Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:Ok but the point is that he is a volume QB, he only puts up 'good' stats because he has so many opportunities to throw, but his per play efficiency is horrible. Their record demonstrates that his style of play is not conducive to winning.

Look at the per play stats, as in completion percentage and YPA, of Bortles vs Mariota for the 2nd half of this past season that I just posted where you're suggesting Bortles has been so horrible.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think that title is held by Josh Freeman currently.

Evan Freeman was making some nice deeper passes downfield that Mariota can't even think about making.

'02

Quote:What's with all the Jags fans so obsessed over his body? I guess we know what you're watching every sunday for. Was it you who started the petition for the jags all male cheerleading team?

LOL... coming from a fan of a team that has actually fielded male cheerleaders.

'02

leave it to an ignorant tack fan to try and swing a conversation this way. What are we, 12 years old?

Quote:What's with all the Jags fans so obsessed over his body? I guess we know what you're watching every sunday for. Was it you who started the petition for the jags all male cheerleading team?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I agree that Mettenberger is not better than Mariota. I can't even draw a comparison to how bad Mettenberger is. That guy is total trash. But Alex Tanney looks pretty good and will actually throw downfield. The Titans seriously need to let Tanney compete with Mariota next year.

Another horrible half of football by Bortles? What in the world are you thinking? He's been extremely productive throughout the second half of the season. I guess I need to post more stats. Here's the stats for the 2nd half of the season, and is the team's last eight games, respectively...

Blake Bortles - 8 starts (3-5): 180 of 295 (61.0%) for 2235 yards (7.6 YPA, 279.4 yds/gm), 18 TDs and 8 INTs for a 93.5 qb rating

26 sacks (188 yards), 25 rushes for 165 yards (6.6 ypc) and 2 TDs, 9 fumbles (4 lost)

Marcus Mariota - 6 starts (1-5): 99 of 170 (58.2%) for 1208 yards (7.1 YPA , 201.3 yds/gm), 6 TDs and 5 INTs for a 79.7 qb rating.

19 sacks (129 yards), 23 rushes for 175 yards (7.6 ypc) and 2 TDs, 5 fumbles (2 lost)

If this is a horrible half of football for Bortles, what does that say about Mariota?

Lol wow.

You just dog-walked this half-wit.

Greg Rosenthal completed his quarterback ranking for the season. He's to Blake perhaps a tad low at #13 and Mariota surprsingly high at #22...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...d-rankings

He says the Jaguars have found their franchise qb calling him "my favorite young quarterback to watch" while stating, "He completes more difficult throws than anyone and can almost play with too much confidence. He's got the highest ceiling of any quarterback under 25."
He declined comment on Mariota.

Looking at this list I'm thinking I'd have Blake about #11
(just behind Kirk)
and Mariota about #27
(just behind McCarron)

'02

Quote:Lol wow.

You just dog-walked this half-wit.

destroyed

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Greg Rosenthal completed his quarterback ranking for the season. He's to Blake perhaps a tad low at #13 and Mariota surprsingly high at #22...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...d-rankings

He says the Jaguars have found their franchise qb calling him "my favorite young quarterback to watch" while stating, "He completes more difficult throws than anyone and can almost play with too much confidence. He's got the highest ceiling of any quarterback under 25."
He declined comment on Mariota.

Looking at this list I'm thinking I'd have Blake about #11
(just behind Kirk)
and Mariota about #27
(just behind McCarron)

The Greg Rosenthal comment really says it all. BB is a young Brett Favre/Big Ben. Mariota is a young Chad Pennington, not even worth a comment, really. I'm unsurprised some people in the media really like him though, they saw the stat line from that first game against the Bucs and that's what determined it for them.

I remember when Kaepernick was destined for greatness, too. At least Kaepernick actually had a decent season and some playoff wins.

Quote: 

I remember when Kaepernick was destined for greatness, too. At least Kaepernick actually had a decent season and some playoff wins.
What does Jaws have to say about Eminem?

Quote:What does Jaws have to say about Eminem?

You mean mariota? I haven't seen anything regarding him recently, but at draft time he was completely enamored with him and thought he was going to go ahead of Winston.

* Mic Drop *

Quote:You mean mariota? I haven't seen anything regarding him recently, but at draft time he was completely enamored with him and thought he was going to go ahead of Winston.
Yeah....

Surprised after the Bucs game he didn't say MM could be the best ever...

Mularkey has been talking about wanting Marcus to run the ball more. Makes sense after realizing he's not that good at throwing the ball.

'02

Quote:Mularkey has been talking about wanting Marcus to run the ball more. Makes sense after realizing he's not that good at throwing the ball.

Yea, this is a bit curious. Why would anyone announce that they want their franchise QB to run more, especially considering he got hurt a couple times last year?
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Mularkey has been talking about wanting Marcus to run the ball more. Makes sense after realizing he's not that good at throwing the ball.

Maybe he's looking to RG3 him so they can move on sooner.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2016, 11:11 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Yea, this is a bit curious. Why would anyone announce that they want their franchise QB to run more, especially considering he got hurt a couple times last year?
Because he knows he only has two years tops and he would probably sacrifice his own young at this point, let alone Mariota's legs, to win. This is Mularkeys last dance and he knows it.

I hope we play the tacks at home in the last game so we can coin the phrase "No More Mularkey Head Coaches" and be heathens.

Quote:The Greg Rosenthal comment really says it all. BB is a young Brett Favre/Big Ben. Mariota is a young Chad Pennington, not even worth a comment, really. I'm unsurprised some people in the media really like him though, they saw the stat line from that first game against the Bucs and that's what determined it for them.

Idk, he had quite a few 3,4, and 5 TD games as a rookie, he's fast, and he didn't have much for weapons besides Delanie. The one thing that really stands out about him is his release because it's very fast. Let's hope it takes him a helluva long time to figure out everything else about being a QB and that he keeps getting bad players around him, because I think he's got potential to be pretty good.

MM was in his rookie year, so to be fair you would have to rate Blake Bortles rookie year vs MM, and then after 2016 season compare it to BB's season from 2015... if you are doing it based solely on stats.

IMO Blake Bortles will be the better QB over the period of time, but that is in part a bias guess...

My only guess is by making such statement, it would let the opponents to spy Mariota. By putting an extra defender in the box, Mularkey is hoping they would get a favorable matchup in coverage. Besides that occasionally the Titans will have a planned QB run with minimal risk to keep the opponents respect Mariota's run and speed. 

The only knock I have on MM is his deep ball accuracy. It would be a good year for Mariota if he can improve. The rest of division has some film to watch on Mariota and if he fail to connect deep balls, it would make it tough for him to make the underneath throws however accurate Mariota maybe. If Mariota has issues with deep balls, he need to play Tom Brady style football to compensate such as quick accurate pass and rely on YAC. 

I think Mariota would be a good QB in the long run if he can say durable. 

Quote:Idk, he had quite a few 3,4, and 5 TD games as a rookie, he's fast, and he didn't have much for weapons besides Delanie. The one thing that really stands out about him is his release because it's very fast. Let's hope it takes him a helluva long time to figure out everything else about being a QB and that he keeps getting bad players around him, because I think he's got potential to be pretty good.

Yeah, he had some statistically impressive games against teams that were completely ineffective when he played against them. The bucs in game one, the Saints, and the Jaguars. Of course if you watch the game you see its not him doing anything special, just benefiting from playing against extremely poor competition. A single read slant going for a TD because the team never even bothered to cover him doesn't indicate something great about mariota, it indicates he was very fortunate. Also he didn't have any 5 TD games.