Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutchinson Thread (merged)

Say Cam doesn't sign the franchise tag and no long term deal is in place. What then? We go OT at that point with #1.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-12-2022, 08:48 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Say Cam doesn't sign the franchise tag and no long term deal is in place.  What then? We go OT at that point with #1.

We don't have to do that.   Cam can play on the franchise tag, and we also have Walker Little.

(04-11-2022, 10:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 09:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: But would you put it past Baalke?  I have no confidence in him.  Maybe its just pre-draft #becausejaguars jitters on my part.

No, I wouldn't put it passed Baalke at all, which is why I wanted him fired so badly. I don't trust the guy at all. Hopefully, he isn't as stupid as I think he is.

(04-11-2022, 09:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If one is good enough I'm good with it

3-4 DE's are not pass rushers.
They are glorified run stuffers. We desperately need pass rushers and in a 3-4 scheme, the pass rush comes from the OLB's. Drafting a 3-4 DE in round 1 is about asinine as taking a RB in the first round.
They actually do both.

(04-12-2022, 12:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 10:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No, I wouldn't put it passed Baalke at all, which is why I wanted him fired so badly. I don't trust the guy at all. Hopefully, he isn't as stupid as I think he is.

3-4 DE's are not pass rushers.
They are glorified run stuffers. We desperately need pass rushers and in a 3-4 scheme, the pass rush comes from the OLB's. Drafting a 3-4 DE in round 1 is about asinine as taking a RB in the first round.
They actually do both.

The good ones do both.

(04-12-2022, 01:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 12:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They actually do both.

The good ones do both.

Yeah - the good ones do both.

But, much like 4-3 DTs they are rotated frequently and teams tend to have guys they plug in for run or pass emphasis. 
If you're lucky enough to get a good one, that rotation gets simplified.

(04-12-2022, 01:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 12:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They actually do both.

The good ones do both.

Those are very few and far between. They're basically unicorns.

Ugh

Somewhere theolinematters is jumping up and downn

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2023, 05:27 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-28-2023, 08:15 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Somewhere theolinematters is jumping up and downn

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1707817529119490390?s=20

(09-29-2023, 02:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 08:15 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Somewhere theolinematters is jumping up and downn

https://x.com/PFF/status/1707817529119490390?s=20
Yep. Frustrating. Can't make the weak division argument either with QB play. We have weaker QBs in this division as far as I am concerned at the moment.

Baalke [BLEEP] up man. This is a massive, massive miss and it cannot go unsaid as the season progresses.

The more we lose or have to keep relying on the offense to score to win games down the stretch because Walker cannot get after the QB the more frustrating this is going to become.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-30-2023, 05:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 02:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/PFF/status/1707817529119490390?s=20
Yep. Frustrating. Can't make the weak division argument either with QB play. We have weaker QBs in this division as far as I am concerned at the moment.

Baalke [BLEEP] up man. This is a massive, massive miss and it cannot go unsaid as the season progresses.

The more we lose or have to keep relying on the offense to score to win games down the stretch because Walker cannot get after the QB the more frustrating this is going to become.

Yup, Hutchinson was the clear number 1.  I really think the 31 other teams would have taken Hutch.  He was the consensus number 1 pick but Baalke thinks he's better that 31 other GMs, 90% of the fan base, and 90 % of the media.  It was he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room type of pick and if Walker doesn't turn it around Khan should absolutely fire Baalke if we don't make the playoffs especially if the rumors were true where Khan wanted Hutch.  It's making Baalke or whoever wanted Walker over Hutch look like a fool and a idiot.  Hopefully somehow Walker turns it around and becomes better than Hutch but it's looking like that would be a miracle to happen as Hutch is playing at an All Pro level already

He's in good company. [Image: f12c719b1309bc8d5faa5aaf5f6a4196.jpg]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I wonder where "4" would be on this list? -----^

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023, 03:13 PM by Khan Artist. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-30-2023, 05:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 05:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yep. Frustrating. Can't make the weak division argument either with QB play. We have weaker QBs in this division as far as I am concerned at the moment.

Yup, Hutchinson was the clear number 1.  I really think the 31 other teams would have taken Hutch.  He was the consensus number 1 pick but Baalke thinks he's better that 31 other GMs, 90% of the fan base, and 90 % of the media.  It was he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room type of pick and if Walker doesn't turn it around Khan should absolutely fire Baalke if we don't make the playoffs especially if the rumors were true where Khan wanted Hutch.  It's making Baalke or whoever wanted Walker over Hutch look like a fool and a idiot.  Hopefully somehow Walker turns it around and becomes better than Hutch but it's looking like that would be a miracle to happen as Hutch is playing at an All Pro level already

Stop it.  Hutch is not playing at an all-pro level lol.  He's a good 2nd year player.  That's all.  He's not doing anywhere near as much as our very own Josh Allen this season for instance.

He's definitely better than Travon so far, but that doesn't make him amazing.

(10-04-2023, 07:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He's in good company. [Image: f12c719b1309bc8d5faa5aaf5f6a4196.jpg]

This is last year as well

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/1...gen-stats/

(10-04-2023, 03:12 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 05:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yup, Hutchinson was the clear number 1.  I really think the 31 other teams would have taken Hutch.  He was the consensus number 1 pick but Baalke thinks he's better that 31 other GMs, 90% of the fan base, and 90 % of the media.  It was he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room type of pick and if Walker doesn't turn it around Khan should absolutely fire Baalke if we don't make the playoffs especially if the rumors were true where Khan wanted Hutch.  It's making Baalke or whoever wanted Walker over Hutch look like a fool and a idiot.  Hopefully somehow Walker turns it around and becomes better than Hutch but it's looking like that would be a miracle to happen as Hutch is playing at an All Pro level already

Stop it.  Hutch is not playing at an all-pro level lol.  He's a good 2nd year player.  That's all.  He's not doing anywhere near as much as our very own Josh Allen this season for instance.

He's definitely better than Travon so far, but that doesn't make him amazing.
Lol, hes absolutely playing at a All Pro level.   Have you seen him play?  He gives offenses hell and Ieading the league in pressures.  He's better than just a good 2nd year player.  He's already one of the best edge defenders in the league and has helped change that Lions team around

We certainly love beating a dead horse

(10-04-2023, 05:24 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: We certainly love beating a dead horse

I dont think this is a dead horse.  This horse is just beginning for likely another 10 years or so.

(10-04-2023, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 05:24 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: We certainly love beating a dead horse

I dont think this is a dead horse.  This horse is just beginning for likely another 10 years or so.

Certainly hutch has come out the gates blasting

However I done think we should write walker off yet

Do I think qe made the wrong pick? Yes but should walker be labled a bust yet? No

(10-04-2023, 05:41 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think this is a dead horse.  This horse is just beginning for likely another 10 years or so.

Certainly hutch has come out the gates blasting

However I done think we should write walker off yet

Do I think qe made the wrong pick? Yes but should walker be labled a bust yet? No

I think this coaching staff has to have a "Come To Jesus Moment" here soon if things don't start improving with him as an OLB. I don't blame him for his lack of pressures. I don't even think it's an effort issue. The guy clearly gets involved, gets his hands dirty, makes his plays and fights through a good amount of double teams.

However, when you're playing in a pass happy era of football, and, you're taking a guy that high his goal should be getting after the QB. If that means putting him inside as a DE/DT, to where, he clearly has more strength abilities than actual finesse abilities? Do it. It will at least shorten his distance to the QB.

It could also potentially enable this defense to do more around him to effect the QB if he's actually capable of collapsing the pocket and disabling QB's abilities to step up into a clean pocket.