Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head Coach Candidates (Merged Threads)

(01-31-2022, 10:48 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: My source says there's an outside chance it is actually an interview for Special Teams coordinator/coach, but not to hold your breath.

(01-31-2022, 11:08 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I think this team is just trolling the media. They already have an idea of who they want as their new HC.

...which is what my brain wants to tell me.

Is Khan pulling a fast one on the media? Has Leftwich already been signed and they are just trolling everyone and signing Leftwich's staff?

That would be crazy if true but I just can't believe it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-31-2022, 10:48 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: My source says there's an outside chance it is actually an interview for Special Teams coordinator/coach, but not to hold your breath.

That's great.  Let's interview our HC's people before hiring the guy that would/should have final say on who even interviews for that position.  Unless they've already settled on Bevell.  Sick

(01-31-2022, 11:11 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

(01-31-2022, 11:08 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I think this team is just trolling the media. They already have an idea of who they want as their new HC.

...which is what my brain wants to tell me.

Is Khan pulling a fast one on the media? Has Leftwich already been signed and they are just trolling everyone and signing Leftwich's staff?

Methinks hat would be giving Khan too much credit
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-31-2022, 11:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:07 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: And I'd be willing to bet that Trevor would say that Bev did facilitate his development in Year 1. Him and Schotty. The other guy did him ni favors.

You have any proof? no? then you are making stuff up.

Funny, not even Baalke wants Bevell haha

Do you seriously not think Trevor learned anything positive from this past year?
I'd say it layed the groundwork for good things to come. This wasn't a "lost season" for him as many are quick to recite.

(01-31-2022, 11:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:07 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: And I'd be willing to bet that Trevor would say that Bev did facilitate his development in Year 1. Him and Schotty. The other guy did him ni favors.

You have any proof? no? then you are making stuff up.

It's either a troll or family member. Needs to be banned for trolling or just create a Bevell appreciation thread and they can talk to themself.

(01-31-2022, 11:15 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: You have any proof? no? then you are making stuff up.

It's either a troll or family member. Needs to be banned for trolling or just create a Bevell appreciation thread and they can talk to themself.

Just a voice providing intelligence to make the Jags relevant.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 11:21 AM by Mikey.)

(01-30-2022, 05:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 04:59 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The weird thing is that when it was clear he had to get rid of Coughlin he didn't hesitate to make the move. Not sure why he's still got Baalke in the building.

I'm telling you guys, I'm convinced Baalke has something on Khan. No one in their right mind would be this loyal to such a hated person, unless they were being blackmailed.

Shad does not like firing people. Plain and simple. Not sure if he takes it as a personal admission of failure, or if he wants to be liked by everyone (how's that working for ya, Shahid?), but in almost every instance the action is done later than sooner, and usually damage has already been done (TC, Urbz, Marrone, Caldwell, all of em.)

(01-30-2022, 05:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 04:23 PM)Firesky Wrote: Khan said that just because they have the biggest head start on finding a coach doesn’t mean that they’ll fill it right away and that it might be some time so he can do true due diligence. That’s playing out right now and we’re melting down. YES Baalke has to go, but there are still good candidates with Byron & Brian Flores is still available.

I don’t think it’s dysfunctional that it’s taking a few days longer than fans would prefer. I don’t know how much truth is in any of these rumors.

Urban Meyer was fired on December 16th.  Teams were allowed to interview coaches under contract on December 28th.  To be asking permission for a first interview with a candidate on January 30th is dysfunctional.

make that "desperation"
Shad having his own "Nobody wants to work" moment.
An HC job (1 of 32 in the league and 1 of only 6 openings this offseason) pays very well and is the top of a career ladder for most if not all of the candidates interviewed. How or why is it that nobody is willing to take your opening, specifically?

You don't get to be a billionaire by being this oblivious.

(01-31-2022, 08:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just just on 1010XL that we don't plan on having anyone at the Senior Bowl.  I really hope that's not true

Anyone being shocked at this stage by anything our failed franchise does (or doesn't) must have been in a coma for about 400 days.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 11:30 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(01-31-2022, 11:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 05:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm telling you guys, I'm convinced Baalke has something on Khan. No one in their right mind would be this loyal to such a hated person, unless they were being blackmailed.

Shad does not like firing people. Plain and simple. Not sure if he takes it as a personal admission of failure, or if he wants to be liked by everyone (how's that working for ya, Shahid?), but in almost every instance the action is done later than sooner, and usually damage has already been done (TC, Urbz, Marrone, Caldwell, all of em.)

(01-30-2022, 05:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Urban Meyer was fired on December 16th.  Teams were allowed to interview coaches under contract on December 28th.  To be asking permission for a first interview with a candidate on January 30th is dysfunctional.

make that "desperation"
Shad having his own "Nobody wants to work" moment.
An HC job (1 of 32 in the league and 1 of only 6 openings this offseason) pays very well and is the top of a career ladder for most if not all of the candidates interviewed. How or why is it that nobody is willing to take your opening, specifically?

You don't get to be a billionaire by being this oblivious.

Perhaps designing bumpers for autos is easier than running a football team. Khan is an Industrial Engineer, so he's got a good idea of how to design and streamline processes for maximum efficiency and lowest cost. Problem is, a football team doesnt run quite like that. And if he's a typical engineer (as I am), then a lot of his mentality may be "if you want something right, you'll have to do it yourself". They arent usually very good delegators. Which is kind of unfathomable considering he probably has dozens of people reporting to him. Maybe all yes men/women. Factor in the ego and you have a terrible mix that is producing a terrible product.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

It would be so fitting that we hire a coordinator before an HC.

"Not only do you have to work with a toxic GM that everybody else refused, but we also picked out your ST coord. Sound good?"
"Where'd he go? And what is that cackling laughter I hear down the hallway?"

I think your source resides in your head.  But that's okay; your source is probably as good as any other at this point.

Shad will be “wowed” by his ability/willingness to work with Baalke

Boy this week went from excitement to disappoint in a hurry.

(01-31-2022, 11:15 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: You have any proof? no? then you are making stuff up.

Do you seriously not think Trevor learned anything positive from this past year?
I'd say it layed the groundwork for good things to come. This wasn't a "lost season" for him as many are quick to recite.

I think he learned that he's gonna have to bite his tongue a whole heckuva lot during media interactions.
He's done well on that end so far, but even at that he did start getting vocal at the end of Urbz' run.
If they set him up to fail again, how long does he remain patient?

(01-31-2022, 11:43 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:15 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Do you seriously not think Trevor learned anything positive from this past year?

I think he learned that he's gonna have to bite his tongue a whole heckuva lot during media interactions.
He's done well on that end so far, but even at that he did start getting vocal at the end of Urbz' run.

I think not much longer.

(01-31-2022, 11:13 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:11 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Is Khan pulling a fast one on the media? Has Leftwich already been signed and they are just trolling everyone and signing Leftwich's staff?

Methinks hat would be giving Khan too much credit

I actually heard a few rumbles that yes, it's a possibility that they do fully intend to hire Leftwich, and they are just playing close to the vest. Interview with Fangio was actually for DC, and for ST for Bisaccia. 

For whatever reason, the leaks have mostly stopped. And Leftwich's camp is DEAD silent. No statements, no interviews, nothing. It could be because he is all but hired, or he is waiting to stay in Tampa should Brady change his mind. 

But like y'all, I am very incredulous that Khan actually is doing that. I think they are just scrambling at this point to find a warm body to prop up Baalke, and it is beyond pathetic.

(01-31-2022, 11:43 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:15 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Do you seriously not think Trevor learned anything positive from this past year?

Weren't you glad that he spoke up for Robinson?

(01-31-2022, 11:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I think your source resides in your head.  But that's okay; your source is probably as good as any other at this point.

He doesn't; [they've] called a lot correctly this year so I trust them

(01-31-2022, 11:50 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:13 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Methinks hat would be giving Khan too much credit

I actually heard a few rumbles that yes, it's a possibility that they do fully intend to hire Leftwich, and they are just playing close to the vest. Interview with Fangio was actually for DC, and for ST for Bisaccia. 

For whatever reason, the leaks have mostly stopped. And Leftwich's camp is DEAD silent. No statements, no interviews, nothing. It could be because he is all but hired, or he is waiting to stay in Tampa should Brady change his mind. 

But like y'all, I am very incredulous that Khan actually is doing that. I think they are just scrambling at this point to find a warm body to prop up Baalke, and it is beyond pathetic.
Maybe Leftwich intended to bring Foote with him but the Jags want an experienced coach to pair with Leftwich in his first year (like McVay with PHillips).

FWIW. Saints lined up coaching interviews and Leftwich wasn’t one of them.

Explain to me why we want Leftwich if no other team wants him?

Something doesn't add up here.