Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

Quote:Scott Linehan is also a distinct possibility. currently with the cowboys, he isnt even serving as OC right now. he has been very productive pretty much everywhere he has been an OC in the past 10 years. as HC with the rams things werent great but he did reach the playoffs once.

either way, we would want him as an OC and in that capacity he is very effective, familiar with ZBS, has a downfield passing attack mentality.

if trestman is off the table, linehan is my top guy.

Hes someone I'm curious about as well. I think a few other teams already contacted the Cowboys about an interview with him. I wouldnt be surprised if we did as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Comments of Dave Caldwell from the Gus Bradley show:

Quote:"Generally you're interviewing good coaches, but we want the best. Shad Khan said 'Well, we have an opening so lets do whatever we can to find the best coach to come in here and take us to the next level,'" Caldwell said on Thursday evening.

"We're going to take our time, we're going to be patient," Caldwell continued.

The best would obviously refer to teams that made it to the playoffs and are obviously still alive since we didn't interview any current teams coaches during wildcard week. Whatever it takes may be in reference to the amount of $ it will take to bring in the best. It that requires patience then take your time Dave, Gus, and Shad.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Comments of Dave Caldwell from the Gus Bradley show:

The best would obviously refer to teams that made it to the playoffs and are obviously still alive since we didn't interview any current teams coaches during wildcard week. Whatever it takes may be in reference to the amount of $ it will take to bring in the best. It that requires patience then take your time Dave, Gus, and Shad.

Sounds very much like they intend to wait on some coaches in the playoffs. 

Quote:Comments of Dave Caldwell from the Gus Bradley show:

to me, the best known commodity out there is either trestman or linehan. the wording makes it sound like that.

the best to them could be a guy that hasnt had the position yet. trying to read into it too much i think.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Could Gus want to talk to Gary Kubiak of the Ravens to fill the OC for the Jags?

Quote:Could Gus want to talk to Gary Kubiak of the Ravens to fill the OC for the Jags?

Would be a lateral move. Probably another Shanahan/Kubiak hack disciple like Dennison. Fisch 2.0. I'd like for Gus to move on from the bootleg school of offense. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 08:32 PM by Stigma.)

DiRocco of ESPN says Kubiak's QB Coach, Rick Dennison, who was his OC at Houston when they both were there.

I would not mind if the Jags Offense could produce like the 2012 Texans offense.

Quote:DiRocco of ESPN says Kubiak's QB Coach, Rick Dennison, who was his OC at Houston when they both were there.

I would not mind if the Jags Offense could produce like the 2012 Texans offense.

dirocco says what about dennison though?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

WILLL MUSHCHAMP?  :teehee:   \m/ >< \m/

[Image: JAGSSIG.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015, 08:50 AM by Stigma.)

Mike DiRocco mentions Rick Dennison in his latest mailbag questions at ESPN under his Jags column and ties him to the Jags OC search.

I think this is the guy they have been waiting for.

The Texans ran a ZBS and Dennison served as Gary Kubiak's OC when he was with the Texans.

If you check out how well Joe Flacco has played and the Ravens OLine has played, it makes sense that the Jags want an Offense like the Ravens, because Flacco has similar traits to Bortles.

Further, Dennison would be familiar with the Jags conference opponents which is important if the Jags want to get into the Playoffs.

Dennison is definitely experienced. 7 years as an NFL offensive coordinator. His team's rushing numbers were typically stronger than the passing game.

The best help the Jags can give Bortles is a sound running game to compliment his passing game. If Dennison can make that happen then the Jags will win more games next season.

I have a hard time seeing the team having a good running game without drafting a running back. Denard is a solid change of pace back but they don't have a bellcow.

What becomes obvious to me watching both the Ravens and the Patriots is that NO-NAME RBs can be effective in any system just as long as everyone in the stadium is not 100% sure that the next play is a running play. Of course it helps to have the Oline working together.

Neither the Ravens nor the Patriots have studs along the OLine, so it is not strictly talent, rather coaching and performance as a team versus an individual.

There is no reason why the Jags can not have a reasonable ground game next season.

I suspect they will uncover some unknown talent either drafted in the later rounds or picked up in Free Agency.

Quote:That's the kind of pedigree I want
I'd be excited if this cane true

Quote:Mike DiRocco mentions Rick Dennison in his latest mailbag questions at ESPN under his Jags column and ties him to the Jags OC search.

I think this is the guy they have been waiting for.

The Texans ran a ZBS and Dennison served as Gary Kubiak's OC when he was with the Texans.

If you check out how well Joe Flacco has played and the Ravens OLine has played, it makes sense that the Jags want an Offense like the Ravens, because Flacco has similar traits to Bortles.

Further, Dennison would be familiar with the Jags conference opponents which is important if the Jags want to get into the Playoffs.
This might be the most realistic projection I have heard.  This all makes a lot of sense.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Roman to the Bills, according to Adam Schefter.

Not too upset.

Quote:Roman to the Bills, according to Adam Schefter.

Not too upset.

Yeah, NFL network is reporting this as well...  Rex and Roman...  Next year should be interesting in the AFCE

Quote:What becomes obvious to me watching both the Ravens and the Patriots is that NO-NAME RBs can be effective in any system just as long as everyone in the stadium is not 100% sure that the next play is a running play. Of course it helps to have the Oline working together.

Neither the Ravens nor the Patriots have studs along the OLine, so it is not strictly talent, rather coaching and performance as a team versus an individual.

There is no reason why the Jags can not have a reasonable ground game next season.

I suspect they will uncover some unknown talent either drafted in the later rounds or picked up in Free Agency.
I agree 100%. The panthers o-line was awful at the beginning of the season but they picked it up. I think 1 upgrade at RT and a good off-season could help

Quote:Yeah, NFL network is reporting this as well...  Rex and Roman...  Next year should be interesting in the AFCE
Now Rapoport is reporting the Bears are going to make a push for Kubiak which means Dennison would most likely follow.

Are we going to end up with Trestman by default?