Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:It's pretty pointless to even argue about it. Bortles is damn good right now and will succeed even more with decent coaching. Five TDs and no INTs says it all. Mariota had a good game, it wasn't as good as Bortles' game by a longshot, but wins and losses are on the teams, and the titans won the game, good for them. Anyone watching the two Jaguars games against the titans, though, would come away seeing that Bortles is the better QB.

The stats for this game bear this out as well. Both qbs were impressive, and that 87-yard TD run by Mariota was just unreal. Bortles had a monster take-charge type of game that should have been enough for the win. Meanwhile, Mariota posted incredible stats for a rookie qb. The AFC South qbs are turning into an impressive lot. Check out these game stats...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Blake Bortles (0-1): 24 of 36 (66.7%) for 322 yards (8.9 YPA), 5 TDs and 0 INTs for a 134.5 qb rating

<p style="margin-left:40px;">2 sacks (20 yards lost); 2 rushes for -1 yard (-.5 ypc)

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Marcus Mariota (1-0): 20 of 29 (69.0%) for 268 yards (9.2 YPA), 3 TDs and 1 INT for a 118.2 qb rating

<p style="margin-left:40px;">4 sacks (11 yards lost); 9 rushes for 112 yards (12.4 ypc*) with 1 TD and 1 lost fumble

<p style="margin-left:40px;">*ypc includes 87-yard TD run; otherwise would be 3.1 ypc

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've only seen Mariota against our excuse of D but still he has looked the real deal.

One of the quickest releases in the NFL will keep himnout of trouble,doesn't get fazed by anything,deadly accurate in the short game and has the ability to run the ball with ease as we seen yesterday.

Imagine what he would do with some actual WRs and running backs?

I will admit this... Eminem's RZ stats are ridiculous.

Geez....

I'll admit this.  After watching MM live the first time, I wasn't real impressed.  After yesterday, this guy isn't bad by any means.  It's going to mean a great matchup in the coming years between the teams.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There is nothing wrong with having both Bortles and MM turning out to be great QBs. It might help sell more tickets, which both teams desperately need.

Holy Crap this thread got too serious. Both would def start on the Texans, and that's all that matters when they have the best D in our DiV. Give the Texans Bortles or Mariota and they'd have 10 wins easy. All Jags fans need to do is compare Bortles to Clowney to just chuckle ourselves silly! Comparing QB's to other QB's is like comparing farts to other farts. You can always point out when one stinks, but yours are just a little more satisfying.

Oh my did MM look like garbage against the Jets.

'02

Year 2 is going to be fun to watch with MM when defensive coordinators take away his check downs and don't let him run.

It's tough to compare the two currently because one is a rookie and one is in his 2nd year.

However for all the flack Bortles gets for his turnovers...Mariota has 19 combined INTs and fumbles.

Quote:It's tough to compare the two currently because one is a rookie and one is in his 2nd year.

However for all the flack Bortles gets for his turnovers...Mariota has 19 combined INTs and fumbles.

And Bortles had 24 as a rookie with significantly worse completion %, YPA, TD%, QB rating, and all other efficiency ratings (actually Mariota still leads Bortles this year in all these categories except TD% now). Its no surprise that a rookie QB struggles with turnovers, especially with a lack of consistent playmakers or offensive line. Bortles this year has 22 combined INTS and fumbles, I don't understand your point?

Mariota's slight frame, and delicate feminine hands will not serve him well in the NFL. He will make an above average Arena leaguer though.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 07:04 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:And Bortles had 24 as a rookie with significantly worse completion %, YPA, TD%, QB rating, and all other efficiency ratings (actually Mariota still leads Bortles this year in all these categories except TD% now). Its no surprise that a rookie QB struggles with turnovers, especially with a lack of consistent playmakers or offensive line. Bortles this year has 22 combined INTS and fumbles, I don't understand your point?
There are still three games left. Do you expect him to throw no more INTs and no more fumbles?

He sure seemed to struggle yesterday.

I'm not necessarily arguing anything. I hope both succeed.

If both were in the draft at the same time I can tell you which one I would choose and it's not the one in tackville.

You make an excuse for Mariota in his rookie year with no playmaker or OL but the same applies to Bortles last year.

Time will show if Mariota will improve as Bortles has in year 2.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 07:03 PM by Scarecrow.)

I don't know why that decided to post twice.

Quote:And Bortles had 24 as a rookie with significantly worse completion %, YPA, TD%, QB rating, and all other efficiency ratings (actually Mariota still leads Bortles this year in all these categories except TD% now). Its no surprise that a rookie QB struggles with turnovers, especially with a lack of consistent playmakers or offensive line. Bortles this year has 22 combined INTS and fumbles, I don't understand your point?

Is Bortles still a bottom tier QB?

On a message board full of craptastic takes, that might be the worst of them all.

Quote:There are still three games left. Do you expect him to throw no more INTs and no more fumbles?

He sure seemed to struggle yesterday.

I'm not necessarily arguing anything. I hope both succeed.

If both were in the draft at the same time I can tell you which one I would choose and it's not the one in tackville.

You make an excuse for Mariota in his rookie year with no playmaker or OL but the same applies to Bortles last year.

Time will show if Mariota will improve as Bortles has in year 2.

The point I thought you might have been trying to make was that he is more turnover prone than Bortles. 

Quote:Is Bortles still a bottom tier QB?

On a message board full of craptastic takes, that might be the worst of them all.

I think his ceiling is 3rd best QB in the AFCS, I can tell you that much.

Quote:The point I thought you might have been trying to make was that he is more turnover prone than Bortles.

We shall see.

He's already the 2nd best. I don't care what stats you throw out there that Mariota is better than. The eye test tells me he's no worse than 2nd best. Based on this year alone he's the best QB in the division.

If anything my point was if Bortles is turnover prone then so is Mariota.

Quote:The point I thought you might have been trying to make was that he is more turnover prone than Bortles. 

Well, that's not what I asked. You said he was a bottom tier QB as recent as last month. Do you still believe he is a bottom tier QB? Try not to be stupid about it.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 08:34 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

Quote:I think his ceiling is 3rd best QB in the AFCS, I can tell you that much.
I think we will all have to agree to disagree.

Let me put an end to this thread.

At the end of the day Jags fans are very happy that Bortles is playing as well as he is. He has shown tremendous growth this year and given Jags fans hope for the future.

Titans fans are excited about Mariota. Rightfully so. He has played much better than many of us thought considering the offense Oregon runs.

Some Jags fans are skeptical about Mariota's ability to continue to perform at this level, because dual threat QBs coming from shotgun offenses are hard to predict.

Titans fans don't like that Jags fans have this skepticism.

Lots of stats

And.......thread.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Just admit you are wrong Baconater it won't kill you.

3rd highest ceiling? Laughable for starters what can Luck do that Bortles can't? Bortles bigger arm, more mobile and equally as likely to do something boneheaded

Quote:Just admit you are wrong Baconater it won't kill you.

3rd highest ceiling? Laughable for starters what can Luck do that Bortles can't? Bortles bigger arm, more mobile and equally as likely to do something boneheaded

Pump up his stats and winning percentage against the 2012-2014 AFCS. Unfortunately Bortles can't go back in time and prey upon the Gene Smith Era Jags, titans, and texans. He'll just have to earn his stripes the hard way, against a division that can't stay horrifically bad forever.