Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

The thing is Luck's stats years 1 and 2 weren't even that good. It was like the story had been written before he played and they were sticking to it no matter what.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The thing is Luck's stats years 1 and 2 weren't even that good. It was like the story had been written before he played and they were sticking to it no matter what.

You're right, but he won a lot of games against the Jags, titans, and texans. It fit the desired narrative.

Quote:You're right, but he won a lot of games against the Jags, titans, and texans. It fit the desired narrative.

Exactly, now Bortles is playing as well as Luck ever has, where is his HOF recognition? Luck would be called an elite QB if he was playing like Bortles.

Quote:Exactly, now Bortles is playing as well as Luck ever has, where is his HOF recognition? Luck would be called an elite QB if he was playing like Bortles.

That is just obviously false. He is no where near close to the level Luck before this injury plagued season. Not a single metric is even slightly in Bortles' favor as compared to Luck's best season thus far. For all the hate Luck gets for beating up on the weak AFCS, keep in mind that Bortles has played in that very same division. He also has the benefit of playing the league's easiest schedule this year.

Quote:That is just obviously false. He is no where near close to the level Luck before this injury plagued season. Not a single metric is even slightly in Bortles' favor as compared to Luck's best season thus far. For all the hate Luck gets for beating up on the weak AFCS, keep in mind that Bortles has played in that very same division. He also has the benefit of playing the league's easiest schedule this year.

You're talking about a career 85 passer rating QB in Luck. He's been the best in the AFCS, but that's really been more about how bad the AFCS has been than how great Luck has been. The narrative is he's awesome, and he's certainly been good, but he's not the hall of fame guy all the jock polishers over at ESPN have been dying to crown him as. (at least so far)

Quote:That is just obviously false. He is no where near close to the level Luck before this injury plagued season. Not a single metric is even slightly in Bortles' favor as compared to Luck's best season thus far. For all the hate Luck gets for beating up on the weak AFCS, keep in mind that Bortles has played in that very same division. He also has the benefit of playing the league's easiest schedule this year.

Bortles would probably hang 60 on our D if he can put 39 on you guys and 50 on the Colts. So no it isn't the same. We also have the worst oline in the division.

Quote:I think we will all have to agree to disagree.

Let me put an end to this thread.

At the end of the day Jags fans are very happy that Bortles is playing as well as he is. He has shown tremendous growth this year and given Jags fans hope for the future.

Titans fans are excited about Mariota. Rightfully so. He has played much better than many of us thought considering the offense Oregon runs.

Some Jags fans are skeptical about Mariota's ability to continue to perform at this level, because dual threat QBs coming from shotgun offenses are hard to predict.

Titans fans don't like that Jags fans have this skepticism.

Lots of stats

And.......thread.

This is logical and should be agreed upon by all sides.

Too bad you're try to use logic with a halfwit and that will prove to be futile.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2015, 02:28 AM by enigma.)

This kid really said that Bortles' ceiling is basically 3rd best in the AFCS.

[Image: KGtjCy.gif]

baconator could really use a lesson from L.T. 

Quote:Is Bortles still a bottom tier QB?

On a message board full of craptastic takes, that might be the worst of them all.

Obviously some guys on here are really trashing Mariota just to rustle up the baconators jimmies.

Some of it has merit though. There will be more tape on him next season and defenses will start to take away his checkdowns. He is definitely going to have to get his deep ball going. Whoever is the offensive coordinator next year is going to have to tailor around mariotas strengths and not try to force him into a system where he won't excel.

I think mariota will be good enough to be the franchise qb but anyone watching bortles has to see that hes already playing at a high level and there is a lot more room before he reaches his ceiling, I dont think mariota has that much potential because of his physical limitations.

Like you said, these tack fans coming on here and discrediting bortles are really only discrediting themselves.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:You're talking about a career 85 passer rating QB in Luck. He's been the best in the AFCS, but that's really been more about how bad the AFCS has been than how great Luck has been. The narrative is he's awesome, and he's certainly been good, but he's not the hall of fame guy all the jock polishers over at ESPN have been dying to crown him as. (at least so far)

Exactly, an 85 passer rating that he racked up while picking on the worst division in football for a few years.

He wasn't injured the first part of this season, he was just playing as good as Andrew luck has always played.

He is what he is. He's not the golden boy or the second coming. As he continues to not improve, as he continues to be just a slightly above average guy, the ESPN hype train will die down and with it, so will the casual and dumb fans grand ide of him.

The luck phenomenon should really open some of our eyes to see just how bad quarterback play has been lately.

Any of us who have been watching for say more than 10 years were really spoiled and as guys like Peyton flame out, Bree's, Brady, big ben, are all winding down sooner or later.... Right now we are spoiled and the new guard is going to be guys like cam, Wilson, luck, borltes....etc,with the crown jewel still Aaron rodgers for now.

If any of those guys come close to the type of career that the old guard had, we should be so lucky.

I at least have high hopes for bortles.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Domo Arigato Mr Marioto?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Obviously some guys on here are really trashing Mariota just to rustle up the baconators jimmies.

Some of it has merit though. There will be more tape on him next season and defenses will start to take away his checkdowns. He is definitely going to have to get his deep ball going. Whoever is the offensive coordinator next year is going to have to tailor around mariotas strengths and not try to force him into a system where he won't excel.

I think mariota will be good enough to be the franchise qb but anyone watching bortles has to see that hes already playing at a high level and there is a lot more room before he reaches his ceiling, I dont think mariota has that much potential because of his physical limitations.

Like you said, these tack fans coming on here and discrediting bortles are really only discrediting themselves.

Good teams already know how to play mariota, it's more a testament to how bad Gus is at preparing his defense that mariota was able to do everything he's comfortable with and the defense didn't make him do the things he doesn't want to do.

Did you see what the Jets did to him on Sunday? In the end his passing yards were respectable, but that was almost entirely from garbage time. During the part of the game where he had a chance to keep the titans in the game he was miserable.

Quote:Good teams already know how to play mariota, it's more a testament to how bad Gus is at preparing his defense that mariota was able to do everything he's comfortable with and the defense didn't make him do the things he doesn't want to do.

Did you see what the Jets did to him on Sunday? In the end his passing yards were respectable, but that was almost entirely from garbage time. During the part of the game where he had a chance to keep the titans in the game he was miserable.
He was also running for his life and had several key drops (Walker and Beckham).  Hopefully we can improve our WR corps and upgrade the O-line so it's not so porous.  Let's pump the brakes on the champ or chump label until he's at least had 2 years under his belt.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_CO..._3200k.mp4

Stares down Sankey to draw the LB out and then no-looks the pass to Walker.  Filthy.  

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:He was also running for his life and had several key drops (Walker and Beckham).  Hopefully we can improve our WR corps and upgrade the O-line so it's not so porous.  Let's pump the brakes on the champ or chump label until he's at least had 2 years under his belt.

That's a sensible post.

Quote:That's a sensible post.

Unf is a sensible poster.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2015, 05:29 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_CO..._3200k.mp4

Stares down Sankey to draw the LB out and then no-looks the pass to Walker.  Filthy.  

I'd attribute that more to Cyp being awful than MM's defensive reading abilities.

Quote:He was also running for his life and had several key drops (Walker and Beckham).  Hopefully we can improve our WR corps and upgrade the O-line so it's not so porous.  Let's pump the brakes on the champ or chump label until he's at least had 2 years under his belt.

Your favorite titans hater illustrated what I've been saying the other day in an article, MM likes to throw to the middle of the field and not downfield or to the sidelines, and he's very poor at those passes compared to going to the middle.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans...sweet-spot

That was the pass he lived and died by against the Jaguars a couple of weeks ago. When he needed to convert a long third down he went to Walker in the middle of the field in front of the safety. That Gus, a defensive minded coach (lol) couldn't make this connection and have his team ready to make sure Mariota didn't get to go to that well, is a real indictment of his abilities in that area.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2015, 09:55 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

Quote:Your favorite titans hater illustrated what I've been saying the other day in an article, MM likes to throw to the middle of the field and not downfield or to the sidelines, and he's very poor at those passes compared to going to the middle.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/17477/marcus-mariota-has-a-major-sweet-spot'>http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/17477/marcus-mariota-has-a-major-sweet-spot</a>

That was the pass he lived and died by against the Jaguars a couple of weeks ago. When he needed to convert a long third down he went to Walker in the middle of the field in front of the safety. That Gus, a defensive minded coach (lol) couldn't make this connection and have his team ready to make sure Mariota didn't get to go to that well, is a real indictment of his abilities in that area.
I think it's less about his ability to do so than it is about having the horses to run the routes. Kendall Wright is a slot guy and Delanie Walker is a tight end. Not exactly the guys you want running go routes.

And yes Kuharsky is an [BLEEP]. He rarely has much positive to say about anyone.

Quote:I think it's less about his ability to do so than it is about having the horses to run the routes. Kendall Wright is a slot guy and Delanie Walker is a tight end. Not exactly the guys you want running go routes.

And yes Kuharsky is an [BAD WORD REMOVED]. He rarely has much positive to say about anyone.

Of course you think that, because that's what you want to think. I can recall a lot of Jaguars QBs over the years that had the "needs better receivers" tag attached to their careers. It's the strangest thing that once you have a great QB suddenly all the undrafted guys and castoffs from other teams get productive as has been the case for the Jaguars since Bortles took the reins.