Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:The company he lumped me in with is pretty OK.  I think I'll take it...  I could have sworn I was more on the level of that X-Files Guy. Apparently I've been upgraded without my knowledge.  Which is nice.

Yikes, when you start thinking you're in good company with those 2... That's pretty scary stuff.

Delusional.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yikes, when you start thinking you're in good company with those 2... That's pretty scary stuff.

Delusional.

No offense, red robin, but I'm not sure you are the position to be making such comments...

I'll take some more fries with my burger, thanks.

Quote:Yikes, when you start thinking you're in good company with those 2... That's pretty scary stuff.

Delusional.

5 straight posts over the last 4 pages contributing nothing to the topic or football at all and this guy has the audacity to criticize anyone else?

Maybe the mods should do everyone a favor and show him the door. We all know it only goes downhill from here.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:5 straight posts over the last 4 pages contributing nothing to the topic or football at all and this guy has the audacity to criticize anyone else?

Maybe the mods should do everyone a favor and show him the door. We all know it only goes downhill from here.

To keep with parliamentary procedure--- I second this. :-)

Nah its fun watching the sky high expectations backfire spectacularly from an opposing Homer fan.

Quote: Marcus My-knee-owie-ta 

GOLD

How many TDs did MM throw for this past weekend?

Is baconator a hacker who shut down the message board for a week?

Quote:5 straight posts over the last 4 pages contributing nothing to the topic or football at all and this guy has the audacity to criticize anyone else?

Go ahead, ban me. Whatever. It really wouldn't affect me much. You guys care WAY to much about this forum stuff.

In fact, banning me would only prove my point further, especially since I've broken no rules.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 06:41 PM by lastonealive.)

Hope you had a good christmas CW

Bortles up to 35TD's. Does this make him one of the best now? Luck was apparently in his pedestrian 2nd season.

In comparison:

Luck 60.2%, 23 Td's,  6.7 YPA, 87.0 passer rating

Bortles 58.9%, 35 TD's, 7.3 YPA, 90.3 passer rating

Where's the hall of fame chat though?

Quote:Hope you had a good christmas CW

Bortles up to 35TD's. Does this make him one of the best now? Luck was apparently in his pedestrian 2nd season.

In comparison:

Luck 60.2%, 23 Td's,  6.7 YPA, 87.0 passer rating

Bortles 58.9%, 35 TD's, 7.3 YPA, 90.3 passer rating

Where's the hall of fame chat though?

It was great! Hope yours was swell as well!

For the record I have NEVER said anything about Luck and the Hall of Fame. Also, you conveniently left off QBR and interceptions in your comparison... In which both aren't even close when comparing Luck & Bortles' 2nd years.

Also, I've stated many times that I believe Bortles is a good QB, he's not great, but he's good. He still needs some Ws. He rarely wins. Especially against teams with decent/great QBs.

I guess Drew Brees needs wins too? and Rivers?

Maybe, the problem is (it is a team sport by the way) That Brees has the worst D in the league and Bortles has the 2nd worst D in the league. Colts have never had that bad a D.

For a bit of perspective (when you used to blame the Colts D too) The Colts conceded 336 points in 2013. With one game left the Jags are now at 418. Luck has never had this kind of incompetence from his D

Can add INTs. Bortles and Luck very similar overall, but Luck's 2nd season ints was somewhat of an anomaly unless you think he's got worse since? 

Quote:I guess Drew Brees needs wins too? and Rivers?

Maybe, the problem is (it is a team sport by the way) That Brees has the worst D in the league and Bortles has the 2nd worst D in the league. Colts have never had that bad a D.

For a bit of perspective (when you used to blame the Colts D too) The Colts conceded 336 points in 2013. With one game left the Jags are now at 418. Luck has never had this kind of incompetence from his D

Can add INTs. Bortles and Luck very similar overall, but Luck's 2nd season ints was somewhat of an anomaly unless you think he's got worse since? 

Difference between Brees & Rivers: They've been successful before (talking wins). Bortles hasn't. Until then....

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 08:09 PM by lastonealive.)

So you can play well and lose? Not sure what your point is? ...

Chances are if Bortles keeps playing well the wins will come at some point just like they did for Rivers and Brees.

Also Brees was considered a bust at this point in his career and Rivers hadn't played.

Or are you a Tim Tebow all he does is win kind of guy?

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 09:51 PM by Baconator.)

Quote:It was great! Hope yours was swell as well!

For the record I have NEVER said anything about Luck and the Hall of Fame. Also, you conveniently left off QBR and interceptions in your comparison... In which both aren't even close when comparing Luck & Bortles' 2nd years.

Also, I've stated many times that I believe Bortles is a good QB, he's not great, but he's good. He still needs some Ws. He rarely wins. Especially against teams with decent/great QBs.

That's a fair assessment, he's good but not great.I still think his ceiling is lower than those of Luck or Mariota. He is still one of the most inaccurate QBs in the league, turnover prone, inconsistent, and makes poor decisions/lacks awareness. His inflated TD numbers aren't very impressive, especially considering after next week there should be about a dozen QBs who have thrown for 30+ TDs. It's one thing to put up nice stats when you're winning games and making the playoffs, but its another thing to be padding numbers while you're playing the easiest schedule in the league.

Quote:It was great! Hope yours was swell as well!

It's the weirdest things, against teams that can score at will against the Jaguars defense Bortles rarely wins. I wonder why that could be... Throw in a place kicker that missed the largest number of extra points in the league by a wide margin and the picture starts to come together. Toss the fact that his head coach is apparently run of the mill at best and it starts to become clear why Bortles W/L stats aren't as glowing as a guy that got to feast on games against the Jaguars and titans for years.

Quote:That's a fair assessment, he's good but not great.I still think his ceiling is lower than those of Luck or Mariota.

Mariota's ceiling is about knee high.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 10:29 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Mariota's ceiling is about knee high.
What on God's green Earth gives this guy the idea Mariotas ceiling is higher than Bortles? What in the heck has he done to warrant an assumption like that?

He probably wants Chip Kelly too.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 10:33 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:That's a fair assessment, he's good but not great.I still think his ceiling is lower than those of Luck or Mariota. He is still one of the most inaccurate QBs in the league, turnover prone, inconsistent, and makes poor decisions/lacks awareness. His inflated TD numbers aren't very impressive, especially considering after next week there should be about a dozen QBs who have thrown for 30+ TDs. It's one thing to put up nice stats when you're winning games and making the playoffs, but its another thing to be padding numbers while you're playing the easiest schedule in the league.
You sound so butt hurt. Inflated TD numbers? What in the heck does that mean? Should he not throw TDs if he anticipates losing?

Are you suggesting a QBs numbers are only relevant if his team is winning? In that case, MM is the worst QB in the league.

Step back and listen to yourself.

Quote:What on God's green Earth gives this guy the idea Mariotas ceiling is higher than Bortles? What in the heck has he done to warrant an assumption like that?

He probably wants Chip Kelly too.

Meh, fans gonna fanatic. It's the same everywhere really.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bortles TDs and big plays are "inflated" hahaha. But completion percentage can never be an inflated stat right?

We need to see Bortles quit taking risks and model his game more like Alex Smith. Everybody knows the QB with the highest completion percentage wins. Efficient 5 yard checkdowns are the key to football.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!