Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

Quote:That I can't argue with. I personally feel 6 games should be won to call this year a win but I realize it just doesn't work like that. We may win 2 this year then everybody grows up next year and we win 11. This is a young team. And that's the good part about it. It's not sucky veterans but to much youth.

I dont see where you find 4, let alone 6 wins the rest of the way. We got blown out by washington. And if this team goes winless the next few weeks, i get the feeling it'll be tougher to keep guys from quitting than last year

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What's funny is the people of the board seemed to suddenly expect us to have this fantastical season after doing a complete roster re-boot from virtually the ground up. Obviously none of us like where we are but the one thing that I saw in this game that was later confirmed was that between this game and last week, there was improvement. 

Soon we won't have to worry about these things. I'm glad about the direction we are going and am just settling for the long haul. I think with the upcoming draft we try to score a DE and CB and really continue to add into our defense and we'll be alright. 
Thats it. Just settle in and enjoy the ride. This team will improve and it will click. This is how you rebuild but you have to stick out the losing first. It's okay. It humbles us as a fan and make us realize how decent Garrard was lol. How solid Rasheen was. Lets just enjoy this thing getting built. 

Quote:What's funny is the people of the board seemed to suddenly expect us to have this fantastical season after doing a complete roster re-boot from virtually the ground up. Obviously none of us like where we are but the one thing that I saw in this game that was later confirmed was that between this game and last week, there was improvement. 

Soon we won't have to worry about these things. I'm glad about the direction we are going and am just settling for the long haul. I think with the upcoming draft we try to score a DE and CB and really continue to add into our defense and we'll be alright. 

I think people expected improvement and competency. Neither of which we have seen this year.

Worst thing is gus tries to paint a pretty picture out of this dumpster fire. "I thought we got better today. We tackled well."

Well im glad you're satisfied gus!

We're so bad it's hard to evaluate. How are we able to tell whether the mistakes are "growing pains" or just bad coaching/preparation?

Quote:I dont think our roster is that bad. We cant possibly be lacking talent THAT much. When you move around the deck chairs, and the result is the same or worse, it's probably coaching. A new staff doesnt mean purging the roster, especially when it's filled with a bunch of 23 year olds
So we can agree we have talent but the are just young. Then we need to give them time to learn and play huh? It goes both ways. You said it yourself, its filled with 23 year olds. Lets see what gus can do when he has a bunch or 3 year veteran 25-26 year olds. 

And when a new regime takes over that what happens. They evaluate what they have, cut the bad ones and keep the new ones. Very few coaching changes happen when the roster is stacked. This is what a true rebuild looks like not that re-patching Gene did horribly at. 

Why not tell me who Gus inherited to help carry this team while he and Bradley built this roster up? 

Quote:I dont see where you find 4, let alone 6 wins the rest of the way. We got blown out by washington. And if this team goes winless the next few weeks, i get the feeling it'll be tougher to keep guys from quitting than last year
I personally don't see it either but a young team gets better as the season progresses. We also played the whole month of September on the road. That's hard on any team. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 10:10 PM by SuperJville.)

Knighton and Daryl Smith on defense sure would've helped.

Monroe on offense that we traded for a 4th and 5th.

All players that would arguably still be the best players on our team.  If not the best, they would definitely be among the leaders, probable captains.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Knighton and Daryl Smith on defense sure would've helped.

Knighton, yes. Smith is exactly what we have now. Good against the run but cannot cover.

Quote:Knighton and Daryl Smith on defense sure would've helped.
Zach Miller and Forsett would have too right? Those guys weren't playing like that when they were here. Knighton sure wasn't and Smith might have helped but how long to you hold on to Daryl. He was 31. Does he keep it up next year? Do we give him a six year deal at age 31. I can't blame a new regime wanting to build with their own players. 

If they were not given the go ahead to do this, I'm sure they would have held on to a few veterans. They didn't so that tells me Khan is fine with this. He's looking 4-5 years out not right now. We as fans can be upset about it but that is whats happening. It ain't changing

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 10:10 PM by Jagwired'd.)

Quote:So do you feel firing the coach and starting over in the off-season is the what should be done? I'm really asking because I am a person who thinks consistency is the key. I would hate to bring in a new coach only to bring in new players and install a new scheme to do it all over again a year and a half later. That's what makes the raiders the raiders. At some point you have to buckle in, take your lumps and build the thing from the ground up. 

But I digress. I am curious to know what you feel is the plan of action that should be taken? 
You need to bring in a veteran player to play in the secondary. There are plenty to choose from, try them out and pick up the one with the most left in the tank.

Also, you don't need to gut a team to rebuild it. That was the mistake Caldwell made when he first got here. You don't need to blow everything up and take your lumps. He had plenty of cap space to sign the guys that he did without having to completely rid of stopgap players

This "lump" you're referring to is HISTORICALLY BAD. FOR A SECOND SEASON IN A ROW. Not only is that unprecedented but this is the type of bad play that Eagles fans would burn houses down over.

It's bad enough people don't go to the games. It's even worse when the team they're expected to go support is once again off to a historically bad start.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:You need to bring in a veteran player to play in the secondary. There are plenty to choose from, try them out and pick up the one with the most left in the tank.

Also, you don't need to gut a team to rebuild it. That was the mistake Caldwell made when he first got here. You don't need to blow everything up and take your lumps. He had plenty of cap space to sign the guys that he did without having to completely rid of stopgap players

This "lump" you're referring to his HISTORICALLY BAD. FOR A SECOND SEASON IN A ROW. Not only is that unprecedented but this is the type of bad play that Eagles fans would burn houses down over.

It's bad enough people don't go to the games. It's even worse when the team they're expected to go support is once again off to a historically bad start.

At least the fans stopped being the butts of most of the jokes.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 10:14 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:You need to bring in a veteran player to play in the secondary. There are plenty to choose from, try them out and pick up the one with the most left in the tank.

This "lump" you're referring to his HISTORICALLY BAD. FOR A SECOND SEASON IN A ROW. Not only is that unprecedented but this is the type of bad play that Eagles fans would burn houses down over.

This sounds like a fans pride being hurt right now. I agree but guess what, when we had a veteran defense we still went 5-11 in 2011 and 2-14 in 2012 lol. They weren't that good either. Are those veterans you are referring to keeping? It just takes time. 2 off seasons just ain't enough. You can disagree but its the truth. 

I think they did bring in Marcus Trufant, Alan Ball and Will Blackmon right? It's veterans back there we just got to get better talent wise and assignment wise. 

How is 2 offseasons enough for other teams?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 10:16 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:How is 2 offseasons enough for other teams?
What teams are you referring to exactly? I am definitely game to speak on any other team. 

Quote:This sounds like a fans pride being hurt right now. I agree but guess what, when we had a veteran defense we still went 5-11 in 2011 and 2-14 in 2012 lol. They weren't that good either. Are those veterans you are referring to keeping? It just takes time. 2 off seasons just ain't enough. You can disagree but its the truth. 

I think they did bring in Marcus Trufant, Alan Ball and Will Blackmon right? It's veterans back there we just got to get better talent wise and assignment wise. 
We also had a bad QB. Are we going to keep alternating between bad QB play and bad defense? Of course that's not ideal.

2 offseasons is more than enough. I've already posted in a thread last week proving that two offseasons is more than enough to field a competitive team. Not a winning team, a competitive team.

This delusion that it takes 4 years to build a competitive team makes it frustrating to converse with some Jags fans.

Quote:We also had a bad QB. Are we going to keep alternating between bad QB play and bad defense? Of course that's not ideal.

2 offseasons is more than enough. I've already posted in a thread last week proving that two offseasons is more than enough to field a competitive team. Not a winning team, a competitive team.

This delusion that it takes 4 years to build a competitive team makes it frustrating to converse with some Jags fans.
I'll ask what teams you are referring to who rebuilt their whole roster in 2 years top to bottom? 

Quote:I'll ask what teams you are referring to who rebuilt their whole roster in 2 years top to bottom? 

All he said was that the team should be competitive. Do you disagree?

There's a team in our own division that went from worst to first in our division just by adding Andrew Luck.

Nobody is saying we should be making the playoffs, but we need to be competitive.   Win a game now and then you know.

Quote:I'll ask what teams you are referring to who rebuilt their whole roster in 2 years top to bottom? 
The Panthers are one.

I'll ask you, what team do you know has ever put itself in a position like that in the first place?

I'll give you a hint: The GM that put us here, is still working for this team.