Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

There's not really a thread to discuss random stuff that has nothing to do with anything other than being political enough in nature that it doesn't belong in Fargin's Flyby. The subject doesn't necessarily warrant its own thread but there's nowhere else to put it that makes sense.

I'll start by saying this cancel culture is going to be disappointed when they realize Eminem can't be cancelled, or it'll be next to impossible to do. People, groups, entertainers, the media all have tried since he debuted back in the day with little to no effect. I don't know how the guy weathers it all but he manages to stick around. 

I personally don't like most of his music because its just not my genre but I do chuckle when I hear the song, Without Me, and another one the name of which I can't think of right now. Without Me was the song that pretty much told us why he stayed relevant back in the day and is probably still true. He's definitely not PC and his music does touch on a lot of interesting subjects that most want to avoid and can grate the nerves of progressives like nothing outside of Trump. 

Anyway, just wanted to put this new thread out there as a dumpster to unload the crazy that is our society these day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love this thread idea! +1 for you!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I miss our national ability to use compromise to reach agreement. Used to be a strength but somewhere along the line, we lost it. Some of you may be too young to remember those days.

Nowadays we just yell at each other.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

That press conference was very odd.  He had his notebook and list of reporters to call on in front of him.  When asked about gun control policy he went on a long babble about infrastructure and jobs.  It's almost like he didn't really pay attention to the question and was reading/reciting a pre-programmed answer.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

In my opinion, these white BLM protesters and liberals are the main cause of society's downfall.. By trying to be "a white savior", they're basically telling blacks that they don't have the IQ to think for themselves, therfore, need to be told when they're being oppressed.. I know identity politics is the main platform to damn near every democratic talking point, but there needs to be a line drawn in the sand..

I understand that there's racism in this country, but I also understand that it will never completely go away. When our nation consists of so many different cultures and backgrounds, racism will always be around. Anyone can be a racist, black, white, yellow and brown.. But so what? I'm not going to let their hate dictate my life.

We've also have become so thin skinned as a people that most are truly afraid to speak their minds for the fear of upsetting someone.. There's lots of blame to go around..

Do all lives really matter? In my opinion, nope.. When we've gotten away from judging someone by the character in their heart and instead by their skin color, we began to crumble as a generation..

Black lives don't matter..
White lives don't matter..
Brown lives don't matter..
Yellow lives don't matter..

Charater matters..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-25-2021, 04:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That press conference was very odd.  He had his notebook and list of reporters to call on in front of him.  When asked about gun control policy he went on a long babble about infrastructure and jobs.  It's almost like he didn't really pay attention to the question and was reading/reciting a pre-programmed answer.

Do you think when these people went to journalism school, they ever thought that someday in the future they would be forced to ask pre-defined questions of the POTUS? You have to wonder where their integrity is and if they ever had any in the first place.

(03-25-2021, 03:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I love this thread idea! +1 for you!!

Thank you. I've thought about it for some time but never got around to starting it and no one else did either so here we are.  Banana

(03-25-2021, 04:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: In my opinion, these white BLM protesters and liberals are the main cause of society's downfall.. By trying to be "a white savior", they're basically telling blacks that they don't have the IQ to think for themselves, therfore, need to be told when they're being oppressed.. I know identity politics is the main platform to damn near every democratic talking point, but there needs to be a line drawn in the sand..

I understand that there's racism in this country, but I also understand that it will never completely go away. When our nation consists of so many different cultures and backgrounds, racism will always be around. Anyone can be a racist, black, white, yellow and brown.. But so what? I'm not going to let their hate dictate my life.

We've also have become so thin skinned as a people that most are truly afraid to speak their minds for the fear of upsetting someone.. There's lots of blame to go around..

Do all lives really matter? In my opinion, nope.. When we've gotten away from judging someone by the character in their heart and instead by their skin color, we began to crumble as a generation..

Charater matters..

The first bolded part is a really bad take.
A white person marching with BLM is essentially saying, "I understand you're a minority. Numerically, you need my support to influence government and society, to win an election." Now yes, white people can go too far and take over a conversation about dealing with oppression they've never personally experienced, and yes that is insulting. But simply joining a march or changing your vote is not.

The second bolded part is simply a function of massive video recording and viral/social sharing.  You still have no problem expressing your opinion here, where the names are fake and there's no cameras, and I don't either.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-25-2021, 04:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 04:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That press conference was very odd.  He had his notebook and list of reporters to call on in front of him.  When asked about gun control policy he went on a long babble about infrastructure and jobs.  It's almost like he didn't really pay attention to the question and was reading/reciting a pre-programmed answer.

Do you think when these people went to journalism school, they ever thought that someday in the future they would be forced to ask pre-defined questions of the POTUS? You have to wonder where their integrity is and if they ever had any in the first place.

I don't know if there were "pre-defined" questions or not.  There were a few journalists that actually had direct questions with direct follow-ups, but the answers were not clear.  There was definitely a huge contrast between this "press conference" and those of past Presidents.  I don't recall a President ever having a notebook and a list of which journalists to call on.

It was also odd that he stuck to a "time limit" and ended so abruptly.

There is no doubt in my mind that the whole thing was nothing more than a "show" to "put him out there answering questions from the press" and get him away from the podium as quickly as possible.  It's obvious that he is unable to answer questions with a clear answer "off the cuff" without notes or coaching.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-25-2021, 06:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 04:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: In my opinion, these white BLM protesters and liberals are the main cause of society's downfall.. By trying to be "a white savior", they're basically telling blacks that they don't have the IQ to think for themselves, therfore, need to be told when they're being oppressed.. I know identity politics is the main platform to damn near every democratic talking point, but there needs to be a line drawn in the sand..

Charater matters..

The first bolded part is a really bad take.
A white person marching with BLM is essentially saying, "I understand you're a minority. Numerically, you need my support to influence government and society, to win an election." Now yes, white people can go too far and take over a conversation about dealing with oppression they've never personally experienced, and yes that is insulting. But simply joining a march or changing your vote is not.

The second bolded part is simply a function of massive video recording and viral/social sharing.  You still have no problem expressing your opinion here, where the names are fake and there's no cameras, and I don't either.

The first bolded part is a bad take? That's your opinion.. There's nobody in this country more racist than the white liberal and nobody will ever change my mind on that matter..

And you're right, I'm not scared to speak my mind. I wouldn't be scared to speak my mind in public either because I know in my heart, that I use common sense to live my day to day life. I'm no brute, but I'm no coward either. If you give me your opinion you better be prepared to hear mine. If that hurts your feelings, that's your fault, not mine..

And without massive video recordings, we wouldn't know what was really going on and we would have to rely on biased news outlets.. I trust my eyes and what I see.. Not what CNN or FOX tells me..

Charater matters..

Well said Sir!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I kind of wish everyone would lose interest in politics.

(03-26-2021, 11:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I kind of wish everyone would lose interest in politics.

We can't lose interest completely; man is a political animal.
I wish all of us valued our collective mental health though and rejected divisive thoughts and arguments, that we focused instead on the practical and achievable.
Like, if I say, "let's reduce the income tax and increase the gas tax," why can't we just have a discussion about the pros and cons of only that, because that is finite and solvable? Why can't we avoid branching off to an infinite and unsolvable discussion of race or religion or social norms?

(03-26-2021, 11:38 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I kind of wish everyone would lose interest in politics.

We can't lose interest completely; man is a political animal.
I wish all of us valued our collective mental health though and rejected divisive thoughts and arguments, that we focused instead on the practical and achievable.
Like, if I say, "let's reduce the income tax and increase the gas tax," why can't we just have a discussion about the pros and cons of only that, because that is finite and solvable? Why can't we avoid branching off to an infinite and unsolvable discussion of race or religion or social norms?

How about if we reduce both.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-26-2021, 01:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:38 AM)mikesez Wrote: We can't lose interest completely; man is a political animal.

How about if we reduce both.

because I want to encourage the earning of salaries, and discourage the consumption of gasoline.

Politics in itself isn't the problem, its that politics has become/replaced/been incorporated into many people's religion. We all know how volatile religious discussions can be so it stands to reason the same would happen with politics.

(03-26-2021, 11:38 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Because tax rates are established by politicians, who are members of political parties with self-serving agendas.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

So what ever happened with that Colorado mass shooting? Kinda disappeared from the headlines pretty fast..

(03-27-2021, 07:42 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So what ever happened with that Colorado mass shooting? Kinda disappeared from the headlines pretty fast..

Because it didn't fit with the leftist narrative of a white guy with an "Assault Rifle"
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(03-27-2021, 07:42 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So what ever happened with that Colorado mass shooting? Kinda disappeared from the headlines pretty fast..

I was thinking the same thing last night. Yep, what Drifter said.