Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-10-2023, 08:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 04:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: If the bears traded out of #1 and a run on QBs gets started would you consider trading up for Will Anderson if he fell to 4-6? I know the price would likely be costly but the guys a freak.

You know how people say you should never draft a RB in the first round? Am I the only person on earth that feels the same way about tight ends?.. Like don't get me wrong, i'd give up a 1st for a guy like Travis Kelce all day long but how often are scouts right about Tight Ends coming out of college. It always feels like the first guy taken winds up being worse than someone in rounds 2-4. 

Idk, I was a huge fan of Kyle Pitts coming out and even tho I think he's a good TE I don't think he's worth his draft stock..

Pitts racked up a ton of yardage as a rookie but he rarely hit the end zone. Last year his production took a massive swan dive. Not sure if that's all on him though considering the QB situation. I agree though. Some of the highest drafted TE's I can recall of like Kyle Brady, Vernon Davis, TJ Hockenson, Eric Ebron and Kellen Winslow were all either really slow starting off or didn't really hit their stride as hoped and ended up elsewhere early. 

I think 20 and below is a good start to look. We landed Marcedes Lewis late, for what it's worth, he's had one of the longest careers I can remember at his position and he's really made a name for himself as a blocker with a few decent years in pass catching. Heath Miller in Pittsburgh also comes to mind. Washington at 24 is probably not only a safe pick, but it's probably the best pick considering what he brings to this team.

We do need help with blocking along the offensive line. Having a guy that big that can actually block, run and catch is a big asset to have. Especially on an offense where the coach has already proven himself historically with that position and also showed his ability to adapt with having better WR options in just one year here. Lawrence can also do a lot of work with him. 

Just depends on who is on the board there. If you're staring at a top pass rusher, whether interior or off the edge? You're going to have to consider that over a TE2 with Engram tagged. It's a tough call. I really wouldn't envy Baalke and this staff in that situation.

Marcedes Lewis is a beloved Jaguar, but being realistic he had one season where you could maybe say he was worth of a first round pick.. outside of 2010 he wasn't a game changer in any regard, and MOST tight ends aren't. Only the elite few. And even so, guys like Kyle Pitts came in and had 1,000 yards his rookie season and i'm pretty sure the falcons had a worse record that year than the year prior so it just points further into the direction of a TE not mattering too much, like James Robinson having 1k yards and we went 1-15.. some positions just aren't that important in the grand scheme of things.

I'm one who doesn't consider wide receiver to be a need, but I'll throw out a name for discussion.  What if Quentin Johnston is available at our pick?  I know he was a popular prospect for the Jaguars mid-season. The Jaguars then started winning games and Johnston seemed out of reach.  However, he has fallen in a number of mock drafts.  I sometimes see him available at the Jaguars pick.  If he's there, do you take him?

(03-12-2023, 01:17 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I'm one who doesn't consider wide receiver to be a need, but I'll throw out a name for discussion.  What if Quentin Johnston is available at our pick?  I know he was a popular prospect for the Jaguars mid-season. The Jaguars then started winning games and Johnston seemed out of reach.  However, he has fallen in a number of mock drafts.  I sometimes see him available at the Jaguars pick.  If he's there, do you take him?
These WRs are worse than originally thought.

Johnston isn’t as big as I thought. Addison isn’t as fast as I thought. This WR class is pretty weak.

I would maybe think about it for the Jags 2nd rounder but not in round 1. The value just isn’t there.

(03-12-2023, 01:17 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I'm one who doesn't consider wide receiver to be a need, but I'll throw out a name for discussion.  What if Quentin Johnston is available at our pick?  I know he was a popular prospect for the Jaguars mid-season. The Jaguars then started winning games and Johnston seemed out of reach.  However, he has fallen in a number of mock drafts.  I sometimes see him available at the Jaguars pick.  If he's there, do you take him?

I just cant see a scenario where Johnston is the BPA when we pick.

(03-12-2023, 01:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
These WRs are worse than originally thought.

Johnston isn’t as big as I thought. Addison isn’t as fast as I thought. This WR class is pretty weak.

I would maybe think about it for the Jags 2nd rounder but not in round 1. The value just isn’t there.
Agreed. I would rather get a bargain deal later with A.T Perry or Dontay Demus.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

TE is where this draft is stacked. TE is where i think the value will be in this draft and its a position that we have lacked in for years. We need to get greedy at the TE spot and make it a strength especially with Doug and Trev

I think you can make an argument for any of the top 4 TEs. 1 or 2 will likely be taken before us so that will make it a little easier if we want one. I just think Washington has the most upside and with the way Doug and Trev are with the TE I think which ever one we get, we can maximize their potential.

(03-12-2023, 09:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think you can make an argument for any of the top 4 TEs.  1 or 2 will likely be taken before us so that will make it a little easier if we want one.  I just think Washington has the most upside and with the way Doug and Trev are with the TE I think which ever one we get, we can maximize their potential.

No doubt, the top 4 tight ends all have the possibility of going in the 1st round. While I wouldn't hate it if the Jaguars selected one of these, I'd prefer they select a corner/nickel, offensive lineman or pass rusher in the first 2 rounds. Tucker Kraft and Sam LaPorta would be excellent 3rd round options as would Luke Schoonmaker and Zack Kuntz in round 4. I believe these 4 players would be very effective alongside Engram with Pederson calling the plays. No doubt Kuntz will need time to develop, but the other 3 could contribute immediately.

(03-13-2023, 12:14 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-12-2023, 09:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think you can make an argument for any of the top 4 TEs.  1 or 2 will likely be taken before us so that will make it a little easier if we want one.  I just think Washington has the most upside and with the way Doug and Trev are with the TE I think which ever one we get, we can maximize their potential.

No doubt, the top 4 tight ends all have the possibility of going in the 1st round. While I wouldn't hate it if the Jaguars selected one of these, I'd prefer they select a corner/nickel, offensive lineman or pass rusher in the first 2 rounds. Tucker Kraft and Sam LaPorta would be excellent 3rd round options as would Luke Schoonmaker and Zack Kuntz in round 4. I believe these 4 players would be very effective alongside Engram with Pederson calling the plays. No doubt Kuntz will need time to develop, but the other 3 could contribute immediately.

It really just depends on how the draft falls for me.  You have to remember that we pick at the end of round so there is a very high chance Kraft and La Porta will be gone in the 3rd when we pick.

New England just shipped Johnu Smith off to the Falcons for a 7th RD pick. Just goes back to what I was saying earlier with Belichick and potentially going after Darnell Washington now on the opening night of the draft. LOL. Just our luck.

Interesting move for the Falcons though. That's a $10M cap hit they're absorbing and you just struggled feeding Kyle Pitts the football last year in his 2nd year. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense on paper. Arthur Smith did coach Smith when he was with the tacks though. Interesting.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 05:45 AM by wg171. Edited 2 times in total.)

As of this post I’m thinking Torrence or Wright.

Would seriously consider Little at LT and trading Robinson.

Desperately need a slot corner but honestly I’m concerned about this O-Line as it is.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 06:35 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Cam Robinson is the biggest price tag next year. The only way I see us drafting a tackle in the 1st is if they want to save that 18 mil next year. Harrison could be a possibility as well. I could see us drafting Harrison or Wright if they feel one can upgrade LG this year and them take over at tackle next year, cut Cam to save 18 mil. That's alot of money to save

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 06:56 AM by wg171. Edited 2 times in total.)

I’m “thinking” Cam’s cap hit is a little more than $22 million in 2023 and 2024. Should have simply tagged him for the 2022 season imo.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 06:57 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

We could save 35 mil next year by cutting Cam, Jenkins, and Fatukasi. In a perfect world we could fill those positions in the draft between this yeare and next year's draft. Could easily fill 2 of those positions this year

(03-14-2023, 05:41 AM)wg171 Wrote: As of this post I’m thinking Torrence or Wright.

Desperately need a slot corner but honestly I’m concerned about this O-Line as it is.
I think they’ll sign a slot corner but tackle is certainly in play. 

I don’t like Little at RT. He looked so much more fluid and natural at LT. Wright at RT is looking like a smart play.

(03-14-2023, 07:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 05:41 AM)wg171 Wrote: As of this post I’m thinking Torrence or Wright.

I think they’ll sign a slot corner but tackle is certainly in play. 

I don’t like Little at RT. He looked so much more fluid and natural at LT. Wright at RT is looking like a smart play.

I think that's a good call. Wright has improved his stock greatly since the Combine and is considered a 1st rounder by many. Baalke's biggest mistake was in re-signing Cam so they appear "stuck"
with him for 1 more season. Of course, if he has a really good 2023 season they'd be in a good position to trade him and move Little to left tackle and Wright to right tackle. Of course, the conundrum for this season, if they draft Wright, will be what to do with their 3 tackles. Ideally, Little will improve enough at right tackle and play there for 1 season with Wright upgrading the guard position. He'd than move to right tackle in 2024.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 12:26 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Joe Tippmann or Peter Skoronski.

We have our tackles of the future. Not sure we have our guards/center of the future.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(03-14-2023, 12:18 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Joe Tippmann.

We have our tackles of the future.  Not sure we have our guards/center of the future.

If we get Tippmann then we would most likely move Fortner to Guard. I rather draft Torrance or Avila.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-14-2023, 12:23 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 12:18 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Joe Tippmann.

We have our tackles of the future.  Not sure we have our guards/center of the future.

If we get Tippmann then we would most likely move Fortner to Guard. I rather draft Torrance or Avila.

I'd argue that center/guard was our weakest OL spot last season.   If we don't draft a guard/center this season we're going to need to do it next season.   Now, if we get Torrance or Avila, then are lucky enough to grab Voorhees in the 3rd or 4th...I'd be ecstatic.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!