Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 10:05 AM by p_rushing.)

(09-27-2022, 09:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Prediction: the national MSM is going to nitpick Florida’s hurricane preparedness and response in order to lay any blame possible at the feet of DeSantis.
Biden hasn't said anything or offered any help unless I missed it. That is definitely the plan.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2022, 09:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Prediction: the national MSM is going to nitpick Florida’s hurricane preparedness and response in order to lay any blame possible at the feet of DeSantis.

Absolutely correct. There will be no crying about FEMA and the Federal Government failures if there are any issues with this storm. It'll all be shifted to the State of Florida. The good thing is that DeSantis and Rick Scott have been down this road before and have handled their business. Personally speaking, politicizing a natural disaster is about as low as you can go in politics.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Maybe.  At least we know DeSantis won't add personal sharpie markings to the storm prediction maps.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-27-2022, 11:42 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Maybe.  At least we know DeSantis won't add personal sharpie markings to the storm prediction maps.

Attaboy, Mikey.

(09-27-2022, 10:04 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
Biden hasn't said anything or offered any help unless I missed it. That is definitely the plan.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

He called every major cities mayors, but not the Governor.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

What an eye roll moment.

https://youtube.com/shorts/PYC8R4ebR6c?feature=share

(09-28-2022, 08:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What an eye roll moment.

https://youtube.com/shorts/PYC8R4ebR6c?feature=share

"I can't even read the joke right but you guys are the dull ones."

He's such a jack [BLEEP].
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

WH plays damage control yet again after Biden search for deceased Rep. Walorski adds to list of walk-backs | Fox News

The White House was again put on the defensive by President Biden on Wednesday after the president's search for deceased Rep. Jackie Walorski, R-Ind., – whose death he had previously mourned – baffled viewers and reporters alike...

..."I want to thank all of you here, including bipartisan elected officials like … Senator Braun, Senator Booker, Representative … Jackie, Jackie are you here?" Biden said, searching for the late congresswoman. "I think she was going to be here to help make this a reality."...

(09-29-2022, 10:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: WH plays damage control yet again after Biden search for deceased Rep. Walorski adds to list of walk-backs | Fox News

The White House was again put on the defensive by President Biden on Wednesday after the president's search for deceased Rep. Jackie Walorski, R-Ind., – whose death he had previously mourned – baffled viewers and reporters alike...

..."I want to thank all of you here, including bipartisan elected officials like … Senator Braun, Senator Booker, Representative … Jackie, Jackie are you here?" Biden said, searching for the late congresswoman. "I think she was going to be here to help make this a reality."...

The WH Press Secretary's answers to the question after were painful to watch.  Woof, what a mess.

(09-29-2022, 11:12 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 10:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: WH plays damage control yet again after Biden search for deceased Rep. Walorski adds to list of walk-backs | Fox News

The WH Press Secretary's answers to the question after were painful to watch.  Woof, what a mess.

Jean-Pierre is a race baiting one trick pony, but even I feel sorry for her having to clean up after Mr. Poopypants.

(09-29-2022, 11:12 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:

Yeah I don't understand why she didn't just say, "The President had a memory lapse.  He's sorry for forgetting and he apologizes if this caused any pain to her family. "

But no one gives an inch in this game anymore.

(09-29-2022, 12:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 11:12 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: The WH Press Secretary's answers to the question after were painful to watch.  Woof, what a mess.

Yeah I don't understand why she didn't just say, "The President had a memory lapse.  He's sorry for forgetting and he apologizes if this caused any pain to her family. "

That inch of Presidential "memory lapse" is indicative of miles of cognitive deterioration. If they admit to the little there's nothing to prevent them from having to admit it all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-29-2022, 12:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 12:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yeah I don't understand why she didn't just say, "The President had a memory lapse.  He's sorry for forgetting and he apologizes if this caused any pain to her family. "

That inch of Presidential "memory lapse" is indicative of miles of cognitive deterioration. If they admit to the little there's nothing to prevent them from having to admit it all.

For the love of all that is holy, keep him propped up. President Kamala Harris has a terrifying ring to it.

(09-29-2022, 12:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 12:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That inch of Presidential "memory lapse" is indicative of miles of cognitive deterioration. If they admit to the little there's nothing to prevent them from having to admit it all.

For the love of all that is holy, keep him propped up. President Kamala Harris has a terrifying ring to it.

She thinks we have a strategic alliance with the Republic of North Korea...I think poopy pants is rubbing off on her.

(09-29-2022, 12:58 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 12:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: For the love of all that is holy, keep him propped up. President Kamala Harris has a terrifying ring to it.

She thinks we have a strategic alliance with the Republic of North Korea...I think poopy pants is rubbing off on her.

The fact she said that and didn't immediately correct herself is indicative of clear ignorance about the Korean peninsula. 
I'm reminded of when I called my bank to let them know I would be using my personal credit cards while on a work trip to Korea. The girl asked me what part of Korea and I told her around the Seoul area. She pauses and asks, "North or South Korea?" Maybe I had Kamala on the line.

(09-29-2022, 01:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 12:58 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: She thinks we have a strategic alliance with the Republic of North Korea...I think poopy pants is rubbing off on her.

The fact she said that and didn't immediately correct herself is indicative of clear ignorance about the Korean peninsula. 
I'm reminded of when I called my bank to let them know I would be using my personal credit cards while on a work trip to Korea. The girl asked me what part of Korea and I told her around the Seoul area. She pauses and asks, "North or South Korea?" Maybe I had Kamala on the line.

LOL, my Dad got sent to the DMZ after his divorce with my mom. He took some wild photos
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

The good ol' "Democracy dies in darkness" folks are flailing away at damage control for the democrats. 

7 ways a recession could be good for you financially (msn.com)

“95% of my social world defines as Democrat.

Family, friends, colleagues, people I meet socially - virtually all Dems.

Recently I've been wondering - if I believe partisanship is one of our biggest issues, would it be "righteous" to switch sides to play devil's advocate?”

More -

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/15751...84864.html

(09-29-2022, 09:29 PM)Ronster Wrote: “95% of my social world defines as Democrat.

Family, friends, colleagues, people I meet socially - virtually all Dems.

Recently I've been wondering - if I believe partisanship is one of our biggest issues, would it be "righteous" to switch sides to play devil's advocate?”

More -

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/15751...84864.html

This forum has above all shown that, no, in an environment with very homogenous political opinion, it is not at all seen as righteous to switch sides and play devil's advocate.

Mike, did you read the article?