Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elon Musk now owns Twitter

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 03:56 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/e...-rcna25806

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1518...b-1wsn6syw

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 04:00 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

This should be interesting. I'd like to see the over/under on how many Twitter employees will resign now 'in disgust'. On another note, will Elon de-platform Johnny, Amber and Carla?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-25-2022, 03:57 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This should be interesting.  I'd like to see the over/under on how many Twitter employees will resign now 'in disgust'.  On another note, will Elon de-platform Johnny, Amber and Carla?

Well, we all know they talk the talk. How many claimed they would move out of the country if Trump was elected. Leftist heads are exploding right now at the prospect of free speech. 

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1518...4QYUa9Iquw

Image being upset because everyone gets to tweet.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Freedom of speech comes with responsibility as well as potential liability. For example, you can't get on there and try to convince someone to do something criminal. If I had to guess, I would say the "freedom of speech" principle will be applied mostly to high-visibility users such as himself and less so to other users.

"All animals are equal, some are just more equal than others." - George Orwell, Animal Farm
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-25-2022, 05:48 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Freedom of speech comes with responsibility as well as potential liability. For example, you can't get on there and try to convince someone to do something criminal. If I had to guess, I would say the "freedom of speech" principle will be applied mostly to high-visibility users such as himself and less so to other users.

"All animals are equal, some are just more equal than others." - George Orwell, Animal Farm

No one says it doesn't come with responsibility. I find it a little ironic that you would come here now to lecture about the potential unfair scales of the freedom of speech while that same exact bias has been benefitting your side and yet nary a peep. I guess your animal was a little more equal, huh?

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 07:21 PM by Jags.)

Democrats are confused. We all need electric cars, [BLEEP], Elon owns Twitter now!

That’s pretty much explains the Democratic Party in a nutshell. All we can do to buy a vote but [BLEEP] on on those we conned into voting for us. Yet, the republicans are the bad guys.

Kpop stans going to run amok now

(04-25-2022, 07:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 05:48 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Freedom of speech comes with responsibility as well as potential liability. For example, you can't get on there and try to convince someone to do something criminal. If I had to guess, I would say the "freedom of speech" principle will be applied mostly to high-visibility users such as himself and less so to other users.

No one says it doesn't come with responsibility. I find it a little ironic that you would come here now to lecture about the potential unfair scales of the freedom of speech while that same exact bias has been benefitting your side and yet nary a peep. I guess your animal was a little more equal, huh?

"My side" makes me lol. You need to grow some thicker skin. Moreover, if you think Musk's real intent is to promote "free speech" I got some beach front property in Iowa to sell ya!

(04-25-2022, 07:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No one says it doesn't come with responsibility. I find it a little ironic that you would come here now to lecture about the potential unfair scales of the freedom of speech while that same exact bias has been benefitting your side and yet nary a peep. I guess your animal was a little more equal, huh?

"My side" makes me lol. You need to grow some thicker skin. Moreover, if you think Musk's real intent is to promote "free speech" I got some beach front property in Iowa to sell ya!

All I hear from you is conjecture about someone you disagree with but silence when the actual assault on free speech is happening. I'll grow some thicker skin when you grow some intellectual honesty.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 07:55 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-25-2022, 07:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No one says it doesn't come with responsibility. I find it a little ironic that you would come here now to lecture about the potential unfair scales of the freedom of speech while that same exact bias has been benefitting your side and yet nary a peep. I guess your animal was a little more equal, huh?

To be honest, If his intent is not to make free speech available, it’s probably to make more money. He’s made a ton of money off Tesla, and the democrats are almost trying to force EV into our hands.  So, no doubt, it’s financially motivated.  If you don’t believe in the free speech aspect, I’m willing to bet he feels he can make money off of it in Other ways.  Maybe Hillary will create  a social media site for just the democrats like Trump was going to create one himself.  Either way, Elon isn’t a [BLEEP]. If you or others don’t agree with his politics, don’t buy his cars.  Personally, as fortunate as I feel I am, I don’t have 100k to buy one of his and don’t want to wait an hour to recharge.  Either way, I’m out.   But I am very curious.  When do we agree with someone? When they produce the materials we value or feel is the right way? Or when they speak out about what is right?  Kudos to him for playing both sides and being successful at it.  It’s almost like he’s laughing at our disfunction.

I get a daily email from Twitter that usually has two or three mildly interesting things on it. Other than that, I don't use the site. I hope they don't let Trump back on but it won't affect me either way.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-25-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: I get a daily email from Twitter that usually has two or three mildly interesting things on it.  Other than that, I don't use the site.  I hope they don't let Trump back on but it won't affect me either way.

Trump was the only thing mildly interesting on Twitter
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(04-25-2022, 07:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: "My side" makes me lol. You need to grow some thicker skin. Moreover, if you think Musk's real intent is to promote "free speech" I got some beach front property in Iowa to sell ya!

All I hear from you is conjecture about someone you disagree with but silence when the actual assault on free speech is happening. I'll grow some thicker skin when you grow some intellectual honesty.

What the hell are you even blabbering about? I have always said free speech isn't unlimited. It stops where other people's liberties are harmed. I'm not going to comment on every single post I see that disagrees with that. My comment in this particular case is about Musk's hypocrisy. His battles with Twitter are well known.

He thinks by driving controversy, he'll drive revenue. If you want conjecture, here's some. I'll guess that he's wrong and twitter will be more or less irrelevant in a year or less.

(04-25-2022, 08:01 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: All I hear from you is conjecture about someone you disagree with but silence when the actual assault on free speech is happening. I'll grow some thicker skin when you grow some intellectual honesty.

What the hell are you even blabbering about? I have always said free speech isn't unlimited. It stops where other people's liberties are harmed. I'm not going to comment on every single post I see that disagrees with that. My comment in this particular case is about Musk's hypocrisy. His battles with Twitter are well known.

He thinks by driving controversy, he'll drive revenue. If you want conjecture, here's some. I'll guess that he's wrong and twitter will be more or less irrelevant in a year or less.

Twitter isn't practicing hypocrisy now? Why the huff now about Musk? You may be right about him making it irrelevant, but while it's relevant now and duplicitous in its enforcement policies, the Musk critics don't seem to care. Why does it make any difference to you whether Twitter is hypocritical under Musk or as it is now?

(04-25-2022, 07:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: All I hear from you is conjecture about someone you disagree with but silence when the actual assault on free speech is happening. I'll grow some thicker skin when you grow some intellectual honesty.

And that's exactly what has been going on there for years.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 08:41 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Exactly.  Regardless of if he brings Trump back, if people get the feeling that it's Elon's personal playground and they're just his pawns, they'll leave.  I don't read the site, but I'd guess a lot of users are already going after Elon on the platform.  How thick is his skin?

(04-25-2022, 08:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 08:01 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: What the hell are you even blabbering about? I have always said free speech isn't unlimited. It stops where other people's liberties are harmed. I'm not going to comment on every single post I see that disagrees with that. My comment in this particular case is about Musk's hypocrisy. His battles with Twitter are well known.

And that's exactly what has been going on there for years.

How do you mean?

Y’all can all stop peeing all over yourselves now. Trump announced today he isn’t going back to Twitter, he’s going to be posting on that platform he’s starting.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Imagine all of the good he actually could have done for this Country and/or World with $45 Billion... Instead he buys a social media platform and people love him for it LOL. Shows how brain dead people really are.