Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(01-27-2022, 01:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Listen to what Chris Simms has to say on Lawrence. 

3:30 into this video

Chris simms.has THE BEST track record for takes

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2022, 01:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Listen to what Chris Simms has to say on Lawrence. 

You're not my supervisor, and the Geneva convention prohibited that kind of abuse.

Simms is just mad that as bad as lawrence was his man crush Wilson was even worse.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Real recognizes real
https://twitter.com/TylerDevitte/status/...9043144704

(02-01-2022, 11:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Real recognizes real

His evaluation doesn’t count; it’s not up to JaguarMVP’s high standards

(02-02-2022, 01:05 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Real recognizes real

His evaluation doesn’t count; it’s not up to JaguarMVP’s high standards
Exactly. Brady is just a nut hugger who mvp would block if he were on this board lol

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 05:56 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-02-2022, 02:18 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 01:05 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: His evaluation doesn’t count; it’s not up to JaguarMVP’s high standards
Exactly. Brady is just a nut hugger who mvp would block if he were on this board lol

One could say, Brady is nothing more than a blind fanboy

(02-02-2022, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 02:18 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote: Exactly. Brady is just a nut hugger who mvp would block if he were on this board lol

One could say, Brady is nothing more than a blind fanboy

Tom Brady being such a Trevor Lawrence nut hugger is my favorite plot twist in this amazingly terrible thread.

Looking back I must say Lawrence was judged a bit too harshly by me and many others. It was not Because he didn't deserve the criticism, it was the fact that we bought the hype. He was billed as the next Andrew luck but I think we need to pump the breaks on that a bit. Lawrence has the tangibles to be a star, this remains to be seen.

He was also in a crazy Unique situation with Urban Meyer. Unreal that Khan was so out of touch letting a guy like urban run the team. The receivers also did him no favors at times. One must admit that the receives also saved Lawrence many of times Becarse Lawrence threw it behind or off the spot of receivers as well.

There are holes in Lawrence's game you can't blame on coaching.  He missed way too many easy throws while until week 18 he had 0 soft touch of the football. Almost every throw was a rocket. Short and medium game accuracy needs to be much more consistent. Ball placement also needs major work.  

My quick Lawrence report card and feel free to add your own.

+ traits you can't coach : tall, athletic, tough, strong arm
+ courageous: he is not afraid to push the ball down field 
+leader : he seems like a natural leader
+smart : He Learned to cut down on the ints as the season progress while showing great communication in press conferences 
-Much too inconsistent in short and medium throws 
-tries to do too much and at times gets him in trouble 
-needs to learn to take some heat off of the football to help his receivers at times. 

Taking into account the whole craziness of last year, my grade :  incomplete 

Last year was such a mess it's hard to hold any players accountable. Clean slate this season.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Don't feed the troll.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

He didn't play all 4 years in college. It's going to take time before he matures as an NFL QB. I'm willing to be patient.

He flat out didn’t have any WRs that could make plays. Marvin Jones….really?

(04-19-2022, 12:29 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He flat out didn’t have any WRs that could make plays. Marvin Jones….really?

Yeah, what was Marvin's YAC?  1 yard?  Maybe 2 if he fell forward most of the time?  I can't remember seeing the dude run for anything after the catch all year.  He was better at high-pointing the ball than I expected though.  A few more 50-50 balls could have been thrown his way.

(04-19-2022, 09:26 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 12:29 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He flat out didn’t have any WRs that could make plays. Marvin Jones….really?

Yeah, what was Marvin's YAC?  1 yard?  Maybe 2 if he fell forward most of the time?  I can't remember seeing the dude run for anything after the catch all year.  He was better at high-pointing the ball than I expected though.  A few more 50-50 balls could have been thrown his way.

1.8 YAC per reception actually 

He's a 30 y.o. receiver. (31 now) 
Separation and YAC are understandably no longer dynamic aspects of his skillset in his 10th NFL season. 
A few folks around here like to bash the guy as useless, but I don't get it. 

73 catches (2 drops) 832 yds, 4 TDs is a respectable number for an aging guy in a dysfunctional offense. 

If they'd had a healthy Chark and a competent HC/OC combo game-planning - Jones would have been a more than satisfactory contributor to the receiving corps last year. 

I have no idea how he'll fit into Pederson's plan and how the roster will shake out  - but he's still a capable reserve player at the very least. Probably a good guy to have in camp for the incoming rookies at WR as well.

(04-19-2022, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 09:26 AM)scottyg Wrote: Yeah, what was Marvin's YAC?  1 yard?  Maybe 2 if he fell forward most of the time?  I can't remember seeing the dude run for anything after the catch all year.  He was better at high-pointing the ball than I expected though.  A few more 50-50 balls could have been thrown his way.

1.8 YAC per reception actually 

Separation and YAC are understandably no longer dynamic aspects of his skillset in his 10th NFL season. 

73 catches (2 drops) 832 yds, 4 TDs is a respectable number for an aging guy in a dysfunctional offense. 

If they'd had a healthy Chark and a competent HC/OC combo game-planning - Jones would have been a more than satisfactory contributor to the receiving corps last year. 

I have no idea how he'll fit into Pederson's plan and how the roster will shake out  - but he's still a capable reserve player at the very least. Probably a good guy to have in camp for the incoming rookies at WR as well.

Acting like we can find Terrell Owens in his prime..

Those kinds of WRs are rare. No matter what that idiot Vic Ketchman kept saying.

(04-19-2022, 10:07 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 1.8 YAC per reception actually 

Acting like we can find Terrell Owens in his prime..

Those kinds of WRs are rare. No matter what that idiot Vic Ketchman kept saying.

Vic was actually right on that one. WR's aren't worth top 10 picks nearly as often as the big guys, and you can draft stud WR's relatively easier in lower rounds and find a hit more often then getting a stud tackle or DE in later rounds.

https://twitter.com/brickwallblitz/statu...6aw4IiL1_w

In for a big year boys.

(05-03-2022, 06:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/brickwallblitz/statu...6aw4IiL1_w

In for a big year boys.

[Image: giphy.gif]

You know what else is going to be great? Not giving first team reps to a backup like Minshew. Lawrence getting every single first team rep is going to be so sweet.