Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

It has officially begun! 

Free agency begins March 15 with the two days of "legal tampering" negotiations starting two days prior. 

The draft is 73 days away on April 27th.

But the NFL allowed teams to return to a 90 man roster today. Jags brought back most of their practice squad when that happened.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...GZ_KJcMsQg

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...GZ_KJcMsQg

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I decided to take a break from Twitter for the month of February.

Any updates would be much appreciated!

Where’s Greg Junior?

So much nicer when all the draft talk and fa doesnt get started until around now vs in late oct as per normal par for the course around here.

(02-13-2023, 01:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Where’s Greg Junior?

Curious that he's not there.
6th round pick last year.

Let the chaos begin

(02-13-2023, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 01:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Where’s Greg Junior?

Curious that he's not there.

He finished the season on the active roster.

(02-13-2023, 04:35 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Curious that he's not there.

He finished the season on the active roster.

Ah. Thanks.

(02-13-2023, 01:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I decided to take a break from Twitter for the month of February.

Update: twitter is still awful

your welcome

Engram and the front office should be locked in a room until to figure out a contract extension

Anyone have any inside info that one/few of the PS guys are someone we should keep look out to break out and earn a roster spot with playing time next year?

(02-14-2023, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 01:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I decided to take a break from Twitter for the month of February.

Update: twitter is still awful

your welcome
It's pretty much a dumpster fire but I like to use it to follow NFL free agency/the draft and things like that.

(02-14-2023, 03:56 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Anyone have any inside info that one/few of the PS guys are someone we should keep look out to break out and earn a roster spot with playing time next year?

No, but I'm praying it is Coy Cronk. 

There may not be a more perfect name for a lineman.

(02-14-2023, 03:56 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Anyone have any inside info that one/few of the PS guys are someone we should keep look out to break out and earn a roster spot with playing time next year?

Wide receivers Kevin Austin and Seth Williams could surprise with further development, and sneak into a back of the roster WR spot.  My biggest sleeper on the resigned PS guy list is Gerrit Prince at TE.  With Engram, Manhertz, and Arnold being free agents, a lack of cap room, and only Farrell signed in the TE room with minimal experience, there is a great opportunity for a developing TE to make the roster.  Gerrit is a 6'5" 241 guy with good hands and routes, a needed move TE in Doug's scheme.

(02-14-2023, 03:50 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: Engram and the front office should be locked in a room until to figure out a contract extension

Agree.

A better left guard would help. I like what we have but these guys batch and shately are better back ups. Anyways, I can’t wait to see and I hope balkie gets the job done resigning key players like engram and others.

(02-14-2023, 04:32 PM)ATLjag Wrote:

Wide receivers Kevin Austin and Seth Williams could surprise with further development, and sneak into a back of the roster WR spot.  My biggest sleeper on the resigned PS guy list is Gerrit Prince at TE.  With Engram, Manhertz, and Arnold being free agents, a lack of cap room, and only Farrell signed in the TE room with minimal experience, there is a great opportunity for a developing TE to make the roster.  Gerrit is a 6'5" 241 guy with good hands and routes, a needed move TE in Doug's scheme.

I seem to remember some positive reports about Prince last pre-season. if he's still getting better then he should have a chance based on what you mentioned. I think it can be tougher for the receivers since there are a couple of guys ahead of them.

With Marvin Jones most likely leaving, Tim Jones will get his chance.

(02-17-2023, 07:34 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: With Marvin Jones most likely leaving, Tim Jones will get his chance.

Doubt it. Ridley coming in and hopefully a rookie WR.

He will get his chance in camp. Just depends on what type of camp he has