Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The Official Schedule Release Thread***

We just gotta take it one game at a time and stop worrying who we playing the week after. Take it a week and team at a time and that will be less stressful and focus on building a game plan. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When did I thump my chest???? I'm just baffled at how easily they think they are going to win. Lighten up dude

Scoffing at them for being "lucky to sneak into the playoffs" isn't thumping your chest?

If you're a Panthers fan and a fan from a team who won 3 games made the comment that you made, you wouldn't think they're thumping their chest despite being god awful the year before?

Yep take one game at a time, having 2 home games to start is very good.

Quote:Opening two at home is nice

Catching Tampa early in the season is nice as well, assuming they have jameis playing its much better to face him in the first part of the season than the late portion

When you are a relatively bad team like we are, and sacrifice a game to london, its hard to imagine a really favorable schedule 

The only thing i would have liked to see different is an opponent not so used to the heat week 2. The Florida weather is an ally for this team early, and its no help against Miami. 

The London game pretty much screws us over. I mean, ONE home game in 8 weeks. That's half the season right there where fans at home will only get to watch the Jaguars one time.

That's a bitter pill to swallow for ticket holders, regardless of how "valuable" they claim London is for the Jags.

Quote:Scoffing at them for being "lucky to sneak into the playoffs" isn't thumping your chest?

If you're a Panthers fan and a fan from a team who won 3 games made the comment that you made, you wouldn't think they're thumping their chest despite being god awful the year before?

Ugh, how do I block you?
Shock the world

Quote:Beating the pats and colts back to back will be nice
Winning Powerball would be nice too.  The odds are about the same.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Ugh, how do I block you?

You can click on the 'x' near the bottom of my post, then cover your ears with your hands and go "NA NA NA NA I DON'T HEAR YOU!"

L

W

L

L

W

W

W

W

L

W

L

L

L

W

L

L

7-9

[Image: tDULfoy.png]

Quote:L

W

L

L

W

W

W

W

L

W

L

L

L

W

L

L

7-9

I think it will be (and I will lean towards optimism for the Jags)

1. W (season opener, HOT)

2. W

3. L

4. L

5. W

6. W

7. W

9. W

10. L

11. W

12. L

13. W

14. L

15. L

16. L

I think I'd be satisfied if we finish like this.

Quote:You can click on the 'x' near the bottom of my post, then cover your ears with your hands and go "NA NA NA NA I DON'T HEAR YOU!"

You mad Smile love it. Go jags! Beat those overrated Panthers!
Shock the world

I'm feeling lazy to do it (and I've had a few cold ones) but would anyone like to calculate the strength of schedule based on last year's standings?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

PFT's take on the Jags schedule:

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/gone-till...ly-travels
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the order we play these games?

Yes. The NFL is a streaky league. Playing stretches at home or away can have huge ramifications on the success of your average NFL team.

Quote:I'm feeling lazy to do it (and I've had a few cold ones) but would anyone like to calculate the strength of schedule based on last year's standings?

According to Alfie,  it's .463:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/4/21/8...f-schedule

With those matchups, the Jaguars currently have the 26th ranked strength of schedule with opponents having a 2014 record of 118-137-1 (.463), which should mean the Jaguars can push for a lot more than just three wins.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 10:14 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:According to Alfie, it's .463:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/4/21/8457479/jacksonville-jaguars-full-nfl-schedule-2015-release-dates-times-strength-of-schedule'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/4/21/8457479/jacksonville-jaguars-full-nfl-schedule-2015-release-dates-times-strength-of-schedule</a>

With those matchups, the Jaguars currently have the 26th ranked strength of schedule with opponents having a 2014 record of 118-137-1 (.463), which should mean the Jaguars can push for a lot more than just three wins.
Thanks D6.

If the Jags can pull off a 2-2 start for the first 4 games and float around .500 for the Chargers game we may be able to push for a late wildcard spot.

Quote:Winning Powerball would be nice too.  The odds are about the same.

So is shedding the complex embraced in Jacksonville regarding the Jaguars.  Understandably, prolonged losing has squandered confidence, but you gain marked growth by beating the best.  Colts and Pats shouldn't equate to 0-2 to FANS.  The players certainly won't feel that way, why should we?

Colts and their revamped O that would be in gelling state, in spite of their maturity, can be had.  Could have been had last year if our O was barely average.  Granted, our D will also be newish around the edges.

Pats, another story.

It's a curious schedule, those 6 games away from the Bank in a 7 game stretch could be troubling.  But those 4 home fixtures in that 5 game Nov/Dec stretch offer promise too.  As expressed, solely focus on a weekly basis, the rest falls into place.  Glad the season is imminent, schedule's in, draft's around the corner, we're rolling, go Jags. 

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:You mad Smile love it. Go jags! Beat those overrated Panthers!
Says the guy who was going to put someone on ignore simply because he didn't agree with his opinion

I like the way the schedule looks, particularly the pre-bye week schedule.

The Panthers, Panthers, Dolphins, Texans, Bills, Bucs and Colts are all winnable.  They're games we should compete in.

Jets don't scare me a bit.

Nor do the Chargers if they dump Rivers.

The tacks are the tacks.

Quote:Thanks D6.

If the Jags can pull off a 2-2 start for the first 4 games and float around .500 for the Chargers game we may be able to push for a late wildcard spot.

My pleasure.

While every game in the NFL is challenging,   at this point in time this is a schedule in which tangible improvement should be expected for the Jaguars.   I don't think the current regime can afford for the team to win less than 6 games.