Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Muma LB Wyoming Pick 70

(04-30-2022, 10:42 AM)Upper Wrote: Excellent value, questionable need/fit. Getting him at 70 is exactly why I said over and over and over that I liked the LBs we were rumored with at 33 but I wanted to wait until round 3. This LB class was just so darn good and deep with LB.

I think we are going to rergret the Lloyd trade and wish we had gone with a WR at 33 and having a pick at 106. Muma with Skyy or Pickens and Zach Tom or Chris Paul would make us a better team than Muma with Lloyd.

Hell no, Lloyd is the best LB in this draft.  Im gonna go out on a limb and say he makes the Pro Bowl his rookie year.  He is also the leader this team has needed since Poz left.  Lloyd will be a huge difference maker for this team.  The trade up was for Lloyd was the best draft trade this team has made in recent memory imo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2022, 10:57 AM by Upper.)

Lol, I knew someone was going to nitpick the word regret specifically and completely eschew the obvious point I was making...and I absolutely would have guess it would be flgators. I could have used a different word than regret because he is a very good player and we aren't going to regret having him.

But as with any pick, there is the opportunity cost of what you could have done instead. Having Muma who is also a very good player at LB and then using picks 33 and 106 on two also very good players at positions of need would make us a better team. The Jags would be a better team with Muma, Skyy, and Zach Tom than they will be with Lloyd and Muma.

(04-30-2022, 10:57 AM)Upper Wrote: Lol, I knew someone was going to nitpick the word regret specifically and completely eschew the obvious point I was making...and I absolutely would have guess it would be flgators. I could have used a different word than regret because he is a very good player and we aren't going to regret having him.

But as with any pick, there is the opportunity cost of what you could have done instead. Having Muma who is also a very good player at LB and then using picks 33 and 106 on two also very good players at positions of need would make us a better team. The Jags would be a better team with Muma, Skyy, and Zach Tom than they will be with Lloyd and Muma.

I disagree, give me Lloyd over Skyy and Tom.  Have to see how it plays out i guess

If we didn't get Muma I think there would be an argument for it. Having one very good LB, WR, and OL > two very good LB.

(04-30-2022, 11:06 AM)Upper Wrote: If we didn't get Muma I think there would be an argument for it. Having one very good LB, WR, and OL > two very good LB.

Its hindsight 20/20.  Muma could of went late 2nd if we didnt trade up for Lloyd.  You dont know what players will be drafted before your next pick

(04-30-2022, 11:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 11:06 AM)Upper Wrote: If we didn't get Muma I think there would be an argument for it. Having one very good LB, WR, and OL > two very good LB.

Its hindsight 20/20.  Muma could of went late 2nd if we didnt trade up for Lloyd.  You dont know what players will be drafted before your next pick

It might not have been Muma, but as I said 100x this LB class is so good and so deep it would have been someone. There was no chance that all of the good LB were going to be gone by 65 or 70. Hell, there are still two of that tier available right now.

(04-30-2022, 11:13 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 11:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its hindsight 20/20.  Muma could of went late 2nd if we didnt trade up for Lloyd.  You dont know what players will be drafted before your next pick

It might not have been Muma, but as I said 100x this LB class is so good and so deep it would have been someone. There was no chance that all of the good LB were going to be gone by 65 or 70. Hell, there are still two of that tier available right now.

Your LB rankings might be much different than real teams, im sure they dont have them all lumped together with the same grade like you do.  Glad we moved up for for the best LB in Lloyd instead of drafting Skyy at 33 and just drafing whatever LB falls to 65 or 70.  I like Skyy Moore but he wasnt the top guy available at 33 imo and he went at 54.

Excellent draft pick.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Caldwell is saying that Muma will play the $LB spot in this defense. "money-backer," or "dollar-backer" depending on who you ask.

It is a LB/SS hybrid spot that Bowles ran with Deone Bucannon in Arizona.
It will be part of a package obviously, so Muma will not technically be a starter but should see significant snaps.

The position was created by Bowles and inspired by the Saftey play of Kam Chancellor and Troy Polomalu.

(05-06-2022, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Caldwell is saying that Muma will play the $LB spot in this defense.  "money-backer," or "dollar-backer" depending on who you ask.

It is a LB/SS hybrid spot that Bowles ran with Deone Bucannon in Arizona.
It will be part of a package obviously, so Muma will not technically be a starter but should see significant snaps.

The position was created by Bowles and inspired by the Saftey play of Cam Chancellor and Troy Polomalu.

Nice. I was wondering what they were going to do with that hybrid role. I was looking closely at Sterling Weatherford out of Miami, OH for that role in particular on this defense during mock up's and throughout the draft weekend. 

Interesting that Muma will fill that in for the defense. He's got the mold and speed for it for sure. 

Weatherford ended up being undrafted but he landed with the clots a week ago. Will be interesting to see if he pans out for them. 

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2022/4/30/230...olis-colts
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Now the question is if he’s ready and willing to tackle Derrick Henry in open field with a full head of steam.

(05-06-2022, 01:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now the question is if he’s ready and willing to tackle Derrick Henry in open field with a full head of steam.

I’m sooo sick of Henry running wild against us. We got some fire power on defense now.

I think the whole front office was tired of it. The signings and draft selections on defense are pretty clear they wanted to get better against the ground game in this division.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-06-2022, 06:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think the whole front office was tired of it. The signings and draft selections on defense are pretty clear they wanted to get better against the ground game in this division.

Our team is built for this division

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 08:09 PM by Jags@dajugular. Edited 6 times in total.)

I'm sick of hearing these people saying what about the offense like we didn't spend an arm leg and spinal column on the offense. You draft pass-catchers reaching for need or having to trade away the whole draft to get them. There are only so many ball-catching opportunities. One thing most are missing the Chiefs wanted Laviska and management didn't bite so he's in their plans. You sign Engram, Jones, Kirk, and you still have Jones jr., Laviska, Treadwell , and Arnold. You have Little, Bartch, Scherrif, Cam, Shatley, Fortner, Richardson, and Taylor has no excuse this is his lifeline to finally do something or get gone. We are getting back Etienne and Robinson and drafted Conner. You got rid of the Kung fu Panda and the turnstile Cann. You picked up UDFA Kevin Austin and TE Gerrit Prince who seem to have speed. With the Jaguar's Record with undrafted free agents I would not sleep on any they signed we good. You might want to complain about drop balls and all this but Meyer ran an outhouse for a team. Where the wr coach was trash when the former wr wasn't it McCardell had these boys excelling trying to get somewhere. For the lot that talks about coaches don't catch. They don't but they are supposed to teach fundamentals to get you in a position to catch. If you got wr's running bad routes and not coming back for balls to help the QB when they were doing it the year before that's all coaching. It is a night and day scenario with our current coaches compared to the previous. Hell, you drafted premium players and had them riding the bench SMDH ain't see no DAMN playing time till jackass was fired. The only thing good about last year it taught Trevor and the whole team how to shake off adversity and send home a supposed playoff team.

^ what he said

(05-06-2022, 06:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think the whole front office was tired of it. The signings and draft selections on defense are pretty clear they wanted to get better against the ground game in this division.

Yep

NT, LB, LB, LB , #1 pick DL 

I mean, c'mon! 
They fer real

Hmm, I can't recall turning a true LB into a moneybacker. Every time I can think of a moneybacker it's been a safety transitioning down, because pass coverage is really damn hard.

It’s a hybrid money backer from the way I read it.

(05-07-2022, 10:16 AM)Upper Wrote: Hmm, I can't recall turning a true LB into a moneybacker. Every time I can think of a moneybacker it's been a safety transitioning down, because pass coverage is really damn hard.
(05-07-2022, 10:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s a hybrid money backer from the way I read it.
It's a little different I think. With Muma in this role they may be treating it like a read/react switch with him and Cisco. Remember. He can wear the green dot. This could be a classic case of Caldwell speaking to him directly and communicating with Cisco on the backend.

If Muma feels RB coming out of the backfield more than TE over the seam? That's a simple look back and nod at Cisco.

He comes up to cover RB. Cisco knows to prepare for the TE. And they can flip flop it. This team historically has been plagued by horrible coverage against TE's and blown gap assignments against RB's.

This kid is here to fix that in those [BLEEP] 3rd and 4 or 5 situations where it could be run or pass. Again, something this team historically fails against in the TE/RB scenairos mentioned above.

Instead of getting gashed over the middle? Somebody's getting smashed. Whether TE or RB. I bet there's at least 3 - 4 "pop flys" over the middle this year for INT's when Cisco hits somebody clean or Muma tips it first.