Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Mallet to be traded

just reported he'd be held out of the final preseason game. Will find the link I saw in a second.  My guess is the Rams. Also, if Mallet plays well for the Rams or whomever he is traded to I will totally give credit to TMD but only then.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From what I read he's either going to be cut or traded. If he's traded it'll be to some desperate team but his value isn't going to command much:

Quote:On Monday’s edition of PFT Live, Tom Curran of CSNNE.com said he believes that, without a trade, Mallett will be cut.  The possibility that this year’s potential buy-low-sell-lower rookie, Jimmy Garropolo, will play the entirety of the preseason finale suggests that the Pats hope to avoid an injury to Mallett, which could put the team on the hook for his entire base salary of $776,976.

So if Mallett’s going to be cut, how could he have any trade value?  Because Mallett has only three years of service, he’ll have to pass through waivers if he’s released.  For a team relatively low on the pecking order, the only way to get Mallett would be to trade for him.

For the Patriots, anything will be better than nothing.  Ultimately, the only thing they may get is a conditional seventh-round pick.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/one-way-or-other-ryan-mallett-could-be-done-new-england'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/one-way-or-other-ryan-mallett-could-be-done-new-england</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We got any spare ham sandwiches?

Quote:just reported he'd be held out of the final preseason game. Will find the link I saw in a second.  My guess is the Rams. Also, if Mallet plays well for the Rams or whomever he is traded to I will totally give credit to TMD but only then.

before bradford was diagnosed with the ACL, there were reports that the pats were going to play jimmy G for possibly the whole 4th preseason game.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I think a team would just wait until he's cut

If he's cut, I'd absolutely take him over Henne. 

TMD pushes panic button on the possibility of HOU picking up this ham sandwich in.....5......4......3......2......1

I'd rather tebow

He's not very good
;

;

Quote:If he's cut, I'd absolutely take him over Henne. 

Based on what exactly? Playing against backups he should look great but he hasn't...he's looked average against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Quote:We got any spare ham sandwiches?

No, but maybe the Pats will include him and some ham sandwiches to take him. Jags conquering hunger since 95

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 08:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Based on what exactly? Playing against backups he should look great but he hasn't...he's looked average against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

based on the fact that he can actually complete passes past 12 yards. 

Quote:based on the fact that he can actually complete passes past 12 yards. 

When he actually played against the starters of another team. He short armed a 5 yard pass. 

Quote:When he actually played against the starters of another team. He short armed a 5 yard pass. 

When that happens to Mallett its an anomaly.....Henne's consistently dinking and dunking. 

Quote:If he's cut, I'd absolutely take him over Henne.
Yes, because he's shown so much thus far in his career.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:When that happens to Mallett its an anomaly.....Henne's consistently dinking and dunking. 
4.6, 8.4, 4.7, that's his yards per attempt this preseason. Last preseaon he averaged 5.9 on 76 attempts, 2012 it was 4.5 and his rookie season it was 5.7. He sounds like he's been pretty dink in dunk ever sense he's been in the league. He dosen't attack down field.

Quote:4.6, 8.4, 4.7, that's his yards per attempt this preseason. Last preseaon he averaged 5.9 on 76 attempts, 2012 it was 4.5 and his rookie season it was 5.7. He sounds like he's been pretty dink in dunk ever sense he's been in the league. He dosen't attack down field.

Yeah, but that's an anomaly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Yeah, but that's an anomaly.

I've presented him with evidence that clearly suggests it's not an anomaly. We shall see.

Quote:I've presented him with evidence that clearly suggests it's not an anomaly. We shall see.

That must have been the word of the day on his calendar.

Mallet did average 8.8 in college but it just never translated.