Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

Quote:From Ryan O.
Good....no need to rush

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The source told the Times-Union the Jaguars are “a way’s away,” from making a hire and the process could stretch into later this month when the team is coaching at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

I would think if anything it would have to do with interviewing coaches still in the playoffs.

I got a feeling we will take the "jaguar route" and they hire some bum nobody has heard of before.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I got a feeling we will take the "jaguar route" and they hire some bum nobody has heard of before.

Most of us refer to any dealings with bums as the "jaguarmvp" route.

Quote:Most of us refer to any dealings with bums as the "jaguarmvp" route.
A tad bit Ad Hominem don't you think?

Quote:Most of us refer to any dealings with bums as the "jaguarmvp" route.
I doubt it.  Only in your blind homer little click.  I can't remember the last time the Jags have hired a proven name.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I doubt it. Only in your blind homer little click. I can't remember the last time the Jags have hired a proven name.

How can you hear my click over the internet? I'm on a waiting list to get that fixed, chill out.

Quote:I doubt it.  Only in your blind homer little click.  I can't remember the last time the Jags have hired a proven name.

Mike Tice.

(maybe Sullivan counts here)

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Outside one, Clyde Christensen? QB Coach for the Colts worked with Manning & Luck has done wonders with Luck, has playcalling experience from his time at TB and we get to steal him from the clots, its win win and win Smile

Quote:I doubt it.  Only in your blind homer little click.  I can't remember the last time the Jags have hired a proven name.

Interesting how this conversation evolved over the years.

The Jaguars fan base basically had a pep rally when JDR was hired.

Nevermind that he only had six years of coaching generally and only one as a coordinator at the time the Jaguars hired him.

He wasn't TC, and the ladies found him good looking, and he declared no more three yards and a cloud of dust. 

That was all that mattered. 

Credentials certainly didn't (except when Cochran and Mehri threatened to sue the NFL for employment discrimination; then the fans were concerned with merit).

Now fans want proven names.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Outside one, Clyde Christensen? QB Coach for the Colts worked with Manning & Luck has done wonders with Luck, has playcalling experience from his time at TB and we get to steal him from the clots, its win win and win [Image: smile.png]

THIS 

904's FINEST

Todd Wash

Quote:Interesting how this conversation evolved over the years.

Nevermind that he only had six years of coaching generally and only one as a coordinator at the time the Jaguars hired him.

He wasn't TC, and the ladies found him good looking, and he declared no more three yards and a cloud of dust. 

Credentials certainly didn't (except when Cochran and Mehri threatened to sue the NFL for employment discrimination; then the fans were concerned with merit).

I viewed JDR as more of a popularity hire than an actual merit hire. JDR was in some ways the 'anti TC'. Tom was disliked by the media and he (Tom) made it clear that he could care less if they 'liked' him or not. TC is/was definitely 'old school' in that regard. JDR on the other hand made himself a media 'darling'; he had that 'Mr. Incredible' look, he was referred to as a 'players coach' due to his easy going style with the players, and he was happy to talk to the media. He was 'their' kind'a guy. Only problem is... he didn't actually do much here except to ride on the work of TC for a couple of years; after that, it all started going down hill... fast.

Maybe it's just because I myself am 'old school' and tend to judge all coaches by the standard of Vince Lombardi. I preferred what we had in TC far more than to any coach we've had since him...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

in all fairness i think Trestman goes to Tampa so he can use the #1 pick on Mariota. [Image: verymad.gif]

If they ask why I act this way..just tell'em I'm from..

[Image: below-model-jax-2013.jpg]

DUUUUUUUVVVVAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

I think Jameis will go #1 overall.

Hopefully Trestman or Roman come here.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I think Jameis will go #1 overall.

Hopefully Trestman or Roman come here.
[Image: woot.gif]

[Image: ducksdagger.0.gif]

What's your point?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Let's go get Scott Frost (OC - Oregon)

Quote:Interesting how this conversation evolved over the years.

While I agree that it's interesting, it is understandable. Fans want to watch wins and they want what they think will garner that. Sometimes it's "names", other times it's "style".

Personally, I found great relief when I finally came to grips with the idea that regardless of whose skills I wanted the organization to acquire, it really was not up to me so my worrying about it affected no one other than myself and those poor souls who were subjected to my endless ponderings.

While I am no defeatist, I do accept that whether or not I get my wish granted has very little to do with the decisions being made. I'm better suited to simply watch and observe the outcome.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:What's your point?
That you're clearly not very bright? [Image: no.gif]

Or an FSU fan.

Maybe both! [Image: turned.gif]