Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(04-29-2023, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yan coming back home?!

Just tweeted out “Coming”

It would explain why the Jaguars failed to get a pass rusher early in the draft.  It also makes sense to sign Yan after the date where it doesn't affect the Jaguars compensatory picks next year.  As I've said before, it's not nostalgia, it makes sense.  Yan has been in the league 7 years and has had at least 8 sacks in every season.  He's coming off a season with 9.5 sacks and had 10 sacks the prior season.  He also only recently turned 28, so he's not over the hill.  The knock on him is that he isn't a good run defender, but I think we have good personnel for obvious run situations.  We need someone for obvious pass situations.  That's Yan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It would be great to see yan back. Jags could use the help on the pass rush.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 11:57 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Yan will be welcome with open arms. I think he has 65 sacks since entering the league. At just 28 years old, he has a chance to get to 100.

What if we signed Yannick and Budda…

(04-29-2023, 11:56 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yan will be welcome with open arms. I think he has 65 sacks since entering the league. At just 28 years old, he has a chance to get to 100.

What if we signed Yannick and Budda…

Yannick + Budda Baker would make me overly excited for the season. Yan was always good in passing situations as a pure rusher, we have guys that can stop the run on other downs. Baker just out classes both of our Safeties, it would be amazing.

If we sign both I will buy an additional set of season tickets and give them to a random person.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 01:03 AM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus.)

(04-30-2023, 01:00 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If we sign both I will buy an additional set of season tickets and give them to a random person.

I'm often called a random person

I’m also going to make a prediction that if Patterson and Cooke have a similar type season, with Agnew still on the team, and along with all of our additional draftees, we will have a top 3 special teams unit in the league.

I’ve never heard so much talk about 4 core guys in this draft than any other draft since 1993, when I started watching pro football hardcore.

Every 2023 draftee will play some type of special teams.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 02:00 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

UCF CB Divaad Wilson is signing with the Jacksonville Jaguars, per Pelissero.

Samuel Jackson has signed as well

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/04...nfl-draft/

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 02:08 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I like the Elijah Cooks signing. Had over 1000 yrds and 10 TDs this past year. 6'4 215

He has a nice spider chart. A damn good signing

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Elij...-WR-Nevada

Trent said we have room to sign 10 undrafted free agents. He also said the undrafted guys make more money than the 7th round guys.

Trent is playing chess.

While yan is a realistic free agent signing and I hope it happens, I’ve been vocal about wanting the budda trade but I think it’s very unrealistic now, I believe our 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks next year are locked up as conditional picks with Ridley , so we don’t have much capital to go after a veteran

They'll be on the pass rusher market this coming week I think.

As cheap option I would consider heavily Justin Houston, I know he is 34 but if they were interested in Campbell that shouldn't be an issue. He is coming out 2/3 million year deals with Baltimore and still productive, would be a cheap one year rotational pass rusher to replace Key and wouldn't tie you up with the cap for more than a year. 9 sacks last year for the guy if I'm not mistaken.

Clark, Floyd and Ngakoue are the other more expenstive options in theory. I'm not a fan of bringing guys back when they had a big issue with the owner son and left bitterly.
Floyd could be interesting but price could be steep. There's a reason these guys are still available despite their production so scheme fit and money investment should all align.

(04-30-2023, 04:24 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: While yan is a realistic free agent signing and I hope it happens, I’ve been vocal about wanting the  budda trade but I think it’s very unrealistic now, I believe our 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks next year are locked up as conditional picks with Ridley , so we don’t have much capital to go after a veteran

Would you consider giving Arizona our 1st next year for Buddah + their 2nd + 4th?

I would. Cardinals imo will probably be picking top 10-15, and I think we may be picking in the 20's again.. or dare I say, 30s.

(04-30-2023, 05:26 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 04:24 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: While yan is a realistic free agent signing and I hope it happens, I’ve been vocal about wanting the  budda trade but I think it’s very unrealistic now, I believe our 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks next year are locked up as conditional picks with Ridley , so we don’t have much capital to go after a veteran

Would you consider giving Arizona our 1st next year for Buddah + their 2nd + 4th?

I would. Cardinals imo will probably be picking top 10-15, and I think we may be picking in the 20's again.. or dare I say, 30s.

I would make that move if it was offered to me just not sure how realistic it would be. Hope I’m wrong but think that ship has sailed for us and he’ll likely end up else where

Perhaps Budda would've been more likely before the draft when we had a million picks. That said we don't really know how much Cardinals really even want to trade. Maybe he becomes more available later in the year.

Be on the lookout for 4pm today. That's when teams can sign players and it doesn't effect the compensatory picks.

Second wave of FA begins soon.

(05-01-2023, 11:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Be on the lookout for 4pm today. That's when teams can sign players and it doesn't effect the compensatory picks.

There are a few guys still out there that could compete for rotational and back up roles.
A pass rusher would make sense - as our draft addition is likely "developmental" in nature. 
And since we didn't land a sure-fire nickel in the draft either - would be cool to see a vet DB added. 

In terms of Jaguars own FA's - Smoot and Dan Arnold could be brought back affordably.

While it seems obvious that they'll be adding FA pass rusher at this point (I still hope it's Justin Houston if we are going for cheap, Floyd if for a bit longer/or Arden Key contrat), what do you guys think happens with our LG spot?

With all the storylines from the draft this one hasn't been talked about much but the situation has basically stayed the same.
While pre-draft it seemed as bringing in Torrence was in play, we then didn't add another interior OL throughout the draft till Hodges who i think it's a G/OT.

Bartch is recovering, Shatley is usual depth....do you think they try to add to the group (Dalton Risner is still out there) or they'll roll out with the same group as last year? Move Cam Robinson inside once he is back? (I wouldn't be surprised if he won't play again for us and they'll look to trade him during the seasion)

I was hoping they'd add early in the draft for IOL help (Torrence in the second after Harrison would have really helped especially as Scherff has a history with injuries and a pick like that would have given us lots of flexibility).

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 03:24 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(05-01-2023, 11:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 11:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Be on the lookout for 4pm today. That's when teams can sign players and it doesn't effect the compensatory picks.

There are a few guys still out there that could compete for rotational and back up roles.
A pass rusher would make sense - as our draft addition is likely "developmental" in nature. 
And since we didn't land a sure-fire nickel in the draft either - would be cool to see a vet DB added. 

In terms of Jaguars own FA's - Smoot and Dan Arnold could be brought back affordably.

I’m not sure why Doug didn’t utilize Dan Arnold more. The guy is athletic and can catch.

(04-30-2023, 07:27 AM)wassy04 Wrote: Perhaps Budda would've been more likely before the draft when we had a million picks. That said we don't really know how much Cardinals really even want to trade. Maybe he becomes more available later in the year.

Forget Budda. He’d eat up a lot of cap room for a safety. Let Cisco and Antonio Johnson be the future.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 04:13 PM by JaguarJosh2.)

Chaisson is gone for sure. Latest pass rushing bust.

(05-01-2023, 03:22 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 11:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: There are a few guys still out there that could compete for rotational and back up roles.

I’m not sure why Doug didn’t utilize Dan Arnold more. The guy is athletic and can catch.

(04-30-2023, 07:27 AM)wassy04 Wrote: Perhaps Budda would've been more likely before the draft when we had a million picks. That said we don't really know how much Cardinals really even want to trade. Maybe he becomes more available later in the year.

Forget Budda. He’d eat up a lot of cap room for a safety. Let Cisco and Antonio Johnson be the future.

I hope we use more double TE sets,  Arnold is a viable option that we still have here.  Unless Strange just lights it up.