccine works differently for different people. Some retain immunity longer than others. I am not anti-booster and have received one. My statement was I won't be getting another one, unless a serious strain comes along. Like, zombie serious.

I think this is a situation where you can both be right. If the man had comorbidities that made him more susceptible to the virus and didn't get the vaccine for strictly political beliefs then he was an idiot. Would it have changed the outcome if he had been vaxxed? We don't know. It's possible he would have still gotten the virus and died. Or gotten the virus and survived. Or not gotten the virus and died of a lightning strike. 

Regardless of the outcome if he had health issues that put him at higher risk and didn't #becausepolitics then he was dumb. People should always make informed medical decisions based on their own health and welfare and in line with what their doctor recommends.

(01-30-2022, 02:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No, that's precisely the point. If he had health issue which increased his risk of serious illness or death if he acquired COVID, then it wasn't random chance. He was offered a remedy which would lessen the effects of the virus and he chose not to take it. 

No. It's not precisely the point. Just like the motorcycle guy was anti-helmet, that doesn't mean the helmet would have saved him. Furthermore, and more importantly, you ignored my point about the booster. Unless you have been boosted within the last 3 months, you show statistically no difference between the unvaccinated.

That would only be a valid comparison if motorcycle guy was blind in one eye and missing a leg. If he had a comorbidity, the odds were stacked that he would become seriously ill or die if he contracted the highly contagious virus. 

Everything I've read about the longevity of the vaccine says you're wrong, and it lasts in differing levels with different people. Yes, I understand you're on a mission to prove to the world that the vaccine is evil and unnecessary. You've chosen your side and will obstinately stick to it till the bitter end, regardless of what anyone else has to say.

Such a strawman. I am easily the most fair and scientific "anti-vaxxer" on this board. I have advocated for this vaccine in elderly populations and the immuno-compromised. I never had a problem until the data and implementation of the rollout stopped making sense. After that, it's become clear that our policy was being driven by something other than reason. Either fear, profit, or power... maybe all three. Who knows? Show me a false claim I've made about the vaccine. I'll wait.

I have no idea what you are reading about the longevity of the vaccine, dude. Of course, it's not one size fits all, it never has been, but most studies show that it's efficacy wains after about 2.5 months. If you want to believe that your vaccine last longer for some reason, go ahead. None of that takes away from my point that twice now, you've posted an article about the death of an anti-vaxxer like it means something. It doesn't. Iirc, you also got perturbed at Ronster for doing something similar. There is no guarantee that the vaccine would have saved that guy. Why participate in politicizing his death?

Look, I don't care if you point to the data. I'm literally talking about this specific instance. It's just rhetoric.

Well we’re in quarantine this week wife got the bug from one of her students (she teaches elementary) she seems ok but work has me sitting out next week to be safe. So far only 2 of the 4 kids have it but I expect it to run through the house since we’re all stuck together for the next week.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-31-2022, 12:54 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Well we’re in quarantine this week wife got the bug from one of her students (she teaches elementary) she seems ok but work has me sitting out next week to be safe. So far only 2 of the 4 kids have it but I expect it to run through the house since we’re all stuck together for the next week.

Yea most likely ur whole fam will get it

I tested positive 2 weeks ago and the rest of the family had to quarantine with me... my dad got it a few days after me, then my mother and 2nd youngest sister...my older sister had all symptoms but tested negative twice until she tested positive...and my youngest sister just got it a few days ago...

11 days ago, my daughter tested positive. I was already off for two weeks and my wife worked from home the whole time. Daughter was cleared to go back to school today. (Knock on wood) but my wife and I haven’t displayed any signs of it. I’d imagine we’d be in the clear (at least from getting it from my daughter). Idk. Weird. I figured we’d all come down with it.

(01-31-2022, 10:03 AM)Jags Wrote: 11 days ago, my daughter tested positive.  I was already off for two weeks and my wife worked from home the whole time.  Daughter was cleared to go back to school today.  (Knock on wood) but my wife and I haven’t displayed any signs of it.  I’d imagine we’d be in the clear (at least from getting it from my daughter).  Idk.  Weird.  I figured we’d all come down with it.

It's possible you have it but are asymptomatic. My husband felt bad for a day. Like a 24 hour bug. I just had nasty headaches. Omicron is a weird one.

Lockdowns only reduced COVID-19 mortality by .2%, study finds: 'Lockdowns should be rejected out of hand'
The Johns Hopkins University study also found that shelter-in-place orders reduced COVID-19 mortality by 2.9%

Lockdowns during the first COVID-19 wave in the spring of 2020 only reduced COVID-19 mortality by .2% in the U.S. and Europe, according to a Johns Hopkins University meta-analysis of several studies.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lockdowns-red...ut-of-hand
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

(02-02-2022, 06:51 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Lockdowns only reduced COVID-19 mortality by .2%, study finds: 'Lockdowns should be rejected out of hand'
The Johns Hopkins University study also found that shelter-in-place orders reduced COVID-19 mortality by 2.9%

Lockdowns during the first COVID-19 wave in the spring of 2020 only reduced COVID-19 mortality by .2% in the U.S. and Europe, according to a Johns Hopkins University meta-analysis of several studies.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lockdowns-red...ut-of-hand

You need to stop quoting medical hacks like Johns Hopkins and get back to the narrative at hand before an outbreak of freedom occurs.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I wonder what they'll find when they look at fired healthcare workers...

80 percent of serious Covid cases are fully Vaccinated’

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/80...accinated/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

A legitimate question if I ever  heard one..........

[Image: hospitals.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 09:21 PM by Lucky2Last.)

https://vinayprasadmdmph.substack.com/p/...EJxMG0As_8

More propaganda from the CDC. How anyone can think this organization has any integrity is beyond puzzling to me.

Please, tell me how this guy is also a nutjob.

Wrong A LOT...

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/14...8045146122
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

OK, I went to my Doctor like 2 weeks ago and they said my BP was a little high so...... They gave me an Rx for some BP meds and told me to come back in 2 weeks. Well today was the day.......MY BP was right were it was supposed to be..... While I was there, she suggested a test to see if I have ever had COVID, I said fine and we went ahead and did the test...... So...... After being in Florida 2x since this whole thing began, going to a football game, goinig to a concert and all that good stuff, basically being in a crowd situation all that time where I was probably exposed to it at some point but..... I never caught it.... Never had it and was never sick because of it. Yeah I had a cold or something a few weeks ago that felt more like a slow motion hangover but that was it...... It seems that my immune system is working just fine, even though I have intentually exposed myself to various things through out the years.... In my opinion, that's what people need to do, expose themselves to various things to BUILD up their immune system so it works. ALl you germophopes out there with your hand sanitizer and all that stuff, well..... you're just weakening your immune system and that's why you get as sick as you do........

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 10:22 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

So, per CDC data..Covid deaths in California are at their 2nd highest rate since the pandemic began, transmission is rated high, and yet they are removing mask mandates. Other Dem states are following suit. This sounds like its more about the elections this year, and nothing about the 'science'. And where is the outrage from the WH/POTUS about this? Florida certainly got its share when it decided on no mask mandates at the beginning of all this, and is now at an all time low for deaths.

As Thomas Dolby famously exclaimed - 'She blinded me with science. SCIENCE!'

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker...-type=Risk

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-09-2022, 10:00 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, I went to my Doctor like 2 weeks ago and they said my BP was a little high so...... They gave me an Rx for some BP meds and told me to come back in 2 weeks. Well today was the day.......MY BP was right were it was supposed to be..... While I was there, she suggested a test to see if I have ever had COVID, I said fine and we went ahead and did the test...... So...... After being in Florida 2x since this whole thing began, going to a football game, goinig to a concert and all that good stuff, basically being in a crowd situation all that time where I was probably exposed to it at some point but..... I never caught it.... Never had it and was never sick because of it. Yeah I had a cold or something a few weeks ago that felt more like a slow motion hangover but that was it...... It seems that my immune system is working just fine, even though I have intentually exposed myself to various things through out the years.... In my opinion, that's what people need to do, expose themselves to various things to BUILD up their immune system so it works. ALl you germophopes out there with your hand sanitizer and all that stuff, well..... you're just weakening your immune system and that's why you get as sick as you do........

Thankfully you have very smart parents and grandparents

https://www.cdc.gov/polio/what-is-polio/polio-us.html
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(02-09-2022, 10:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: So, per CDC data..Covid deaths in California are at their 2nd highest rate since the pandemic began, transmission is rated high, and yet they are removing mask mandates.  Other Dem states are following suit. This sounds like its more about the elections this year, and nothing about the 'science'.  And where is the outrage from the WH/POTUS about this?  Florida certainly got its share when it decided on no mask mandates at the beginning of all this, and is now at an all time low for deaths.

As Thomas Dolby famously exclaimed - 'She blinded me with science.  SCIENCE!'

it's poetry in motion
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1