Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head Coach Candidates (Merged Threads)

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 03:40 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-31-2022, 03:35 PM)Upper Wrote: In related news, I heard that the breaking ground for the practice facility was pushed back?

Would be awkward to have a ground breaking event for the team facility without a coach I’d think. 

Although, they could give the golden shovel to Baalke and let him dig his own grave.  

“Hey guys, aren’t you two going to dig too”? Tony then pushes him in.  Then yells “ pour the concrete!”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 03:42 PM by MoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-31-2022, 03:37 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 02:03 PM)Jagulars Wrote: So, the O'Connell thing was a waste of time since the Rams made it to the Super Bowl. It would be idiotic to wait another 2 weeks without a HC.

I'll withdraw posting in this thread until a new HC is officially named.

That could be the excuse to wait 2 weeks. Ugh

Buys the greatest GM in jags history a chance for a redo. In Baalke we trust. He will just have to take on the coaching duties for the sake of the franchise. Think of all the money that can be saved in coaching salary?

2022 is going to be the year of the Jaguar.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

[Image: tumblr_mn6giumCur1rzdvhxo4_250.gifv]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 03:49 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Haha.

I love the star trek reference! Makes me laugh every time. Sucks that the other teams are choosing up all the good coaches and those head coaches are taking all the better coaches for their staffs while we sure sit here on the toilet

I’m hoping this long stretch without a hire will result in a satisfactory ending. But the longer it lasts while candidates are being scooped up by other teams, my hope is waning.

(01-31-2022, 03:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m hoping this long stretch without a hire will result in a satisfactory ending. But the longer it lasts while candidates are being scooped up by other teams, my hope is waning.

I would brace yourself for the worst.

(01-31-2022, 03:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 03:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m hoping this long stretch without a hire will result in a satisfactory ending. But the longer it lasts while candidates are being scooped up by other teams, my hope is waning.

I would brace yourself for the worst.

Welcome aboard. Repeat after me...

Baalke is the best. We are lucky he is sticking to see this through. The only good player is an ACL recovering player. They know what it means to rehab. Point to the future when all your players recover and it is like a free draft.
The Khan Years

They’re interviewing Rich Bisaccia? Seriously?

(01-31-2022, 04:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They’re interviewing Rich Bisaccia? Seriously?

Yep! You’re not excited about that?

(01-31-2022, 04:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They’re interviewing Rich Bisaccia? Seriously?

Mike Nolan wasn't available I guess.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Just keep waiting guys, we've been promised that taking our time and being thorough is going to lead to the right outcome.

So now Caldwell is back in play but he also wants Baalke out?

This stuff is ridiculous.

Others can paste the tweets before I get to my laptop if they'd like, but Caldwell thinks he still has a shot at our HC job but Mia said he is also not accepting if Baalke is still around. In which case why wouldn't get hire Byron? I don't get this latest tidbit.

Hays on 1010 saying it’s basically down to Baalke and Bevell or Byron and Wilson.

Don’t think I am being dramatic when I say the future of this franchise will be doomed if it’s the former

(01-31-2022, 04:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Hays on 1010 saying it’s basically down to Baalke and Bevell or Byron and Wilson.

Don’t think I am being dramatic when I say the future of this franchise will be doomed if it’s the former

This is literally the classic devil and angel on either one of Shad's shoulders situation.

I just can't fathom how Shad knows he has a gift wrapped scenario where he gets to be the hero and almost the entirety of the league, media, and fans will be giving him copious amounts of praise, but he would rather go down the detested, worst owner in the league path. And I have zero doubt that by this point he knows those are how the two paths will lead.

(01-31-2022, 04:48 PM)Upper Wrote: Others can paste the tweets before I get to my laptop if they'd like, but Caldwell thinks he still has a shot at our HC job but Mia said he is also not accepting if Baalke is still around. In which case why wouldn't get hire Byron? I don't get this latest tidbit.
https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...87010?s=21

Got you.

(01-31-2022, 04:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Hays on 1010 saying it’s basically down to Baalke and Bevell or Byron and Wilson.

I don't know if we can get Bevell at this point. They will fake it waiting on the Super Bowl to end. No need to rush. Baalkr is available to coach aa well.
The Khan Years

(01-31-2022, 04:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 04:48 PM)Upper Wrote: Others can paste the tweets before I get to my laptop if they'd like, but Caldwell thinks he still has a shot at our HC job but Mia said he is also not accepting if Baalke is still around. In which case why wouldn't get hire Byron? I don't get this latest tidbit.
https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...87010?s=21

Got you.

We just can’t have simple things around here can’t we.

The one game against the colts was too good. Its thrown a twist into this. Haha

I cant believe that.

https://twitter.com/jaxonfil/status/1488...53682?s=21

This guy is quoting what Frangie said.