Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(09-19-2023, 01:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 12:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's a legit scholar and scientist and his case is for more regulation and oversight of production. There isn't any safety issue with DNA because the integration of foreign DNA into our genes doesn't happen. You get foreign DNA in your body every time you catch a bug, but that DNA never integrates with your DNA; it only happens using machinery. It's much more complex than what I just wrote of course, but that's what it boils down to.

I thought the whole distinctive about retroviruses and DNA viruses was that they could permanently change and remain in our living genetic code.  But loose DNA isn't like that? Maybe something to do with the packaging into a virus and the enzymes that also come in the package?  Biology was never my strong suit.

Mine either, but that's the crux such as I read, that the danger of DNA integration isn't viable because of the mechanisms used in the vaccine. In the vaccine the DNA is in such trace amounts that it doesn't enter the genome with some type of assistance, so Phil's comments that oversight is needed are more about informed consent than any danger.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is a damn shame.

Yet another young athlete forced to retire early likely due to getting the vaccine. I posted about Sonny Colbrelli earlier this year IIRC. Two athletes forced to get the vaccine due to the travel requirements for their job have also been forced to retire early from their careers. No, it doesn't say anywhere in the articles the vaccine is to blame, of course, but these are not isolated incidents; there are other athletes with a similar condition who were vaccinated. 

Link 

Nathan van Hooydonck will have to retire from cycling after a discovery of a serious medical issue that won’t allow him to race at a high level anymore

Van Hooydonck was hospitalized after a car accident that took place on September 12 after he drove into traffic following a medical problem. On Wednesday, according to his Jumbo Visma team, the 27-year-old Fleming was fitted with an internal defibrillator (ICD) to correct potential future cardiac arrhythmia.

This same medical issue forced fellow rider Sonny Colbrelli to retire in 2002 after having an ICD implant.

Link from 2022 

Sonny Colbrelli has announced his retirement, revealing the emotions he has faced since suffering an unstable cardiac arrhythmia at the Volta a Catalunya in March, but also his desire to start a new chapter of his life.

I wonder just how long this strain is going to be "Rare".......... Let the lock downs begin anew and have mail in paper ballots so the Dems can cheat again...........

New COVID variant BA.2.86 spotted in 10 states, though highly mutated strain remains rare

People across at least 10 states have now been infected by BA.2.86, a highly mutated variant of the virus that causes COVID-19 that authorities have been closely tracking.

According to data tallied from the global virus database GISAID, labs have reported finding BA.2.86 in samples from Colorado, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-covid-v...re-states/
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

New COVID poll: Democrats have a ‘particularly negative’ outlook, are most likely to keep wearing masks
Gallup’s quarterly poll finds some Americans are more worried about COVID — doctors weigh in

People are becoming more concerned about COVID-19 amid the recent uptick in cases and new variants, according to Gallup’s latest quarterly poll.

Gallup polled more than 5,000 U.S. adults between Aug. 29 and Sept. 5.

Thirty percent of respondents said they believe the pandemic is getting worse — up from 5% in late May/early June and 8% in February, according to a news release on Gallup’s website.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/new-covid...ring-masks
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

My oldest had Covid 2 weekends ago and as a healthy 27 year old woman it really kicked her [BLEEP]. She's recovered now, but it was pretty scary for a few days. Symptoms were severely flu-like with a delirium level fever for about 36 hours, so watch your folks and use the anti-virals as soon as you see symptoms.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2023, 11:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My oldest had Covid 2 weekends ago and as a healthy 27 year old woman it really kicked her [BLEEP]. She's recovered now, but it was pretty scary for a few days. Symptoms were severely flu-like with a delirium level fever for about 36 hours, so watch your folks and use the anti-virals as soon as you see symptoms.

Good to hear she’s okay now. 

Do you mean something like Tamiflu for anti-virals?

(09-27-2023, 11:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 11:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My oldest had Covid 2 weekends ago and as a healthy 27 year old woman it really kicked her [BLEEP]. She's recovered now, but it was pretty scary for a few days. Symptoms were severely flu-like with a delirium level fever for about 36 hours, so watch your folks and use the anti-virals as soon as you see symptoms.

Good to hear she’s okay now. 

Yep, and Relenza or Xofluza as well. We're expecting a pretty strong flu and RSV season this year too based on how it went in Australia, so get the test and prescription if you have symptoms. The one for Covid is Paxlovid.

(09-27-2023, 03:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 11:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Good to hear she’s okay now. 

Yep, and Relenza or Xofluza as well. We're expecting a pretty strong flu and RSV season this year too based on how it went in Australia, so get the test and prescription if you have symptoms. The one for Covid is Paxlovid.

Yea the flu season was really really [BLEEP]
Spread like wildfire thru family and went wild at schools

I got hit with it for about a week

(09-28-2023, 12:17 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 03:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yep, and Relenza or Xofluza as well. We're expecting a pretty strong flu and RSV season this year too based on how it went in Australia, so get the test and prescription if you have symptoms. The one for Covid is Paxlovid.

Yea the flu season was really really [BLEEP]
Spread like wildfire thru family and went wild at schools

I got hit with it for about a week

Sorry to hear that, hope all are well now.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2023, 03:34 PM by Caldrac.)

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021...cines.html[Image: 80385ac01f986a9e4fa7a351533f82cb.jpg]

Regarding that article. I am sure one of you will find another article to refute it. Without a doubt by one of those fact checker sites. Which is cute. Considering those same folks would say it's bogus if it pointed anything out about their president or former president of choice negatively.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-30-2023, 03:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021...cines.html[Image: 80385ac01f986a9e4fa7a351533f82cb.jpg]

Regarding that article. I am sure one of you will find another article to refute it. Without a doubt by one of those fact checker sites. Which is cute. Considering those same folks would say it's bogus if it pointed anything out about their president or former president of choice negatively.

No one disputes these are happening, the discussion is around frequency and causality.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx0nzSGNdM8/...ODBiNWFlZA==

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-07-2023, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/EvanSowards/status/1...77178?s=20

Lol.  "Doing drugs in dark holes".  I would like to see his/her so-called evidence of this.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-07-2023, 02:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/EvanSowards/status/1...77178?s=20

Lol.  "Doing drugs in dark holes".  I would like to see his/her so-called evidence of this.

A
 it was a joke

B
Rodgers has spoken openly many times about literally doing drugs in dark holes
catch up
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...ex2khglw1k

(10-07-2023, 03:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 02:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Lol.  "Doing drugs in dark holes".  I would like to see his/her so-called evidence of this.

A
 it was a joke

B
catch up
It's friendly banter between two athletes. Aaron's probably jealous that he went to a Taylor Swift concert but Travis can actually get more than just backstage passes to Taylor Swift's shows.

(10-09-2023, 11:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 03:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A
 it was a joke

B
catch up
It's friendly banter between two athletes. Aaron's probably jealous that he went to a Taylor Swift concert but Travis can actually get more than just backstage passes to Taylor Swift's shows.

Lol, the heck with the concert, Kelce got a pass to Taylor Swift's back stage.

(10-10-2023, 07:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 11:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's friendly banter between two athletes. Aaron's probably jealous that he went to a Taylor Swift concert but Travis can actually get more than just backstage passes to Taylor Swift's shows.

Lol, the heck with the concert, Kelce got a pass to Taylor Swift's back stage.

Explains the mustache. Giving her the old French tickler while he tosses salad I guess. What a lucky guy!

(10-10-2023, 08:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 07:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, the heck with the concert, Kelce got a pass to Taylor Swift's back stage.

Explains the mustache. Giving her the old French tickler while he tosses salad I guess. What a lucky guy!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d75i7u2hvxjgeg4839j6...y.gif&ct=g]

(10-10-2023, 08:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 07:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, the heck with the concert, Kelce got a pass to Taylor Swift's back stage.

All that AND he'll get to be the subject of a #1 hit song! What a life!