Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

Quote:You said the secondary was decent when Caldwell took over and it wasn't. Landry was terrible. Cyprien has been a clear upgrade. Cox was worse with injuries than Shorts and was a free agent. Aaron Ross was god awful. Not sure what you are complaining about there.

Lowery and Landry where serviceable, Mathis still had some tread left on him, Rutland was about as good of a role player as anyone else we have. Heck out of the entire secondary Caldwell kept Prosinski of all people.........

Say you still drafted Cyp and Gratz fine, if we didn't have to waste roster spots on guys like Winston, Ball and Blackman (Journeymen signed because we gutted the secondary) we could've focused on the front 7 or the offensive line.

It was creating more holes when we already had enough work to do. 

The proof is in it today, we're still suffering in the secondary and haven't fixed anything in the front 7 because we're so busy trying to patch the secondary. 

It was replacing garbage with garbage and a waste of time. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe San Diego adjusted at half, and focused mainly on taking that away? IDK for sure, but I'd say that had something to do with it.

Plus, it looked like their pressure was getting to BB much quicker in the 2nd half on many more plays, forcing quicker decisions.

Possible seemed like we where calling 10x the screens in the second half, maybe it was Bortles just checking down? 

He kept Lowery. Lowery started last year until he got injured...again.

And Kevin Rutland was such a good role player he's been out of the league for two years.

I don't know, guys...  I think I'll just go to bed before I say anything I might regret...

But I will stick with my theme...  The OC is garbage.

Good night all!

Go Jaguars!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 09:29 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:Possible seemed like we where calling 10x the screens in the second half, maybe it was Bortles just checking down?

I think BB was checking down and getting the ball out quickly. To me, it looked like San Diego's pressure was getting there faster and more often in the 2nd half. Maybe that's why there were more screens called too,, to combat the pressure? Idk

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 09:46 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:They've been given ample amount of time to present something that resembles an NFL team on the field

No coaches should be allowed to stay the course on a defense that is 32nd in nearly every ranking.

They have to do something about this, and moving around a few players isn't going to fix it. Something has to be done because this staff should not be in charge of this team if this defense stays the way it is all season.
So do you feel firing the coach and starting over in the off-season is the what should be done? I'm really asking because I am a person who thinks consistency is the key. I would hate to bring in a new coach only to bring in new players and install a new scheme to do it all over again a year and a half later. That's what makes the raiders the raiders. At some point you have to buckle in, take your lumps and build the thing from the ground up. 

But I digress. I am curious to know what you feel is the plan of action that should be taken? 

Quote:He kept Lowery. Lowery started last year until he got injured...again.

And Kevin Rutland was such a good role player he's been out of the league for two years.

Couldn't possibly be worse then the secondary we are fielding right now.

Quote:Couldn't possibly be worse then the secondary we are fielding right now.

Actually he could be.

I get your frustration. I'm frustrated too.

There are plenty of things we can complain about. The team getting rid of Dawan Landry, Derek Cox, Aaron Ross and Kevin Rutland is not one of them.

Quote:So do you feel firing the coach and starting over in the off-season is the what should be down? I'm really asking because I am a person who thinks consistency is the key. I would hate to bring in a new coach only to bring in new players and install a new scheme to do it all over again a year and a half later. That what makes the raiders the raiders. At some point you have to buckle in, take your lumps and build the thing from the ground up.

But I digress. I am curious to know what you feel is the plan of action that should be taken?

With how poorly we are playing coverage, im not sure i want this staff coaching our guys another couple of years.....

Quote:Lowery and Landry where serviceable, Mathis still had some tread left on him, Rutland was about as good of a role player as anyone else we have. Heck out of the entire secondary Caldwell kept Prosinski of all people.........

Say you still drafted Cyp and Gratz fine, if we didn't have to waste roster spots on guys like Winston, Ball and Blackman (Journeymen signed because we gutted the secondary) we could've focused on the front 7 or the offensive line.

It was creating more holes when we already had enough work to do. 

The proof is in it today, we're still suffering in the secondary and haven't fixed anything in the front 7 because we're so busy trying to patch the secondary. 

It was replacing garbage with garbage and a waste of time. 
Naw that secondary was just as bad, we just have some upside on it this time around. They where giving up 400 yard games and 96% completions games left and right. It was time to just gut it and rebuild. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 09:31 PM by Flame.)

I hate to be a hater on Gus, but the play on the field has to change soon. If we keep playing like this all season, should we look to get Jim Harbaugh?

2015?

Quote:Actually he could be.

I get your frustration. I'm frustrated too.

There are plenty of things we can complain about. The team getting rid of Dawan Landry, Derek Cox, Aaron Ross and Kevin Rutland is not one of them.

It's splitting hairs, I just have to "let it go, let it go" (channeling the inner frozen theme song)...............

Quote:With how poorly we are playing coverage, im not sure i want this staff coaching our guys another couple of years.....
If thats how you feel cool. Just wonder if you are in it to let the next regime cut all these guys, draft their own guys and start over again. I mean that what the next coach need to do since our guys are that bad right? 

Quote:If thats how you feel cool. Just wonder if you are in it to let the next regime cut all these guys, draft their own guys and start over again. I mean that what the next coach need to do since our guys are that bad right? 

I'd give up, I don't think I can take another one of these total rebuilds so quick. 

Quote:I'd give up, I don't think I can take another one of these total rebuilds so quick. 
Lol that's my reasoning. At some point you just have to stick it out. If we fire this GM and coach it just starts all over again at square one. We are currently at square two lol. I'm frustrated too but to say we aren't seeing some type of progress from last year is just not true. The team is pointing up we just have to let the time go by. Gus had no body to build around when he took over. Even Jack had some players to work with and add to. Gus inherited Lewis and Poz. We have to use perspective here. The fact that we are looked some what like a team today is a positive as hard as it is to believe. 

Quote:Lol that's my reasoning. At some point you just have to stick it out. If we fire this GM and coach it just starts all over again at square one. We are currently at square two lol. I'm frustrated too but to say we aren't seeing some type of progress from last year is just not true. The team is pointing up we just have to let the time go by. Gus had no body to build around when he took over. Even Jack had some players to work with and add to. Gus inherited Lewis and Poz. We have to use perspective here. The fact that we are looked some what like a team today is a positive as hard as it is to believe. 

We just have to win more then 4 games, that's all I need from Gus this year. Win me 5 games or more Gus. But damn it next year we better be playing for the division or I'll be one of the loudest screaming to move on. 

Quote:We just have to win more then 4 games, that's all I need from Gus this year. Win me 5 games or more Gus. But damn it next year we better be playing for the division or I'll be one of the loudest screaming to move on. 
That I can't argue with. I personally feel 6 games should be won to call this year a win but I realize it just doesn't work like that. We may win 2 this year then everybody grows up next year and we win 11. This is a young team. And that's the good part about it. It's not sucky veterans but to much youth. 

When I see Gus on the sidelines, I feel like I am looking at a guy in over his head.

I don't think anyone is advocating firing Caldwell and Bradley. But if the season does not take a drastic turn, changes will be needed. Bradley will be the one gone.

What's funny is the people of the board seemed to suddenly expect us to have this fantastical season after doing a complete roster re-boot from virtually the ground up. Obviously none of us like where we are but the one thing that I saw in this game that was later confirmed was that between this game and last week, there was improvement. 

Soon we won't have to worry about these things. I'm glad about the direction we are going and am just settling for the long haul. I think with the upcoming draft we try to score a DE and CB and really continue to add into our defense and we'll be alright. 

Quote:If thats how you feel cool. Just wonder if you are in it to let the next regime cut all these guys, draft their own guys and start over again. I mean that what the next coach need to do since our guys are that bad right?

I dont think our roster is that bad. We cant possibly be lacking talent THAT much. When you move around the deck chairs, and the result is the same or worse, it's probably coaching. A new staff doesnt mean purging the roster, especially when it's filled with a bunch of 23 year olds