Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Please spin the outcome of the game for us like you always do...

Don't forget to mention how amazing Mariofluff was on the last drive accumulating garbage stats.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mariota sucks.

That is all.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Mariota sucks.

That is all.

Dude you won but this is a [BLEEP] statement. Mariota did the best he could with zero receivers. He didn't lose this game for the Titans.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

He's not very impressive. Glad we have Bortles.

I actually thought Mariota played good for a rookie. He clearly has a learning curve though

Quote:Dude you won but this is a [BLEEP] statement. Mariota did the best he could with zero receivers. He didn't lose this game for the Titans.

Very unimpressed. Vince Young 2.0. Watch.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Very unimpressed. Vince Young 2.0. Watch.
I'm thinking RG3-esque... He won't last getting pummeled like he did game in and game out.

What do you want me to say? He was the only one who was actually ready to play tonight. The team is just terrible and watching those fat lazy idiots on the O line try to block was embarrassing. On the last drive of the game they were walking casually to get set and looked like they already gave up. There is only so much you can do as a rookie QB with that type of supporting cast, he was throwing to group of practice squad players. The Jags were the better team hands down, but Mariota held his own. 

Quote:What do you want me to say? He was the only one who was actually ready to play tonight. The team is just terrible and watching those fat lazy idiots on the O line try to block was embarrassing. On the last drive of the game they were walking casually to get set and looked like they already gave up. There is only so much you can do as a rookie QB with that type of supporting cast, he was throwing to group of practice squad players. The Jags were the better team hands down, but Mariota held his own. 
This sounds like Bortles to a "T". Yet, you are quick to bash him with any chance that you get.

Whatever, that comes with being a rival fan. Just be a rational one too...

Quote:This sounds like Bortles to a "T". Yet, you are quick to bash him with any chance that you get.

Whatever, that comes with being a rival fan. Just be a rational one too...

How does that describe Bortles? He has a top 5 receiving group (Robinson was great today, and that catch in traffic was incredible), a pro bowl TE, and a pretty dynamic RB. Mariota was throwing to guys who were literally coming straight from the practice squad while under duress most of the night. I thought he played well all things considering, and if not for the punt return and fumble he had them in good position to win the game. Bortles played well except for a few plays, obviously the fumble and INT were bad. But I wouldn't exactly say he outplayed Mariota. 

Quote:How does that describe Bortles? He has a top 5 receiving group (Robinson was great today, and that catch in traffic was incredible), a pro bowl TE, and a pretty dynamic RB. Mariota was throwing to guys who were literally coming straight from the practice squad while under duress most of the night. I thought he played well all things considering, and if not for the punt return and fumble he had them in good position to win the game. Bortles played well except for a few plays, obviously the fumble and INT were bad. But I wouldn't exactly say he outplayed Mariota.

Bortles made those receivers. The running game is terrible thanks to the oline and j Thomas is lazy as heck. He needs to get in shape and give bortles some help.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2015, 01:36 AM by lastonealive.)

Pro bowl Tight end? I'd swap with yours in a heartbeat. Also our receivers would be useless on the Titans as they are down field guys. Not dink dunk/ check down.

Quote:Pro bowl Tight end? I'd swap with hours in a heartbeat. Also our receivers would be useless on the Titans as they are down field guys. Not dink dunk/ check down.

Yeah Delanie Walker is a better TE, but he was literally all they had in the receiving game. I don't know what more you can expect from a rookie QB with that cast of receivers and that offensive line. He still accounted for over 200 yard with a TD and no turnovers. 

Quote:Bortles made those receivers. The running game is terrible thanks to the oline and j Thomas is lazy as heck. He needs to get in shape and give bortles some help.

I disagree, I think Hurns and Arob are very talented receivers in their own right. They didn't force him to lose control of the ball, or force that pick right into the LBs hands. This was a game against a beat up secondary and he was supposed to feast, but his only TD was set up by a long punt return inside the 10. 

I remember seeing Mariota trying to turn the corner and Telvin was running stride for stride with him. Love seeing things that may have worked at Oregon completely blow up in his face.

Quote:I remember seeing Mariota trying to turn the corner and Telvin was running stride for stride with him. Love seeing things that may have worked at Oregon completely blow up in his face.

Telvin looks like a very good player, that was a great play. 

I'll copy and paste this from another thread:

That's the difference between MM and BB5...

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Even with his weapons earlier in the season, MM continuously checked down game in and game out... I'll say that he did not have his weapon like Wright but even when he did, he would not throw the ball for more than 10-20 yards max. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">For the most part, Kendall Wright took a 5 yard slant 60 yards for the TD - adding "ghost" yards to MM's numbers (which is ok, but inflated). 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">BB5, on the other hand, throws the ball down field more often - allowing his receivers to make big plays. His gunslinger gameplay comes with mistakes too, but he has made a lot more great plays than he has bad plays... Just his ability to extend plays on every snap and survive the rush with our putrid offensive line should be praised immensely.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">There were many times in this game and the past two seasons where Blake had to evade the jailbreak rush and make something out of nothing... For example, Orakpo had a clean line to Bortles and he spun to his left beautifully avoiding Orakpo and throwing a dart to ARob along the sideline for a gain of 15 yards. This is the type of play Bortles consistently makes because of the lack of protection.... 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Give Bortles the time to throw... Now that is a scary thought for opposing teams.

Lets not forget that your pass defense is ranked 3rd in the NFL and that we have virtually NO running game period.

Quote:I'll copy and paste this from another thread:

That's the difference between MM and BB5...

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Even with his weapons earlier in the season, MM continuously checked down game in and game out... I'll say that he did not have his weapon like Wright but even when he did, he would not throw the ball for more than 10-20 yards max. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">For the most part, Kendall Wright took a 5 yard slant 60 yards for the TD - adding "ghost" yards to MM's numbers (which is ok, but inflated). 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">BB5, on the other hand, throws the ball down field more often - allowing his receivers to make big plays. His gunslinger gameplay comes with mistakes too, but he has made a lot more great plays than he has bad plays... Just his ability to extend plays on every snap and survive the rush with our putrid offensive line should be praised immensely.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">There were many times in this game and the past two seasons where Blake had to evade the jailbreak rush and make something out of nothing... For example, Orakpo had a clean line to Bortles and he spun to his left beautifully avoiding Orakpo and throwing a dart to ARob along the sideline for a gain of 15 yards. This is the type of play Bortles consistently makes because of the lack of protection.... 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Give Bortles the time to throw... Now that is a scary thought for opposing teams.

Its obviously mistaken though, I mean that "5 yard slant" was more like a 10 yard pass to convert a 3rd down.  I don't get the point regardless, don't Arob and Hurns make a great number of plays for Bortles? Why would you fault the QB for his WR making a play? I mean Bortles threw a pass into multiple defenders tonight and Arob managed to come down with it, and he's been doing it all season. Mariota doesn't have anywhere near the level of playmakers that Bortles has, his receivers tonight were practice squad guys. I think for him to be doing the things he is doing and having the type of production he has as a rookie given his circumstances is pretty impressive.

Poor Mularkey. Today is his birthday. He gets to coach us to 2-14, then he gets the dumpster fire that is the tacks and will probably coach them to 2-14. You gotta feel for the guy;.

MM didn't play all too well, I won't say he played horribly, but he didn't help out with his cause.

The only TD scored by you guys was GIFTED by the refs multiple times on that drive... Whatever, it happens. So do injuries.