Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutchinson Thread (merged)

I think the Jags 2022 1st pick overall deserves his own thread.  Cant wait so see Hutch opposite Allen

[Image: FNWysQQXwAADc49?format=jpg&name=medium]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2022, 08:50 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-16-2021, 02:11 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Hutch would absolutely flourish across from a guy like Allen. A guy with the size to play a true SAM, all of the athletic traits and production you want in a stud pass rusher, and a relentless motor that will clean up a ton of the pressures that Allen creates but doesn't finish himself.

(11-28-2021, 10:41 AM)Upper Wrote: It's not just that Hutch is awesome, it's also that his skill set is absolutely perfect lined up across from Josh Allen. If the Jags somehow lucked into 1.01 I am taking Hutch over Thibs.

(12-19-2021, 09:34 PM)Upper Wrote: What I love so much about Hutch is how perfectly he fits across from Allen. Tailor made SAM that will set the edge well and even destroy some run blockers. Relentless motor that will get a significant handful of sacks every year just from hustling and cleaning up these pressures that Allen creates but slip away cause no one else is around. All of the traits to be a dominant pass rusher all by himself, but also the traits that will mesh with another top pass rusher to elevate both of them.

Not saying Thibs can't be that guy in time he has the frame to do so, but he's not there yet and I'm not sure if his motor burns hot enough to do a lot of the dirty work that will make a difference.

Long time Hutch fan here. Never doubted the kid.

Following his great season at Michigan and excellent combine performance, Hutchinson is almost as much as a "no brainer" pick as Lawrence was last season. He and Josh Allen should be fun to watch for seasons to come.

This is really jumping the gun.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-08-2022, 08:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 02:11 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Hutch would absolutely flourish across from a guy like Allen. A guy with the size to play a true SAM, all of the athletic traits and production you want in a stud pass rusher, and a relentless motor that will clean up a ton of the pressures that Allen creates but doesn't finish himself.

(11-28-2021, 10:41 AM)Upper Wrote: It's not just that Hutch is awesome, it's also that his skill set is absolutely perfect lined up across from Josh Allen. If the Jags somehow lucked into 1.01 I am taking Hutch over Thibs.

(12-19-2021, 09:34 PM)Upper Wrote: What I love so much about Hutch is how perfectly he fits across from Allen. Tailor made SAM that will set the edge well and even destroy some run blockers. Relentless motor that will get a significant handful of sacks every year just from hustling and cleaning up these pressures that Allen creates but slip away cause no one else is around. All of the traits to be a dominant pass rusher all by himself, but also the traits that will mesh with another top pass rusher to elevate both of them.

Not saying Thibs can't be that guy in time he has the frame to do so, but he's not there yet and I'm not sure if his motor burns hot enough to do a lot of the dirty work that will make a difference.

Long time Hutch fan here. Never doubted the kid.

"Never doubted him" lol.  You were calling him windmill and Andre Branch 2.0.

(03-08-2022, 08:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Following his great season at Michigan and excellent combine performance, Hutchinson is almost as much as a "no brainer" pick as Lawrence was last season. He and Josh Allen should be fun to watch for seasons to come.

Yeah.  I don't see how even Baalke can screw this one up.  This kid is the clear #1 in the draft.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

Clear number 1. I agree. I don’t even want to trade the pick anymore.

Anyone got any good nicknames?

(03-09-2022, 12:23 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Anyone got any good nicknames?

People called me "Ted"

Boy o boy, this thread has some serious potential to age very well...  Laughing

I feel some of the draft podcast forecasters really don't like Hutch. Is this such a sure bet?

It's still very early in the process, but currently, the pick has to be Hutchinson. Things could change though. Nothing is a lock.

"The pick that Baalke shoulda made"

@@, I seriously hope.

(03-08-2022, 08:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Following his great season at Michigan and excellent combine performance, Hutchinson is almost as much as a "no brainer" pick as Lawrence was last season. He and Josh Allen should be fun to watch for seasons to come.

He'll instantly become a team captain and elevate Josh Allen, just as Yannick and Calais did for him his rookie year. This is a no-brainer pick.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Just thought of one I like: First Aid

(03-08-2022, 08:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote: This is really jumping the gun.

Yep especially when about 5 teams over the cap have a week to get under it.  This could be an interesting week ahead of us. Maybe not...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-09-2022, 01:55 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote: This is really jumping the gun.

Yep especially when about 5 teams over the cap have a week to get under it.  This could be an interesting week ahead of us. Maybe not...
What does that have to do with taking Hutchinson?

InstaBust

(03-09-2022, 01:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 01:55 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Yep especially when about 5 teams over the cap have a week to get under it.  This could be an interesting week ahead of us. Maybe not...
What does that have to do with taking Hutchinson?

Easy..there is not a true #1 pick in this draft. There are a handful of players that appear to be about even to me and they play different positions. IF we stay at #1 the direction we go will depend on where we are at the time of the draft.  I agree if we go edge Hutch would be my choice too.  Which direction we go should be decided much closer to the draft after free agency and cap cuts clear up. I could classify Hutch as the BAP edge guy, not the BAP of the entire field of players.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-09-2022, 04:50 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 01:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What does that have to do with taking Hutchinson?

Easy..there is not a true #1 pick in this draft. There are a handful of players that appear to be about even to me and they play different positions. IF we stay at #1 the direction we go will depend on where we are at the time of the draft.  I agree if we go edge Hutch would be my choice too.  Which direction we go should be decided much closer to the draft after free agency and cap cuts clear up. I could classify Hutch as the BAP edge guy, not the BAP of the entire field of players.

I disagree, Hutch is the true clear cut number 1 imo and hopefully Doug feels the same