Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elon Musk now owns Twitter

(11-21-2022, 07:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 05:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yeah, but I didn't whine about that either.

If you own a field jointly with your wife, and you plant pine in it, and patiently pay the taxes as the pine grows, but don't pay insurance, would it be good for your wife to decide to set the field on fire when the trees are nearly ready for harvest?  She would be doing what she likes with things that she owns, so, good in your book, right?

I have no idea what you're prattling on about. You asked a question and I gave you a simple, concise, and correct answer. Then you start convulsing or something, I don't know, like your brain locked up or something and you posted and deleted a bunch of things and then going on about buttons and fields and fires. It's odd.

I asked a question and you gave a simple, concise, and utterly moronic answer.  The pine farm story is taking your answer to the extreme.  I'm not saying Elon should be legally prevented from doing what he wants with what he owns (unless he's defrauding people) but I am saying there is such a thing as doing a bad thing with the thing you own.  There is good stewardship, and bad stewardship.

The buttons meme is the two answers that I'm sure most of you were thinking when I asked homebiscuit which post is whining.  Again, I'm not whining.  Nothing is gained or lost or decided here.  You can be wrong and continue to be wrong for all anyone cares. Why would I whine about it?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-21-2022, 08:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 07:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I have no idea what you're prattling on about. You asked a question and I gave you a simple, concise, and correct answer. Then you start convulsing or something, I don't know, like your brain locked up or something and you posted and deleted a bunch of things and then going on about buttons and fields and fires. It's odd.

I asked a question and you gave a simple, concise, and utterly moronic answer.  The pine farm story is taking your answer to the extreme.  I'm not saying Elon should be legally prevented from doing what he wants with what he owns (unless he's defrauding people) but I am saying there is such a thing as doing a bad thing with the thing you own.  There is good stewardship, and bad stewardship.

The buttons meme is the two answers that I'm sure most of you were thinking when I asked homebiscuit which post is whining.  Again, I'm not whining.  Nothing is gained or lost or decided here.  You can be wrong and continue to be wrong for all anyone cares. Why would I whine about it?

Please stop. We all know your original question about trolling being a good thing now is because you constantly get called out for being a troll. Elon is hilarious for being a troll because he’s not pretending he’s doing anything but when he’s doing it. 
Trolling is bad when it’s against the rules. Trolling is hilarious when you own the sandbox and get to make the rules.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-21-2022, 08:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 07:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I have no idea what you're prattling on about. You asked a question and I gave you a simple, concise, and correct answer. Then you start convulsing or something, I don't know, like your brain locked up or something and you posted and deleted a bunch of things and then going on about buttons and fields and fires. It's odd.

Of for crying out loud, stewardship means you don't own it. Make sense damn you. Try harder.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2022, 09:53 PM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2022, 09:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 08:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: I asked a question and you gave a simple, concise, and utterly moronic answer.  The pine farm story is taking your answer to the extreme.  I'm not saying Elon should be legally prevented from doing what he wants with what he owns (unless he's defrauding people) but I am saying there is such a thing as doing a bad thing with the thing you own.  There is good stewardship, and bad stewardship.

Please stop. We all know your original question about trolling being a good thing now is because you constantly get called out for being a troll. Elon is hilarious for being a troll because he’s not pretending he’s doing anything but when he’s doing it. 
Trolling is bad when it’s against the rules. Trolling is hilarious when you own the sandbox and get to make the rules.

OK, which rule did I ever break here?

(11-21-2022, 09:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 08:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: I asked a question and you gave a simple, concise, and utterly moronic answer.  The pine farm story is taking your answer to the extreme.  I'm not saying Elon should be legally prevented from doing what he wants with what he owns (unless he's defrauding people) but I am saying there is such a thing as doing a bad thing with the thing you own.  There is good stewardship, and bad stewardship.

Of for crying out loud, stewardship means you don't own it. Make sense damn you. Try harder.

Stewardship means you are in charge of it temporarily.  Which, as mortals, is all we will ever be.  Although you do call yourself a god, so, maybe you're not in touch with that reality.

(11-21-2022, 09:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Please stop. We all know your original question about trolling being a good thing now is because you constantly get called out for being a troll. Elon is hilarious for being a troll because he’s not pretending he’s doing anything but when he’s doing it. 

Ok, show me where I said anything about YOU breaking a rule.

Ya'll gettin sucked into that vacuum lololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-21-2022, 09:53 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: OK, which rule did I ever break here?

Ok, show me where I said anything about YOU breaking a rule.

So what are you trying to say?
That my so-called trolling is good, or that I'm not actually a troll?

Really there were thousands and thousands of people resigning and that they did not want to not have a life outside of work. Musk with four companies running has a work week of 121 hours as saw that on Youtube! That is grounds for an environment of a hostile toxic workplace there.
Summertime Is Coming!

(11-21-2022, 09:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Please stop. We all know your original question about trolling being a good thing now is because you constantly get called out for being a troll. Elon is hilarious for being a troll because he’s not pretending he’s doing anything but when he’s doing it. 

(11-21-2022, 09:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of for crying out loud, stewardship means you don't own it. Make sense damn you. Try harder.

Stewardship means you are in charge of it temporarily.  Which, as mortals, is all we will ever be.  Although you do call yourself a god, so, maybe you're not in touch with that reality.

Which means you don't own it, which is not what Elon Musk is to Twitter. Gosh you're dense,  like seriously, you're a legit buffoon.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-21-2022, 10:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: OK, which rule did I ever break here?

Which means you don't own it, which is not what Elon Musk is to Twitter. Gosh you're dense,  like seriously, you're a legit buffoon.

Does Elon not have like 6 kids? Is he going to live forever, or will he die someday?

I'm old enough to remember Mikey advocating for free enterprise, and when I argued that leftism was censoring free speech, he said to get your own. It's a free country, right? Go build your own twitter.

(11-21-2022, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:53 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Ok, show me where I said anything about YOU breaking a rule.

So what are you trying to say?

No.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2022, 11:21 PM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2022, 10:30 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm old enough to remember Mikey advocating for free enterprise, and when I argued that leftism was censoring free speech, he said to get your own. It's a free country, right? Go build your own twitter.

Did I change?
I'm still not calling for government to do anything to Twitter.
I think Elon has done some good and some bad at Twitter.
I do think there needs to be a conversation about paring back the section 230 protections that Twitter enjoys, but that would equally affect Facebook, YouTube, etc.

(11-21-2022, 11:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: So what are you trying to say?

No.

Maybe you shouldn't post at all, when you evidently have so little to say.

(11-21-2022, 11:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:30 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm old enough to remember Mikey advocating for free enterprise, and when I argued that leftism was censoring free speech, he said to get your own. It's a free country, right? Go build your own twitter.

Did I change?
I'm still not calling for government to do anything to Twitter.
I think Elon has done some good and some bad at Twitter.
I do think there needs to be a conversation about paring back the section 230 protections that Twitter enjoys, but that would equally affect Facebook, YouTube, etc.

(11-21-2022, 11:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: No.

I said all that needed to be said.

(11-21-2022, 10:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Which means you don't own it, which is not what Elon Musk is to Twitter. Gosh you're dense,  like seriously, you're a legit buffoon.

Does Elon not have like 6 kids? Is he going to live forever, or will he die someday?

How is his mortality, or number of descendants, relevant to the difference between stewardship and ownership?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

You asked a question, giving her two options.  While it's true that you're a troll, that fact was not mentioned in her previous post.    

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-21-2022, 10:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya'll gettin sucked into that vacuum lololol

Yup!

Arguing with Mike is like peeing on a flat rock.  You may feel better but you still wind up covered in pee.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2022, 08:48 AM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-21-2022, 11:40 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Does Elon not have like 6 kids? Is he going to live forever, or will he die someday?

How is his mortality, or number of descendants, relevant to the difference between stewardship and ownership?

The point I am making is that all "ownership" is really just stewardship in the end.  This is a repeated point in certain religious texts that I thought held a lot of weight around here.  But anyways.

Even if you don't believe that, in this specific case, Elon took out about $26 billion in loans to make the purchase.  He didn't actually have $44 billion in cash lying around.   Think of it like a mortgage.  People buy fixer uppers all the time.  It's obviously good to update certain things in an old home.  But is it still good if you demolish half of the house with no intent to rebuild? Or if you decide to start processing toxic chemicals in the swimming pool? The bank might be highly concerned if you did that. There is a line, and when you cross it you are no longer acting in your own interest, your partners' interests, or your heirs' interests.

(11-22-2022, 08:24 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 11:40 PM)Sneakers Wrote: How is his mortality, or number of descendants, relevant to the difference between stewardship and ownership?

The point I am making is that all "ownership" is really just stewardship in the end.  This is a repeated point in certain religious texts that I thought held a lot of weight around here.  But anyways.

Even if you don't believe that, in this specific case, Elon took out about $26 billion in loans to make the purchase.  He didn't actually have $44 billion in cash lying around.   Think of it like a mortgage.  People buy fixer uppers all the time.  It's obviously good to update certain things in an old home.  But is it still good if you demolish half of the house with no intent to rebuild? Or if you decide to start processing toxic chemicals in the swimming pool? The bank might be highly concerned if you did that.  There is a line, and when you cross it you are no longer acting in your own interest, your partners' interests, or your heirs' interests.

The only point here is the one on top of your head, you try to be the smartest moron in the room but every single time you just make yourself look more foolish than the time before.

(11-22-2022, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 08:24 AM)mikesez Wrote: The point I am making is that all "ownership" is really just stewardship in the end.  This is a repeated point in certain religious texts that I thought held a lot of weight around here.  But anyways.

Even if you don't believe that, in this specific case, Elon took out about $26 billion in loans to make the purchase.  He didn't actually have $44 billion in cash lying around.   Think of it like a mortgage.  People buy fixer uppers all the time.  It's obviously good to update certain things in an old home.  But is it still good if you demolish half of the house with no intent to rebuild? Or if you decide to start processing toxic chemicals in the swimming pool? The bank might be highly concerned if you did that.  There is a line, and when you cross it you are no longer acting in your own interest, your partners' interests, or your heirs' interests.

The only point here is the one on top of your head, you try to be the smartest moron in the room but every single time you just make yourself look more foolish than the time before.

Once again you go ad hominem rather than address the points made.
You're the idiot here, not me.  At least you're funny, though.