Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

Quote:They're going to hire a woman.

TMD doesn't have the time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I honestly don't know enough about many coordinators to say who is a good or bad hire.  I would hope they hire someone with a proven record instead of the new guy you hope would be a good coordinator. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

What about Rob Chuzinski?
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:What about Rob Chuzinski?

Lol

Koetter signed with the Bucs

Dirk is like an older version of Jedd Fisch.

Trestman will be good in CFL. If Blake wants to win Grey Cup we need Trestman to be here

Quote:Lol

Sorry didn't realize you were the Bill Parcells of this message board.
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:No matter who they hire, I'm going to hate it.

I'm on record: Coach X is terrible and needs to be fired. I can't believe Caldwell and Gus picked that guy, he's awful! Fire X now!!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I honestly don't know enough about many coordinators to say who is a good or bad hire.  I would hope they hire someone with a proven record instead of the new guy you hope would be a good coordinator. 

Now, come on. You're not playing along. You're supposed to have an opinion even if you've never heard of the guy. Then you can change it later should he be hired.

And we'll all forget who said what in two weeks any way.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Well Koetter is heading to the Bucs so Trestman is still a real option.

Quote:Well Koetter is heading to the Bucs so Trestman is still a real option.

I thought someone on this board said someone tweeted we might not be into Trestman? Maybe they are eyeing someone in the playoffs?

Quote:I thought someone on this board said someone tweeted we might not be into Trestman? Maybe they are eyeing someone in the playoffs?

Its all speculation. That tweet is from someone at NFL.com notorious for throwing around fluff.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Pretty good read on trestmans offensive scheme. Article from a year agohttp://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/1/...st-offense

Quote:Well Koetter is heading to the Bucs so Trestman is still a real option.

LOL, Koetter to the bucs, looks like we dodged a bullet---This time.  Glad to know we won't make that mistake again...  And the bucs took one square between the eyes.

Quote:Pretty good read on trestmans offensive scheme. Article from a year ago<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/1/16/3885086/bears-playbook-marc-trestmans-passing-west-coast-offense'>http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/1/16/3885086/bears-playbook-marc-trestmans-passing-west-coast-offense</a>

Hopefully we will finally see some cohesion in the offense. Combinations other then a simple slant with another slant right behind it? Check please.

Reading the article it seems he follows along the same mind set as GreenBay just not quite as vertical. They tend to favor trips WR and quick combination routes as well.

Im not expecting a bunch of deep passing like Green Bay as Chicago loved hitting the intermediate 10-20 yard range with more strike type throws vs soft leading throws out in GB.

This to me will favor bortles as his best throws come when he doesnt have to loft the ball and he can just fire it to the WR though Lee and Marcedes have shown a penchant for dropping those bullets.

Trestman going to ATL. Bet money.

Quote:Trestman going to ATL. Bet money.

1 MILLION dollars!

Huh

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2015, 10:57 AM by Cleatwood.)

<div>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  12m12 minutes ago
Michigan getting a superb passing game coordinator/QB/WR coach in former Jaguars OC Jedd Fisch. He will help the program.
</div>
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">LOL

Quote:Its all speculation. That tweet is from someone at NFL.com notorious for throwing around fluff.
It's actually coming from Ryan O'Halloran at the TU.

No better when it comes to reliability though.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]