Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Mallet to be traded

Quote:I could see Mallett having a Derek Anderson kind of career.

That's probably a best case scenario for him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:dude, you're a clown

3 players (one of which I also see as a potential franchise QB) vs just Blake Bortles? Yeah, gimme the 3 player side. 

TROLLOLOLOL!!!!

Not only would you not find a Jaguar fan that would agree with you.

You would have a hard time finding a Texans fan that would find that deal.

I have an idea. Call Jaguars This Week on Thursday night and ask their opinion.

Hell, call any sports radio show in any city in the country and ask the host. You'll be laughed off the phone.

Quote:The third pick of the draft who looks like a stud this preseason vs. A journeyman, a fourth round pick and a guy they gave up a seventh round pick to acquire.

Yes, I like my chances with Bortles.

I dont actually think you believe this.

Just another example of your obvious trolling. Your act. Trying to be a Bayless like shock jock.

Funny, I didn't realize the trade was only Bortles vs. Mallett & Savage. I could have sworn there was someone else in there....

No wonder I'm getting all this flack. Wink

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 11:43 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:TROLLOLOLOL!!!!

Not only would you not find a Jaguar fan that would agree with you.

You would have a hard time finding a Texans fan that would find that deal.

I have an idea. Call Jaguars This Week on Thursday night and ask their opinion.

Hell, call any sports radio show in any city in the country and ask the host. You'll be laughed off the phone.

You realize Clowney is also part of the 3 player side, correct? CORRECT??

I'm as floored as the next guy with how good Blake looked in preseason.....but do people understand that it was only preseason?? We don't know how good he's going to fare vs game planning each week, along with obviously more intricate defensive schemes than he saw in the preseason. 

You wouldn't be laughed off the phone if you were taking the side with Bortles if only Clowney and no one else was part of this trade, let alone adding Mallett/ Savage as the other part. 

Its not as if Clowney hasn't also looked good....and he WAS the number 1 overall pick. The Texans had a chance to select Bortles, and passed, remember that?

Quote:You realize Clowney is also part of the 3 player side, correct? CORRECT??

But a guy who has actually shown that he could possibly be a franchise QB in Bortles is of greater value than 2 big armed QBs with not much else to offer and Clowney.

Quote:I think Mallett in the situation he is in right now (Texans) with that head coach and not much talent at QB blocking him from the starting spot (Fitzpatrick) has a really good chance to finally develop into the franchise QB that I've been propping him to have the potential for. 

You (and others) also realize that theres also this kid named Clowney in the other side of the proposed deal, right? Right??...  He's supposed to be pretty good, so they say.... 

Yes, but I wouldn't trade Bortles for Clowney straight up.  The trade isn't much better adding in two Quarterbacks who are HUGE maybe's.  Who have shown less than the QB I'm trading away.  The position of QB is the most important position in the NFL.  If you don't have one, you're going to find it difficult to complete.  Just look at Houston last year.  Their defense was fantastic.  

You're trading one unknown quantity (that has shown promise) for two unknown quantities (that have shown nothing) and Clowney.  (Which I added into the scenario because Bortles was the Texans 1st round pick.  I probably should've thrown our 4th rounder in there as well. Aaron Colvin)

Imagine someone saying they'd trade Bortles for Clowney, Derek Carr, and Brock Osweiller.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 12:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yes, but I wouldn't trade Bortles for Clowney straight up.  The trade isn't much better adding in two Quarterbacks who are HUGE maybe's.  Who have shown less than the QB I'm trading away.  The position of QB is the most important position in the NFL.  If you don't have one, you're going to find it difficult to complete.  Just look at Houston last year.  Their defense was fantastic.  

You're trading one unknown quantity (that has shown promise) for two unknown quantities (that have shown nothing) and Clowney.  (Which I added into the scenario because Bortles was the Texans 1st round pick.  I probably should've thrown our 4th rounder in there as well. Aaron Colvin)

Imagine someone saying they'd trade Bortles for Clowney, Derek Carr, and Brock Osweiller.

Regarding that top line. You wouldn't but the Texans would, and did, essentially. 

Also, I obviously have a higher opinion on both Mallett and Savage than to rate them equal to Carr/ Osweiller

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 12:04 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:Regarding that top line. You wouldn't but the Texans would, and did, essentially. 

Also, I obviously have a higher opinion on both Mallett and Savage than to rate them equal to Carr/ Osweiller

The texans would.  But Dave Caldwell said that he'd take Bortles over Clowney were they both available.  And I have more trust in Caldwell, than the GM of the Texans.

Good for you having a higher opinion on Mallett than every other team in the league.  I have a higher opinion of Carr than Mallett/Savage personally.  I'm showing you what the trade looks like to the rest of us. 

Quote:You realize Clowney is also part of the 3 player side, correct? CORRECT??

I'm as floored as the next guy with how good Blake looked in preseason.....but do people understand that it was only preseason?? We don't know how good he's going to fare vs game planning each week, along with obviously more intricate defensive schemes than he saw in the preseason. 

You wouldn't be laughed off the phone if you were taking the side with Bortles if only Clowney and no one else was part of this trade, let alone adding Mallett/ Savage as the other part. 

Its not as if Clowney hasn't also looked good....and he WAS the number 1 overall pick. The Texans had a chance to select Bortles, and passed, remember that?

This is hilarious. You watch the NFL right? You do realize how important having a good quarterback is, right? The Rams have the best defensive line in the NFL and what has that gotten them?

Enjoy watching your Texans this year.

Quote:Regarding that top line. You wouldn't but the Texans would, and did, essentially. 

You act as if because Clowney was taken before Bortles, that it was the right move.

Would the Rams trade Greg Robinson for Bortles?

TMD does it ever get tiring propping up garbage players then making excuse after excuse for them when they don't pan out?

These threads are hilarious
Shock the world

Quote:You act as if because Clowney was taken before Bortles, that it was the right move.

Would the Rams trade Greg Robinson for Bortles?

LOL, They just lost their starter for the year......ya think they'd now take Bortles??? Laughing 

I'm not saying that taking Clowney was the right move - thats TBD....but the Texans would likely make the same Clowney decision today with all else being equal. (getting Mallett & Savage later) 

Quote:TMD does it ever get tiring propping up garbage players then making excuse after excuse for them when they don't pan out?

yeah, like Jamaal Charles. 

Quote:This is hilarious. You watch the NFL right? You do realize how important having a good quarterback is, right? The Rams have the best defensive line in the NFL and what has that gotten them?

Enjoy watching your Texans this year.

Obviously I feel the Texans will be getting a good QB in Mallett. 

My Texans?? LOL, what a child. Laughing 

You can't handle opinion you disagree with. 

Quote:yeah, like Jamaal Charles.

So that's a no then? Because some of the stuff you made up in defense of Mallett is hilarious

Quote:So that's a no then? Because some of the stuff you made up in defense of Mallett is hilarious

like?

Quote:like?

That the coaches told him to throw short passes.

And that once the Texans got their guy....which you think is Mallett we may as well give up since we won't win the division.

Quote: 

And that once the Texans got their guy....which you think is Mallett we may as well give up since we won't win the division.

Where in this thread did I say to give up? I dont' even think the Texans will win the division this season. The Colts will. 

But next season's division title chasing just got tougher for the rest of the AFCS. 

Quote:yeah, like Jamaal Charles. 

C'mon man!

You have some good football takes sometimes.  But when you fall for a player, you get ridiculous with it and overvalue them.  And whenever you happen to get one right, you boast about it while ignoring all the times you were wrong.  When people call you out, you just point out to one of the times you happened to be right.  

You have different standards for Jags players and the players you've fallen for.  Everybody else is on a 'prove it' level, while the guys you like are on a "They've proven it" level, even when they haven't.  

Nobody in the league thought Mallett was a franchise caliber guy.  Especially when a 2016 7th conditional 7th rounder was traded for him.  Surely some other team would have thrown a conditional 5th if they thought Mallett could do it.  You're one of the only people left who think he can be something.