Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(02-11-2022, 03:34 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Family to File Lawsuit After Tragedy Strikes Heartland American Minutes After Receiving COVID Jab

The family of a Kansas woman who died following her coronavirus vaccination in March is planning to file a lawsuit in connection with her death.

https://www.westernjournal.com/family-fi...5RJUUlNLmM

Suing over a known and accepted risk. The lawyer will hold up the consent form with her signature on it and the case goes out the window. The first lawyer knew that and walked away, too bad these family members trying to profit on her unfortunate demise don't do the same.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 10:29 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-12-2022, 09:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 03:34 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Family to File Lawsuit After Tragedy Strikes Heartland American Minutes After Receiving COVID Jab

The family of a Kansas woman who died following her coronavirus vaccination in March is planning to file a lawsuit in connection with her death.

https://www.westernjournal.com/family-fi...5RJUUlNLmM

Suing over a known and accepted risk. The lawyer will hold up the consent form with her signature on it and the case goes out the window. The first lawyer knew that and walked away, too bad these family members trying to profit on her unfortunate demise don't do the same.

Sadly, I'd have to agree. If this were a mandated vaccine, then maybe things are different, but it doesnt mention that this is the case.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 04:40 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hilarious. Same people will say that the vaccine is safe and effective, while pointing to the opposite as an example of why people should be vaccinated.

Look, I'm not so daft as to think there aren't going to be side effects, but this is EXACTLY why the government needs to get out of this decision. There are people harassed and othered over this process, and it's ridiculous... especially because the ones doing the harassing generally believe this kind of thing doesn't happen. This lady was the perfect demographic to get the shot, so no bones to pick there, but this has happened way more than gets reported, I can guarantee that. People who are at low risk for getting Covid (especially kids) probably shouldn't even be getting this shot.

Spain: come for the culture, stay for the COVID.

*sigh*  Sad

(02-14-2022, 03:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Spain: come for the culture, stay for the COVID.

*sigh*  Sad

Explain!  Are you stuck there?

(02-14-2022, 07:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 03:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Spain: come for the culture, stay for the COVID.

*sigh*  Sad

Explain!  Are you stuck there?

Not stuck, but everything is on hiatus for a week. This could possibly extend my stay for a week, as well.

One guy in our group did get stuck. Instead of flying home Saturday, he’s in quarantine.

(02-14-2022, 08:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 07:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Explain!  Are you stuck there?

Not stuck, but everything is on hiatus for a week. This could possibly extend my stay for a week, as well.

One guy in our group did get stuck. Instead of flying home Saturday, he’s in quarantine.

If you were to write a trip report, I would be very interested in reading it.

*sigh*  Sad

At least the food is good, right?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-14-2022, 12:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

*sigh*  Sad

But they eat with their forks upside down!

(02-14-2022, 12:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

*sigh*  Sad

If I can get it. Most of the restaurants, or at least their kitchens, are closed between 4:00 and 8:00. By the time we get back to the hotel after work, only a few places are serving. At that point of the day the only meal I've eaten is breakfast with a snack at lunch. I'm not waiting until 8:00 to eat dinner. If you want to nosh on tapas and get snockered, there's plenty of that around. 

The Spanish have weird mealtimes.

(02-14-2022, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 12:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: At least the food is good, right?

If I can get it. Most of the restaurants, or at least their kitchens, are closed between 4:00 and 8:00. By the time we get back to the hotel after work, only a few places are serving. At that point of the day the only meal I've eaten is breakfast with a snack at lunch. I'm not waiting until 8:00 to eat dinner. If you want to nosh on tapas and get snockered, there's plenty of that around. 

The Spanish have weird mealtimes.

It’s taken me a while to get used to eating dinner before 8 after eating late for years.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-14-2022, 08:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 07:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Explain!  Are you stuck there?

Looking forward to visiting Spain, especially Sevilla and Toledo.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I hated Spain. Bunch of stuck up snobs.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 07:18 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-14-2022, 06:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 08:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not stuck, but everything is on hiatus for a week. This could possibly extend my stay for a week, as well.

I visited Toledo last weekend. The cathedral is stunning. Lots of shops selling swords, knives and cutlery. A really cool ancient place. You can see by the surrounding river and hills why why it was such a fortress.

(02-14-2022, 06:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I hated Spain. Bunch of stuck up snobs.

It’s the upside down forks, I tell ya!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 07:29 PM by Jags.)

Did you explain that you were American and therefore better than them? Wait… when did you go?

(02-14-2022, 06:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 08:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not stuck, but everything is on hiatus for a week. This could possibly extend my stay for a week, as well.

There’s a Toledo in OH and a Sevilla neighborhood in the WGV area.  Boom. Money saved on travel and Rosetta Stone lessons.  You may not have as much of a good time.  

I think I’ll start a travel agency.  This is easy.

After 5 days of quarantine, I tested negative with a Rapid Antigen Test. Now the hotel clerk says the rules in Spain state I must still finish my 7-day quarantine since the test was antigen and not PCR. I can find nothing online that either supports or refutes that. I'm a little miffed that I have to sit in this room another two days even though I have no symptoms and test negative.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 11:25 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-18-2022, 10:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: After 5 days of quarantine, I tested negative with a Rapid Antigen Test. Now the hotel clerk says the rules in Spain state I must still finish my 7-day quarantine since the test was antigen and not PCR. I can find nothing online that either supports or refutes that. I'm a little miffed that I have to sit in this room another two days even though I have no symptoms and test negative.

I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable scientific explanation. After all, the info came from a highly qualified hotel clerk. SCIENCE!

Or it could be a ploy to get you to eat more of the hotel food.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 11:30 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-14-2022, 07:27 PM)Jags Wrote:

Did you explain that you were American and therefore better than them? Wait… when did you go?

(02-14-2022, 06:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Looking forward to visiting Spain, especially Sevilla and Toledo.
There’s a Toledo in OH and a Sevilla neighborhood in the WGV area.  Boom. Money saved on travel and Rosetta Stone lessons.  You may not have as much of a good time.  

I think I’ll start a travel agency.  This is easy.

I will be in touch when it's time to book the trip. Maybe not as good a time, but I may run into Jamie Farr and I can get a round or two of golf in.

(02-14-2022, 07:27 PM)Jags Wrote:

I can't remember. Maybe 2006? I have traveled all over the world. Spain was the only group of people I didn't like. I hear that people are more stuck up in Barcelona than in other parts of Spain, but I didn't get to travel outside of Barcelona. The women were surprisingly average, and the dudes were undeservedly arrogant.

[Image: fauci.jpg]

Well, I think this is real close to the truth....... IMHO, he's a quack that's only guessing about things.........
[Image: review.jpg]