Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(02-09-2022, 10:30 PM)captivating Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 10:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: So, per CDC data..Covid deaths in California are at their 2nd highest rate since the pandemic began, transmission is rated high, and yet they are removing mask mandates.  Other Dem states are following suit. This sounds like its more about the elections this year, and nothing about the 'science'.  And where is the outrage from the WH/POTUS about this?  Florida certainly got its share when it decided on no mask mandates at the beginning of all this, and is now at an all time low for deaths.

As Thomas Dolby famously exclaimed - 'She blinded me with science.  SCIENCE!'

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker...-type=Risk

it's poetry in motion

and now she's making love to me
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-09-2022, 10:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: So, per CDC data..Covid deaths in California are at their 2nd highest rate since the pandemic began, transmission is rated high, and yet they are removing mask mandates.  Other Dem states are following suit. This sounds like its more about the elections this year, and nothing about the 'science'.  And where is the outrage from the WH/POTUS about this?  Florida certainly got its share when it decided on no mask mandates at the beginning of all this, and is now at an all time low for deaths.

There's a bunch of people here who should be up in arms about this, but they don't care.

(02-09-2022, 10:41 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

There's a bunch of people here who should be up in arms about this, but they don't care.

State officials said "Education, public health and community leaders to update masking requirements at schools to adapt to changing conditions and ensure the safety of kids, teachers and staff."

So now we want to be critical of officials adapting to changing conditions now that we know much more about this variant?  Isn't this exactly what we want people to do?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

It's shocking that the science hasn't changed and yet all the blue states in unison remove their mandates. There must have been some meeting recently as the world all removes everything. Nothing has changed in their narrative or the actual data other than proof the vaccine doesn't work at best and at worst is killing people. NY is currently in court fighting to keep the mandate and they do this?

More and more talk about AIDS becoming an issue, although have seen much data yet to point to it being true.

My CEO actually said they will be looking to remove all mandates and leave office rules up to individual regions. They never fired or put anyone on unpaid leave. I still expect they were going to lose way too many people and we can't hire enough people right now.

I really hope people aren't this stupid to believe this isn't about trying to get votes. It's the same timing for when covid hit to try and stop Trump.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 11:53 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-09-2022, 10:55 PM)captivating Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 10:41 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There's a bunch of people here who should be up in arms about this, but they don't care.

State officials said "Education, public health and community leaders to update masking requirements at schools to adapt to changing conditions and ensure the safety of kids, teachers and staff."

So now we want to be critical of officials adapting to changing conditions now that we know much more about this variant?  Isn't this exactly what we want people to do?

of course we do. But did you read the 1st sentence of my original post and look at the CDC link for California? What they have decided flies in the face of CDC data on Covid deaths and transmittability.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-09-2022, 10:41 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There's a bunch of people here who should be up in arms about this, but they don't care.

There's 100 pages of me complaining that our Covid policy is being driven by political and financial profit. There is no changing science. You're just gullible.

[Image: theorist.jpg]
[Image: review.jpg]

Jen Psaki said in a WH briefing that the WH was not in agreement with the governors and they still strongly suggest that people wear masks. That was the extent of it. No outrage, faux or otherwise.

If the science and all it encompasses hasn't changed (according to the CDC) the sudden about face in blue states in the run up to the November elections is not a coincidence. 

Red states have been saying what you quoted above for awhile now and got strafed for it by the WH and the left. DeSantis was burned at the stake on the daily.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 03:24 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-10-2022, 02:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Jen Psaki said in a WH briefing that the WH was not in agreement with the governors and they still strongly suggest that people wear masks. That was the extent of it. No outrage, faux or otherwise.

I watched that press conference, and the disagreement with the governors was tepid at best. almost non-existent. Nothing like the outrage they directed at states that havent followed their narrative up to this point.

This is why I refuse to get "The Jab"

[Image: EXP.jpg]

(02-10-2022, 11:59 PM)The Drifter Wrote: This is why I refuse to get "The Jab"

[Image: EXP.jpg]

Because you believe the sing song of a magical nanny?

[Image: funny-anti-vaxx-memes-7-5c6fd0b7ebc7b__700.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Doctors, who speak as a monolith. Not one dissenter. Not a body of evidence that suggests an alternative hypothesis. Not a growing cacophony of poorly constructed studies that have been manipulated to enforce bad policy, slowly being overturned, then overlooked by the masses who "trust the science." Ok. Nice meme.

My dad has a long lasting covid symptom , in the form of a cough

Its getting better, but he just has a short coughing fit, every so often.

Non threatening tho, jst annoyin

(02-11-2022, 08:08 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Doctors, who speak as a monolith. Not one dissenter. Not a body of evidence that suggests an alternative hypothesis. Not a growing cacophony of poorly constructed studies that have been manipulated to enforce bad policy, slowly being overturned, then overlooked by the masses who "trust the science." Ok. Nice meme.

Thanks, I felt it appropriate to offer a broad brush response to Drifters continuing broad brush meme-ing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Fair enough: a race to the bottom. If that's the look you're going for, who am I to judge?

(02-11-2022, 10:31 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Fair enough: a race to the bottom. If that's the look you're going for, who am I to judge?

Nah, just trying to offer some perspective on the polarity of the discussion.

Boycott memes.

I like memes as long as they aren't used as arguments.

Family to File Lawsuit After Tragedy Strikes Heartland American Minutes After Receiving COVID Jab

The family of a Kansas woman who died following her coronavirus vaccination in March is planning to file a lawsuit in connection with her death.

https://www.westernjournal.com/family-fi...5RJUUlNLmM