Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcedes Lewis to be traded?

Quote:I'd still like to see the actual details here to find out whether that pay cut is just a cut in the base and the deal is chalked full of incentives.
I mean, the tweets said 2 mil base, 250k bonus, and some "unlikely to be reached" incentives. Do you need it to be more specific than that?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think 3.85  mil is his max w/ incentives. 

Quote:I think 3.85  mil is his max w/ incentives. 
His this year cap hit is 3.85 mil.

Quote:I mean, the tweets said 2 mil base, 250k bonus, and some "unlikely to be reached" incentives. Do you need it to be more specific than that?
...well we don't want to assume.

Quote:That sounds like an assumption to me. Based on the way you were debating just about everyone in this thread, you'd think you actually had solid info using words like "I'm confident" and "people are going to be sorely disappointed" and "more likely scenario"

We were right, you were wrong. It happens. Just admit it and take your lumps instead of trying to back track and pretend as if you weren't making your own assumptions.
I never declared it wasn't a pay cut.  Nor did I do as some here did at the time saying it was.  In the end, there's still a lack of clarity in exactly how the deal is structured, but whatever you need to do to make me some kind of villain here, go right ahead and have at it. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I think 3.85  mil is his max w/ incentives. 
If that's the case, then he took a real cut.  That's fine.  Good for the team in the long run.  It certainly should silence the incessant hand wringers who were constantly complaining about his compensation.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Im fine with a pay cut and staying a Jaguar. Hope he is productive(along with the rest of our team) this season.

Rotoworld now saying the max with incentives is significantly more. 

Quote: 

4/18/2015: Signed a one-year, $2.8 million contract. Another $3 million is available through incentives,

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015, 12:36 PM by muddylips.)

An interesting scenario here:

If it proves to be true that Olsen plans for us to have a somewhat more intensive focus on running the ball this season, then it's possible that we could be seeing a lot more of M. Lewis on the field than expected... given the presence of Julius on our roster now. Blocking is one of Mercedes's merits (or so it's thought); not so much with Julius. 

It'll be interesting to see how this works out. With Lewis on the field, opponents might be thinking run or play option all the way. With Julius, they might be leaning more heavily toward a down field pass play... or then again, they might not. It does present some options that weren't really there so much before.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Rotoworld now saying the max with incentives is significantly more. 
So, if that report is correct, it pretty much supports what I suggested? 

Quote:Rotoworld now saying the max with incentives is significantly more.

I'm fine with that. Lewis would have to do something he hasn't done since 2010 to get that incentive money.. Produce..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:So, if that report is correct, it pretty much supports what I suggested? 

Yes, to some extent. It would still reflect a cut, albeit a smaller one than initially reported.  The real question is what would he have to pull off to get to 5.8 million? 

Seems like "playing time" keeps getting mentioned in these blurbs.  So - I guess there's a number of games required, and a snap count involved. 

How good is the Thomas - Lewis double TE Set?

What other teams have a good TE tandem?

I care less what the man is making (unless cap space is an issuse which it is not in Jacksonville) and more about how he performs on the field.  I hope with this year having much on the line, better Oline, and real competition at TE that he might have another ProBowl year but I doubt it.

Quote:How good is the Thomas - Lewis double TE Set?

What other teams have a good TE tandem?

You had Gronk and The Murderer, but stupid is as stupid does.. 

Fleener and Allen, Gresham and Eifert are pretty good too..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I care less what the man is making (unless cap space is an issuse which it is not in Jacksonville) and more about how he performs on the field.  I hope with this year having much on the line, better Oline, and real competition at TE that he might have another ProBowl year but I doubt it.
This^ except now I don't expect a Pro Bowl season from him. That is a job for Thomas now. I want him to be a solid number 2 which I believe him to be more than capable of. 

Quote:I never declared it wasn't a pay cut.  Nor did I do as some here did at the time saying it was.  In the end, there's still a lack of clarity in exactly how the deal is structured, but whatever you need to do to make me some kind of villain here, go right ahead and have at it.
The forum's idiot security guard at it again.

Quote:This^ except now I don't expect a Pro Bowl season from him. That is a job for Thomas now. I want him to be a solid number 2 which I believe him to be more than capable of. 

If he can improve upon last season and play much better (healthy hopefully) it will give the Jaguars possibly one of the best TE combos in franchise history.

Quote:If he can improve upon last season and play much better (healthy hopefully) it will give the Jaguars possibly one of the best TE combos in franchise history.

So much true! If Lewis starting an the one from broncos backing him up the team will have best tight end!

Quote:So much true! If Lewis starting an the one from broncos backing him up the team will have best tight end!
My friend--do you even Jaguars?