Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:Do you lack reading comprehension or are you a moron? I clearly stated a few posts ago that Gabbert was worse then Mariota. Not everyone here has the same opinion and spouts off mindlessly like you

Are you posting under 'SeldomRite'? Are you a moron and forgot your own username?

Speaking of Bortles, here are his first half stats compared to the second: 12 TDs 9 INTs 60% 7.1 YPA vs 23 TDs 7 INTs 59% 7.7 YPA

Here are his stats compared to leading vs playing from behind: 3 TDs 2 INs 59% 5.5 YPA vs 29 TDs 14 INTs 60% 8 YPA

He is the king of garbage time and stat padding. He is still the least accurate, most turnover prone, and inconsistent QBs in the league and the stats reflect that. You don't win games with that style of in efficient play, evidenced by their 5 wins despite playing the easiest schedule in the NFL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well at least he's good at something Baconator.

Mariota isn't good at anything:

Bortles>Luck>Hoyer> Mariota

Quote:Well at least he's good at something Baconator.

Mariota isn't good at anything:

Bortles>Luck>Hoyer> Mariota

What doesn't surprise me is that you honestly believe that. You don't have to like Mariota but when you guys say things that are so obviously false and with no evidence its hard to take you seriously.

Quote:Are you posting under 'SeldomRite'? Are you a moron and forgot your own username?

Speaking of Bortles, here are his first half stats compared to the second: 12 TDs 9 INTs 60% 7.1 YPA vs 23 TDs 7 INTs 59% 7.7 YPA

Here are his stats compared to leading vs playing from behind: 3 TDs 2 INs 59% 5.5 YPA vs 29 TDs 14 INTs 60% 8 YPA

He is the king of garbage time and stat padding. He is still the least accurate, most turnover prone, and inconsistent QBs in the league and the stats reflect that. You don't win games with that style of in efficient play, evidenced by their 5 wins despite playing the easiest schedule in the NFL.

You didn't specifically call out SeldomRite, you said you guys which implies every poster.

As far as that stat, it's very subjective and your interpretation is flawed. The Jags were in it until the very end of every game this year except a couple. They aren't getting blown out every game like years prior. The whole second half is not garbage time like you like to term it. The fact is Bortles took major strides this year, especially as the season wore on. You completely ignored Jags02 post showing how Bortles improved in almost every statistical category during the second bloc of games this season. You ignore anything that contradicts your agenda.

As far as the win loss record, that's more of an indictment on the awful defense and incompetent coach.

Quote:What doesn't surprise me is that you honestly believe that. You don't have to like Mariota but when you guys say things that are so obviously false and with no evidence its hard to take you seriously.

This is laughable; now you're trying to imply that Bortles is worse then Mariota?!!! Ha.

Quote:You didn't specifically call out SeldomRite, you said you guys which implies every poster.

As far as that stat, it's very subjective and your interpretation is flawed. The Jags were in it until the very end of every game this year except a couple. They aren't getting blown out every game like years prior. The whole second half is not garbage time like you like to term it. The fact is Bortles took major strides this year, especially as the season wore on. You completely ignored Jags02 post showing how Bortles improved in almost every statistical category during the second bloc of games this season. You ignore anything that contradicts your agenda.

As far as the win loss record, that's more of an indictment on the awful defense and incompetent coach.

Its not all 'garbage time', but they've spent the vast majority of the season playing from behind. This leads to more throwing opportunities and padded stats for Bortles that aren't wholly indicative of how he is playing. If anything it further demonstrates that his style of play is not conducive to winning football.

Quote:Its not all 'garbage time', but they've spent the vast majority of the season playing from behind. This leads to more throwing opportunities and padded stats for Bortles that aren't wholly indicative of how he is playing. If anything it further demonstrates that his style of play is not conducive to winning football.

Again, it's subjective. I see a quarterback who gets better as the game wears on and refuses to roll over and die. How dare he play better instead of throw his hands up in defeat. And don't give me the prevent defense garbage; defenses aren't playing prevent when only up by 10, 7 points, etc.

Quote:Again, it's subjective. I see a quarterback who gets better as the game wears on and refuses to roll over and die. How dare he play better instead of throw his hands up in defeat. And don't give me the prevent defense garbage; defenses aren't playing prevent when only up by 10, 7 points, etc.

Ok but the point is that he is a volume QB, he only puts up 'good' stats because he has so many opportunities to throw, but his per play efficiency is horrible. Their record demonstrates that his style of play is not conducive to winning.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 04:24 PM by SamusAranX.)

Quote:Ok but the point is that he is a volume QB, he only puts up 'good' stats because he has so many opportunities to throw, but his per play efficiency is horrible. Their record demonstrates that his style of play is not conducive to winning.
His style of play is the deep ball, the attack mindset. This is naturally going to lower the percentages. It also is a style that can be conducive to winning, but not when his defense literally lets quarterbacks from the old folks home produce eighty yard drives, a quarterback run for 83 yards, and so on, alongside a inconsistent offensive line and a kicker whose extra point misses are among the tops in the league. Add in a coach who literally is in over his head and you have a situation that any quarterback not named Brady or Rodgers will be very hard pressed to overcome

EDIT: Don't forget a run game that's bottom barrel

Quote:His style of play is the deep ball, the attack mindset. This is naturally going to lower the percentages. It also is a style that can be conducive to winning, but not when his defense literally lets quarterbacks from the old folks home produce eighty yard drives, a quarterback run for 83 yards, and so on, alongside a inconsistent offensive line and a kicker whose extra point misses are among the tops in the league. Add in a coach who literally is in over his head and you have a situation that any quarterback not named Brady or Rodgers will be very hard pressed to overcome

When has that style ever been conducive to winning? Can you find a super bowl winning QB that lead the league in INTS and was last in completion %? Why are you making all these excuses for him but there are no reasonable explanations for Mariota's struggles as a rookie other than that he sucks? 

Quote:The fact that you guys honestly believe things like Gabbert is comparable to mariota, or that mettenberger is better than mariota prove how little you guys really understand football. But what do you know, another horrible half of football by bortles. Don't worry, he will have 2nd half and garbage time to pad his stats per usual.

Salty. :yes:

Quote:When has that style ever been conducive to winning? Can you find a super bowl winning QB that lead the league in INTS and was last in completion %? Why are you making all these excuses for him but there are no reasonable explanations for Mariota's struggles as a rookie other than that he sucks?

I never said Mariota sucks. Go back and read my post earlier. I defended him against Seldom's assertion that Gabberts rookie campaign was better. I think Mariota can succeed in this league but he has to grow in some aspects; for example, throw to the outside of the field more. They're not high percentage plays, but when you do that you prove you have the arm to do it and defenses respect the whole field. Tennessee also needs to get him some talent to throw too. Delanie Walker isn't exactly Gronk

Mariota is currently the worst starting QB in the division.

Quote:I never said Mariota sucks. Go back and read my post earlier. I defended him against Seldom's assertion that Gabberts rookie campaign was better. I think Mariota can succeed in this league but he has to grow in some aspects; for example, throw to the outside of the field more. They're not high percentage plays, but when you do that you prove you have the arm to do it and defenses respect the whole field. Tennessee also needs to get him some talent to throw too. Delanie Walker isn't exactly Gronk

So here is what I don't understand because compared to Bortles rookie year, Mariota was better at throwing outside and down the field than he was during his rookie year. Why do so many think its unreasonable he will get even better when he gets some competent receivers?

Quote:Mariota is currently the worst starting QB in the division.

I think that title is held by Josh Freeman currently.

Quote:So here is what I don't understand because compared to Bortles rookie year, Mariota was better at throwing outside and down the field than he was during his rookie year. Why do so many think its unreasonable he will get even better when he gets some competent receivers?

I don't think it's unreasonable he can get better. But defenses will have tape on him now. It's up to him to take game higher

Quote:I think that title is held by Josh Freeman currently.

Freeman was better than Mariota his first couple of years

Quote:What doesn't surprise me is that you honestly believe that. You don't have to like Mariota but when you guys say things that are so obviously false and with no evidence its hard to take you seriously.

How did Mariota do today?

I didn't watch the game.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:How did Mariota do today?

I didn't watch the game.

He had a better TD:TO ratio than Bortles: 0:0 > 0:4.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 06:04 PM by cland.)

This thread should be renamed to BH vs. BB...and quite comparing 2nd year QBs to rookies.