Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 12:38 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:If the Jags are targeting someone on a playoff team, they aren't targeting an existing OC. Unless there is a former NFL OC now acting as a position coach on one of the playoff teams, this speculation points to the Jags getting another unproven OC prospect.

I'm hoping the reason the Jags haven't interviewed an OC is that Trestman is already lined up and only waiting to be sure he doesn't get a head coaching offer.
It could be someone like Carl Smith of the Seahawks or Greg Knapp of the Broncos. Both with previous successful OC experience.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 12:40 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Why? Houston QBs haven't exactly shown any development this past year. Do you think the Jags really want a guy who didn't correct Bortles mechanics when he had the chance at UCF?

I have no clue why Ryan O suggested him and I'm indifferent of the guy either way but let's be fair. He was his coach during his redshirt year. He didn't have much influence at all on developing Bortles.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I have no clue why Ryan O suggested him and I'm indifferent of the guy either way but let's be fair. He was his coach during his redshirt year. He didn't have much influence at all on developing Bortles.

His redshirt year would have been the ideal time to correct his mechanics. There would be no chance to fall back into bad habits while trying to win a game like what has apparently happened this season.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:It could be someone like Carl Smith of the Seahawks or Greg Knapp of the Broncos. Both with previous successful OC experience.

Carl Smith was terrible at New Orleans. I thought he did an OK job here, but he was fired by JDR. Presumably JDR had a good reason to fire a close personal friend. I wouldn't call that successful.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 12:57 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:His redshirt year would have been the ideal time to correct his mechanics. There would be no chance to fall back into bad habits while trying to win a game like what has apparently happened this season.

Did you expect the guy to turn a 3 star recruit fresh out of high school into a perfectly sound QB in 6 months? I sure hope not.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 01:12 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Carl Smith was terrible at New Orleans. I thought he did an OK job here, but he was fired by JDR. Presumably JDR had a good reason to fire a close personal friend. I wouldn't call that successful.
JDR fired all of his OC's. Eventually it became evident that it wasn't the coordinators with the issues. That's not a good measuring stick in my book.

During his tenure he had the 12th and 9th ranked scoring offense and a playoff birth to boot. That was with a smattering of Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, and Mattloaf as his starting wideouts and Leftwich/Garrard at QB. Pretty good if you ask me.

Interesting

I've said it a million times already but please greg knapp!

If its anyone that isn't a proven OC I'm out

Quote:If its anyone that isn't a proven OC I'm out

Bye

Quote:It could be someone like Carl Smith of the Seahawks or Greg Knapp of the Broncos. Both with previous successful OC experience.

Carl Smith...lol

;

;

Since it does not appear the Jaguars have interviewed anyone for the OC position (Tampa just interviewed Trestman), it appears the Jaguars are targeting someone on a team still in the playoffs.

Apologies if this is redundant.

If this has not been posted before...

Greg Knapp

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coache...1c05cdd9f6

Clyde Christensen

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches/Clyde-...57521cd289

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I am suprised that many teams whom fired their Head Coach havent hired anyone yet. 

Whom do you feel is most likely Gus's new OC?

Quote:JDR fired all of his OC's. Eventually it became evident that it wasn't the coordinators with the issues. That's not a good measuring stick in my book.

During his tenure he had the 12th and 9th ranked scoring offense and a playoff birth to boot. That was with a smattering of Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, and Mattloaf as his starting wideouts and Leftwich/Garrard at QB. Pretty good if you ask me.
Jack Del Rio currently has the Broncos Defense as the #3 overall during regular season.  He has been interviewed for the Raiders Head Coaching position.

He is a good coach, but Coughlin was way better in Jaguars History and today.

Great coach, Good Coach, Horrible Coach (Mularkey), so far horrible record coach in Gus - but at least the players, media, and most fans all love the guy (I think he's a great guy not sure about coaching part yet... need to see wins next year)

If I'm not mistaken, if Knapp was on our radar, we could have interviewed him given that they are on bye this week (same reason JDR has been able to talk to people for HC position). That we didn't reach out to him during this bye (and now means we have to wait until the Broncos are eliminated) means its likely not the case. So we can probably realistically eliminate coaching staff from the 4 teams with playoff bye: Pats, Packs, Broncos, and Seahawks

Probably a QB/WR coach on a current playoff team.

Quote:If I'm not mistaken, if Knapp was on our radar, we could have interviewed him given that they are on bye this week (same reason JDR has been able to talk to people for HC position). That we didn't reach out to him during this bye (and now means we have to wait until the Broncos are eliminated) means its likely not the case. So we can probably realistically eliminate coaching staff from the 4 teams with playoff bye: Pats, Packs, Broncos, and Seahawks

I think you can only interview assistant coaches on playoff teams only if its for a HC promotion. Any other promotions (ie. QB coach to OC) are off limits.

Quote:Since it does not appear the Jaguars have interviewed anyone for the OC position (Tampa just interviewed Trestman), it appears the Jaguars are targeting someone on a team still in the playoffs.

Apologies if this is redundant.

If this has not been posted before...

Greg Knapp

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coache...1c05cdd9f6

Clyde Christensen

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches/Clyde-...57521cd289

Could be Rick Dennison also

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/topics/rick-dennison.htm

;

;

Quote:Could be Rick Dennison also

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/topics/rick-dennison.htm
I thought I posted that earlier, which is why I did not include him here.

If not, my apologies and good work.

I just hope whomever they hire can develop Bortles properly and put the guys in a position to succeed.

I would hate to have the board conversation two years from now about firing the new OC, needing another QB, etc.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:If its anyone that isn't a proven OC I'm out

:verymad:

How will we know which empty chair is yours in the stadium next season?