Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

So, my symptoms are crazy different from my first go round. I'm on what I'd call day two and my throat is burning, my skin hurts, joint and muscle ache, nasty taste in the back of my mouth and throat, sinus pain, headache, fatigue. No fever that I know of, no problem with airway or breathing and little coughing but I do feel pressure in my chest. Food tastes a little weird and yesterday I was craving pizza. Right now I feel like I could drink gallons of orange juice I'm craving it so bad and I don't really care for orange juice.

I just know my skin hurts and that is freaking weird

I really wish we could find out the variant we have when we're tested. I would find that to be really interesting personally. Like the variant I had last year was all from the neck up and involved my sinuses, specifically my right side, with my head feeling like a balloon so full of air it was going to explode any second. The volume of snot produced was unbelievable. My eyelids were swollen. Everything tasted nasty, even water. I couldn't tolerate much sound or light. 

This time, whatever variant it is, has different symptoms impacting my whole body. 

Is the flu like this in how it can feel so different year to year? Like I've said, I've only had it maybe once in my life that I know of so I really can't compare it with anything else.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-13-2022, 07:42 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, my symptoms are crazy different from my first go round. I'm on what I'd call day two and my throat is burning, my skin hurts, joint and muscle ache, nasty taste in the back of my mouth and throat, sinus pain, headache, fatigue. No fever that I know of, no problem with airway or breathing and little coughing but I do feel pressure in my chest. Food tastes a little weird and yesterday I was craving pizza. Right now I feel like I could drink gallons of orange juice I'm craving it so bad and I don't really care for orange juice.

I really wish we could find out the variant we have when we're tested. I would find that to be really interesting personally. Like the variant I had last year was all from the neck up and involved my sinuses, specifically my right side, with my head feeling like a balloon so full of air it was going to explode any second. The volume of snot produced was unbelievable. My eyelids were swollen. Everything tasted nasty, even water. I couldn't tolerate much sound or light. 

This time, whatever variant it is, has different symptoms impacting my whole body. 

Is the flu like this in how it can feel so different year to year? Like I've said, I've only had it maybe once in my life that I know of so I really can't compare it with anything else.

This is only generalizing, but it sounds like you had Omicron first and Delta now. Unless there's another strain out. Tho your skin issue seems unusual. Praying for your recovery!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-13-2022, 07:42 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, my symptoms are crazy different from my first go round. I'm on what I'd call day two and my throat is burning, my skin hurts, joint and muscle ache, nasty taste in the back of my mouth and throat, sinus pain, headache, fatigue. No fever that I know of, no problem with airway or breathing and little coughing but I do feel pressure in my chest. Food tastes a little weird and yesterday I was craving pizza. Right now I feel like I could drink gallons of orange juice I'm craving it so bad and I don't really care for orange juice.

The skin pain is from mass cell activation related to inflammation. You can take Advil to help if you're able, the early concerns about NSAIDs exacerbating Covid were unfounded. I know that the pain is usually somewhere around five days, so I hope it's shorter for you. The symptoms you describe are similar to those from the early strains like Alpha and Delta, so I'd say NJC is right in that assessment too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-12-2022, 09:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 08:43 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Its worked in Africa but i guess it cant in Amerika.

Get a zpac, and a steroid shot if you are having breathing diffuculties.

Are you a medical provider?

No I'm not. And no, it didn't do anything in Africa.

https://africacdc.org/download/statement...-covid-19/

I did..

I blessed the rains..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-13-2022, 10:46 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 09:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No I'm not. And no, it didn't do anything in Africa.

https://africacdc.org/download/statement...-covid-19/

I did..

I blessed the rains..

[Image: wizard-of-oz-dorothy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. I like sharing stuff like this so we can all learn and benefit from it somehow. Was Omicron out last summer, in 2021? I thought that one showed up late last year or earlier this year.

(11-13-2022, 12:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. I like sharing stuff like this so we can all learn and benefit from it somehow. Was Omicron out last summer, in 2021? I thought that one showed up late last year or earlier this year.

It started at the end of 2021, became the dominant strain in the late spring of this year.

(11-13-2022, 10:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The skin pain is from mass cell activation related to inflammation. You can take Advil to help if you're able, the early concerns about NSAIDs exacerbating Covid were unfounded. I know that the pain is usually somewhere around five days, so I hope it's shorter for you. The symptoms you describe are similar to those from the early strains like Alpha and Delta, so I'd say NJC is right in that assessment too.

Allow me to chime in and say that it's mast cell - I'm sure you knew this and it was probably an autocorrect situation, but I'll nerd on a bit.

[Image: bubbles-trailerparkboys.gif]

(11-13-2022, 10:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 07:42 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, my symptoms are crazy different from my first go round. I'm on what I'd call day two and my throat is burning, my skin hurts, joint and muscle ache, nasty taste in the back of my mouth and throat, sinus pain, headache, fatigue. No fever that I know of, no problem with airway or breathing and little coughing but I do feel pressure in my chest. Food tastes a little weird and yesterday I was craving pizza. Right now I feel like I could drink gallons of orange juice I'm craving it so bad and I don't really care for orange juice.

The skin pain is from mass cell activation related to inflammation. You can take Advil to help if you're able, the early concerns about NSAIDs exacerbating Covid were unfounded. I know that the pain is usually somewhere around five days, so I hope it's shorter for you. The symptoms you describe are similar to those from the early strains like Alpha and Delta, so I'd say NJC is right in that assessment too.

I've been doing some reading on this mast cell activation. I don't know if I have that specifically or if it's cutaneous hyperesthesia. They sound similar in symptoms. Everything I've been able to find so far says cutaneous hyperesthesia is rare in Covid-19 positive folks yet both me and my husband have it as a symptom. It's likely that it is not being reported as a symptom by folks who test at home and never get seen by a doctor. I haven't gone to the doctor this time around because there is no point spending $60 for them to tell me I have Covid. When my husband went they didn't even test him because he had a positive home test. He didn't feel the skin sensitivity until the day after he did see the doctor so he wouldn't have reported it as a symptom anyway. 

The interesting thing about cutaneous hyperesthesia is it seems to be neurological. Something I read said there are many Neuro issues related to Covid-19. Also, many dermatology issues reported as a symptom of the virus but not cutaneous hyperesthesia. Some have a rash, some get "Covid toes," some get hives, etc. It evidently affects every organ of the body and the skin is the largest organ we have so it makes sense. 

I'd be curious to know how often symptoms are reported by medical providers but that would be impossible to track. I wish there was a legit database where people could report symptoms but that wouldn't necessarily work well since folks could report things that aren't related to Covid but happen to occur at the same time for whatever reason.

@americus 2.0 I hope you and your husband got over it.

I came across this link again last week and since people complain I don't post links, here is a link to all the ivermectin trials.
https://c19ivm.org/

You can argue all you want about individual studies but all those studies, even RTC ones, all show improvements. It was a viable treatment that didn't harm people and costs pennies. Add other stuff like vitamin D which is showing more proof to work in data and you get a lot of keep treatments to keep people from dying or getting put in the hospital all together.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

https://markcrispinmiller.substack.com/archive
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

FTX paid $18 million for study to shutdown ivermectin. How deep does this go?

No link yet as it's still only being covered by independents and MSM is ignoring it.

(11-20-2022, 04:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote: @americus 2.0 I hope you and your husband got over it.

I came across this link again last week and since people complain I don't post links, here is a link to all the ivermectin trials.

You can argue all you want about individual studies but all those studies, even RTC ones, all show improvements. It was a viable treatment that didn't harm people and costs pennies. Add other stuff like vitamin D which is showing more proof to work in data and you get a lot of keep treatments to keep people from dying or getting put in the hospital all together.

We have, thanks! We both still have occasional coughing fits that produces some nasty lung biscuits, him more so because of his asthma, but for the most part we're recovered. I'm still experiencing sinus issues but that could also be my allergies and the weather we're having here in NC.

(11-22-2022, 11:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 04:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote: @americus 2.0 I hope you and your husband got over it.

We have, thanks! We both still have occasional coughing fits that produces some nasty lung biscuits, him more so because of his asthma, but for the most part we're recovered. I'm still experiencing sinus issues but that could also be my allergies and the weather we're having here in NC.

Great to hear!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-22-2022, 11:51 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 11:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We have, thanks! We both still have occasional coughing fits that produces some nasty lung biscuits, him more so because of his asthma, but for the most part we're recovered. I'm still experiencing sinus issues but that could also be my allergies and the weather we're having here in NC.

Great to hear!

Thanks!!

Next up, “The Big Kill”

https://theethicalskeptic.com/2022/08/20...rt-1-of-3/

https://emeralddb3.substack.com/p/covid-...e-big-kill
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

[Image: FiVMiuHXkAAIREU?format=png&name=small]

Man, if you had put that in the meme section, I would have given you a +1.