Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcedes Lewis to be traded?

Teams asking about Marcedes Lewis trade - 

<div>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/3/11/8...ewis-trade

</div>

Hey, if we can get a decent draft pick for him....

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Teams asking about Marcedes Lewis trade - 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Roboto, 'Segoe UI', Calibri, sans-serif;">
<div>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/3/11/8...ewis-trade

</div>

Hey, if we can get a decent draft pick for him....

</div>

The Jaguars wouldn't get anything better than a 6th/7th round pick for Marcedes.

Quote:The Jaguars wouldn't get anything better than a 6th/7th round pick for Marcedes.
SOLD!

Quote:SOLD!

Hahaha

id take a ham sandwich with out any mayo for him at this point...or some of that mmmm corn.

https://youtu.be/lD4sxxoJGkA

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I'd rather see if he benefits from having Thomas opposite him in a 2TE set...

Anything less than a 5th I wouldn't want really. The Pats would love to replace Tim Wright with Lewis I'm sure... f that.

Quote:I'd rather see if he benefits from having Thomas opposite him in a 2TE set...

Anything less than a 5th I wouldn't want really. The Pats would love to replace Tim Wright with Lewis I'm sure... f that.

Why would you want Marcedes on the field when you could have Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, or Marquis Lee on the field instead?

would do it for a 5th and 6th

maybe a 5th and 7th

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 01:05 PM by EricC85.)

I wonder if they realized they quoted the real Ian Rapport and then the fake Ian Rapport in the same article?

edit: nevermind they where making a joke about it.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:would do it for a 5th and 6th

maybe a 5th and 7th
I'd do it for a 7th.

maybe wait until another big time TE gets hurt and trade lewis then? He only has one year left on his contract.

It amazes me that anyone thinks another team would trade for a 30+ year old TE with a 6+ million dollar contract that doesn't offer anything as a receiver and whose blocking has regressed as he ages. There are some dumb front offices out there, but I don't think any of them are that dumb. Marcedes will either play for the Jaguars as a second line guy being overpaid, or he'll be released at some point before the season.

Quote:It amazes me that anyone thinks another team would trade for a 30+ year old TE with a 6+ million dollar contract that doesn't offer anything as a receiver and whose blocking has regressed as he ages. There are some dumb front offices out there, but I don't think any of them are that dumb. Marcedes will either play for the Jaguars as a second line guy being overpaid, or he'll be released at some point before the season.
On one hand I think exactly that, then I think about the time we traded Blaine Gabbert and got a pick out of it...

Quote:On one hand I think exactly that, then I think about the time we traded Blaine Gabbert and got a pick out of it...

Gabbert wasn't 30+. If this were 2008 and Marcedes was still on his rookie contract playing for an awful team then you might find someone that still isn't convinced he's not the guy they thought he was coming out of college. If Marcedes contract were reasonable it might be possible, but that albatross around his neck will pretty much guarantee no one wants anything to do with him before he's released.

Quote:On one hand I think exactly that, then I think about the time we traded Blaine Gabbert and got a pick out of it...

That trade caused a warrant to go out for Dave Caldwell's arrest with the charge of grand theft.

One of these years.............

I don't see anyone trading for Lewis unless he agrees to a huge pay cut.

Banana and mayonnaise sandwich?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Gabbert wasn't 30+. If this were 2008 and Marcedes was still on his rookie contract playing for an awful team then you might find someone that still isn't convinced he's not the guy they thought he was coming out of college. If Marcedes contract were reasonable it might be possible, but that albatross around his neck will pretty much guarantee no one wants anything to do with him before he's released.
The point was sometimes what you (and a lot of people in the instance of Gabbert) consider trash can still be still desirable to others.  You never know.  Maybe the team says either we trade you and you agree to a restructure for your future team or we cut you.  Not saying that's the case but there's a lot of things we aren't aware of.

Quote:The point was sometimes what you (and a lot of people in the instance of Gabbert) consider trash can still be still desirable to others.  You never know.  Maybe the team says either we trade you and you agree to a restructure for your future team or we cut you.  Not saying that's the case but there's a lot of things we aren't aware of.

Sure, I just think Marcedes finding a team that thinks he's got what they need is very unlikely. He just doesn't have a modern NFL TE skill set.