Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

Smiley Gus has done nothing that would remotely resemble Seattle. The D is experienced. They are the weakest link.

With offsides, poor tackling, big plays given up...every game so far and another 30+ point game , something is clearly wrong.

Is it coaching? Can someone give some insight? SMH is all I can do.

With that D and the porous OLine, the season is going downhill in a hurry.

Tampa went to Pittsburgh, played with pride and pulled one out. Something this team lacks.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gus is 4-16
;

;

Gus: "we need to concentrate on doing what we do well".

Fisch proceeds to completely change up the second half play calling. Short passes and predictable runs on 3rd/4th and short.

Come on man, have some more Gus juice. This coaching staff is a joke. It's bad when the fans know your play calling is crap.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

It's been time.  2 off seasons and they've done nothing with making players better and the schemes suck.  Dave Caldwell isn't helping either.  Who has he added aside from Bortles that's a bright spot?

I think he is going to fail in his acquisitions more than an average GM.

When the team plays competitive in the first half, then falls flat in the second half, that tells you two things. The opposing team is making good adjustments, and your staff isnt

absolutely

Yeah, Gus has a lot of improvements to make in too many areas.

The talent level at certain spots is there but not nearly enough.  The coverage on defense is at the point where it's too difficult to even watch.  It's like watching Henne at QB only the answer ISN'T on the bench in this case.

But we have great Culture don't we??????????

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 07:42 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Gus: "we need to concentrate on doing what we do well".

Fisch proceeds to completely change up the second half play calling. Short passes and predictable runs on 3rd/4th and short.

Tin hats out. Someone from the top wants us to lose, but gives us a glimmer of hope each game to make it not obvious. Pools and big screens are a distraction and a drop in the bucket compared to the potential profits this team could make elsewhere. It's all coming together now Ninja

Quote:When the team plays competitive in the first half, then falls flat in the second half, that tells you two things. The opposing team is making good adjustments, and your staff isnt
No doubt true... but keep this in mind; our offense is almost completely composed of rookies. They don't have that much knowledge or experience with this playbook so the number and type plays that can realistically be called is limited. I do think that the play calling could have been better on offense and defense, but we are a team with a very high percentage of rookies... it is what it is.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Tin hats out. Someone from the top wants us to lose, but gives us a glimmer of hope each game to make it not obvious. Pools and big screens are a distraction and a drop in the bucket compared to the potential profits this team could make elsewhere. It's all coming together now Ninja
my thoughts exactly...

conspiracy theorist rule!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

He has been awful so far.  Can't even keep a team below 30.

Can someone explain how the guy who actually calls the defense escapes the boards wrath but the OC and Head Coach get crucified, yeah I get Bradley came from Seattle and his defense there was very good but again he doesn't call the plays on defense, and IIRC a Chicago fan came on here when we first hired Babich and said that it was a bad hire then
A good loser is a good loser

Ok baffled we completely stopped going down field in the 2nd half
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Gus is a good guy but has shown little reason for us to believe he knows what he is doing. He is 4-16 and most of the losses have been blowouts. The team isn't losing, they are being embarrassed on a weekly basis. He is supposedly a defense coach but his defense is likely the worst in the league.

I think they need to look at what worked in the first half, and keep doing that.  And then look at what happened in the second half, and stop doing that.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

What I did not like was the first decision to go on fourth down at about the fifty yard line. You don't make that call that early in the game and especially when Rivers is the apposing quarterback. Then to run out the clock at the end of the half when the Chargers get the ball coming out was don't make a mistake football! The secondary is killing this team and makes it impassable to get off the field. It did not matter if it was third and three or third and fifteen the results was a first down. It also seems that after the half the team is always out coached, but with the secondary It may just be impossible to compete with any coaching staff after adjustments.

Quote:Gus is 4-16

With many many of those losses being blowouts.

This is a really bad sign, esp for a defensive minded coach.

I do like Gus, but I am beginning to wonder about him as a head coach.

We can only hope that BB is the change that this team needs to become more competitive and actually have a chance to win some games in the near future.

I am really looking forward to the next home game against the Steelers.

Will BB give the Jags a chance to win the game?

Will the D play better?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Gus is a good guy but has shown little reason for us to believe he knows what he is doing. He is 4-16 and most of the losses have been blowouts. The team isn't losing, they are being embarrassed on a weekly basis. He is supposedly a defense coach but his defense is likely the worst in the league.

The consistent blowouts are alarming, you rarerly see that in the NFL, let a lone every week.