Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:Yeah, he had some statistically impressive games against teams that were completely ineffective when he played against them. The bucs in game one, the Saints, and the Jaguars. Of course if you watch the game you see its not him doing anything special, just benefiting from playing against extremely poor competition. A single read slant going for a TD because the team never even bothered to cover him doesn't indicate something great about mariota, it indicates he was very fortunate. Also he didn't have any 5 TD games.

Precisely. Remove those games you just mentioned and his stats are outright embarrassing even for a rookie.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Precisely. Remove those games you just mentioned and his stats are outright embarrassing even for a rookie.

Normally I'd say you can't just remove three games, and if any of those three were against teams that weren't absolutely [BLEEP] the bed at the time he played against them then it wouldn't make sense to remove them, but it happens that those games did all come against teams that were on the level of historically bad when he played them, and watching the games it was clearly not Mariota making something happen, they were more like Henne against the texans in 2012 when the texans kept just letting guys go for long TDs even though there was nothing special being done by Henne.

I've noticed some talk lately about Mariota suggesting he's not garbage. I beg to differ.

'02

Quote:I've noticed some talk lately about Mariota suggesting he's not garbage. I beg to differ.

He's more like yard waste.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:He's more like yard waste.

I stand corrected. He belongs in that big, green bin...not the trash bin.

'02

Quote:I've noticed some talk lately about Mariota suggesting he's not garbage. I beg to differ.
I put him slightly above Teddy based on "promising ability"

But still way behind Bortles Carr, Luck, and his fellow draftee Winston

Damn baconator killed yall

Quote:Damn baconator killed yall
It looks like he has a fan in you 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Damn baconator killed yall

LOL... Jags02 absolutely destroyed him...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Imagine if Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell drafts LT Laremy Tunsil at #5 due to teams trading up for QB Wentz & Goff & FS Jalen Ramsey, and LE Joey Bosa.  Being the best player that also meets a need, despite saying he was going to dedicate almost the entire draft to Defense he takes LT Tunsil at #5.

Now having Chris Ivory at RB with TJ Yeldon, having Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, a healthy Lee, and Greene at WR, Julius Thomas & M. Lewis at TE....

Blake Bortles would only need a great Center to have a very elite Offense!

Quote:LOL... Jags02 absolutely destroyed him...

I guess that's why this thread is still going on with the "but if you look at this way"s and the "take that away"s a derp a derp a derp derp lol

I know it's been awhile.....just wanted to provide more analysis suggesting Bortles is one of the most inefficient QBs in the league.

http://presnapreads.com/2016/04/07/what-...erception/

He's 28th in 'non-Qb [faulted] interceptions' while Mariota is 5th. 

Quote:I know it's been awhile.....just wanted to provide more analysis suggesting Bortles is one of the most inefficient QBs in the league.

Legit looking website is legit.

Quote:I know it's been awhile.....just wanted to provide more analysis suggesting Bortles is one of the most inefficient QBs in the league.

Could have written it up as "Bortles is 28th in being scared to make a throw while Mariota is 5th in being afraid to throw anything but a wide open slant."

Quote:Could have written it up as "Bortles is 28th in being scared to make a throw while Mariota is 5th in being afraid to throw anything but a wide open slant."

Or how about this, 40% of Mariota's INTs were the fault of a receiver, meaning only 60% of his INTs were the result of a bad throw/read. On the other hand, Bortles was responsible for 94% of his league leading INT totals.  Coupled with his 31st rated completion percentage, it's fair to say that Bortles is the most inefficient and turnover prone QB in the league because he consistently makes poor decisions.

More derps. Let's see either of them start taking games over

I see the HUGE difference there. That is, Bortles had 1 INT that wasn't his fault (the same goes for Roethlisberger and Palmer) compared to Mariota who had a whopping 4 INTs that weren't his fault.

I also see that Ryan Tannehill leads the league with 8 INTs that weren't his fault. Man, he must be the best qb in the league, right?

'02

Is this thread really still going?

Quote:Legit looking website is legit.
ignore the analysis cause the website doesnt look expensive enough lol

Cian is one of the best QB analysts out.

Is there any Jags fan on this board who trade Bortles for Mariota?