Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

Quote:Anyone missing JDR and Shack Harris?

I kinda said it jokingly before.... I think mularkey got a raw deal in hindsight.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:46 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:But they still just had competition between castaways and draft picks the last few offseasons across the board in the secondary and at linebacker. Did we expect the result of those competitions to yield quality play?
I figured we would weed out bad players find a few gems and build around them going forward. I just understand that this team is horrible and was decimated by almost 10 years of bad drafting. We are the new lions.

I just recently moved to Texas and asked a guy about his perception of the jags. He said he sees us like the old begals or lions. Do you understand that. He has no idea who Hurns is. Lol come on a undrafted rookie wideout is our best receiver. Our team is trash and has been trash for a long time now.

I cannot fault Gus and Caldwell for taking on this challenege. Instead of complaining about this y'all should be happy they even wanted to take on the challenege. Gus could have gone else where if he wanted.

We suck period and have for a long time. I think we finnaly have some people in here who are committed to building it and getting it right.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:45 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:You are inventing your own argument

This is true

People can say what they want about Del Rio. But the team was in playoff contention in 6 of his 9 seasons. Of course they choked it away in four of them. But they were never this bad.
;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:54 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:People can say what they want about Del Rio. But the team was in playoff contention in 6 of his 9 seasons. Of course they choked it away in four of them. But they were never this bad.

They did inherite Henderson, Stroud, measter, Taylor, Smith and Garrard though to build around.

Quote:I'll ask what teams you are referring to who rebuilt their whole roster in 2 years top to bottom? 

Panthers. Dolphins. Colts.

Quote:Panthers. Dolphins. Colts.

Colts and Panthers have been talked about already. Are you talking about the one year wonder dolphins when Tom Brady was hurt.

I appreciate your optimism. I really do. But this team is awful right now. I've watched every Jaguar game and this 20 game stretch has been worse than any stretch I can remember. Even worse than an expansion season.
;

;

Garrard was never a bad QB. He had the team competitive with garbage WR after garbage WR. I wish we would have started him before 07. Those early Del Rio years could have been different, Garrard got them into the playoffs in 05 too remember. The team really peaked around Leftwich .
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Fisch sucks but I give him a break we were in control of this game before the defense gave up 2 easy TD's before stepping back on the field again with any time left.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I appreciate your optimism. I really do. But this team is awful right now. I've watched every Jaguar game and this 20 game stretch has been worse than any stretch I can remember. Even worse than an expansion season.

I feel you but a competitive 2-14 or getting blown out and being 2-14 is the same to me. I know this team sucks. I'm just saying it sucked before Gus and Co got here.

Gus likes to break the season into quarters. We didn't have a very good one.

Hell NO... Just because our current coach needs to tighten up doesn't mean we miss them jerkweeds.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Gus will give the team a vacation around week 8 and let them take some time off like last year. They'll all meet up in Miami and play for a few hours since they don't have a bye week, but it shouldn't matter too much. The season will begin after week 8, and we'll be looking good for next year to win the AFC South. *takes a sip of teal kool-aid* 

2015?

Quote:About Toby or KT?

Kelvin Taylor.  I mean, come on.  He's just been average to below average in the SEC.  He's much like most of our current roster, 'just a guy' so maybe he would fit right in.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 07:15 AM by StAugJagsFan.)

Quote:Gus: "we need to concentrate on doing what we do well".

Fisch proceeds to completely change up the second half play calling. Short passes and predictable runs on 3rd/4th and short.

Quote:Gus: "we need to concentrate on doing what we do well".

Fisch proceeds to completely change up the second half play calling. Short passes and predictable runs on 3rd/4th and short.

It seemed like he kept him from throwing down field after his first interception....

DO YOUR JOB....! & Together We Will... Bonehead...!

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 08:35 AM by Ringo.)

Found in the lockers of Bryant, Clemmons and Hood...

Postcards...

Hey guys. Enjoy your " nice paid vacation" down there in Duval. Do your time and get the hell out of there.

Worked for me.

Aaron Ross
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Learn what straw man means before you use a term. My point was made in the post. We've played 20 games since Caldwell took over a 2-14 roster with no all pro players and were 32nd in all  rankings but 20 games later we should be top 13. In all categories. 

I know when to call strawman when I see one.

Nobody is arguing that we should be elite or that we should be in the playoffs.  That is the false argument YOU have built up to argue against it.  (Strawman)....

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I actually think Bryant has been solid.

Clemons has been bad. 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:It's been time.  2 off seasons and they've done nothing with making players better and the schemes suck.  Dave Caldwell isn't helping either.  Who has he added aside from Bortles that's a bright spot?

I think he is going to fail in his acquisitions more than an average GM.
Hurns, Cyprien, Robinson..... If you expect him to hit on every selection, you're kidding yourself.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana