Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Was awful today with some bad turnovers. Still think he's going to be OK though. Just needs to be more careful with the ball.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Was awful today with some bad turnovers. Still think he's going to be OK though. Just needs to be more careful with the ball.

He's a game manager, can play from ahead and can pick up stats in garbage time without getting the win, but not a guy that can take over a game. I don't see him becoming more than that. I think Mularky had schemed it as well as can be for a guy of Marcus' ability, but I guess anything is possible.

Quote:He's a game manager, can play from ahead and can pick up stats in garbage time without getting the win, but not a guy that can take over a game. I don't see him becoming more than that. I think Mularky had schemed it as well as can be for a guy of Marcus' ability, but I guess anything is possible.

I think you need to lay off the crack pipe. He can make big plays. He just needs to be more conservative with the ball.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:I think you need to lay off the crack pipe. He can make big plays. He just needs to be more conservative with the ball.
Lol, a guy that can hardly throw it across the street needs to be more conservative?

He's got one of the best offensive lines in front of him and one of the league's best rushing attacks and he's still throwing game crushing pick sixes.

Quote:Lol, a guy that can hardly throw it across the street needs to be more conservative?

He's got one of the best offensive lines in front of him and one of the league's best rushing attacks and he's still throwing game crushing pick sixes.

He forces throws that shouldn't be forced so yes, he needs to be more conservative. And he needs to secure the ball when he takes off.

How was bb today?

Lol. Bbint? He was consistent...

Quote:He forces throws that shouldn't be forced so yes, he needs to be more conservative. And he needs to secure the ball when he takes off.

How was bb today?

A lot like MMINT, but without the pick six to crush the possibility of comeback. Still not good enough, though, the AFCS continues to suck.

Quote:A lot like MMINT, but without the pick six to crush the possibility of comeback. Still not good enough, though, the AFCS continues to suck.

I stand by my earlier statements. 13 TDs and 3 picks in the last 5 weeks. I'll take it. He just needs a bit of clean up.

Quote:I stand by my earlier statements. 13 TDs and 3 picks in the last 5 weeks. I'll take it. He just needs a bit of clean up.

Sometimes stats mean almost nothing. Bortles is 9 TDs with 4 ints in his last five games and that includes some of the shittiest games I've seen from him.

You can believe what you want, but when I see Mariota play I see a ceiling alongside of Alex Smith, if he maxes out his ability. It's great if you want to win some regular season games with great talent around him, but not a championship calibur QB

Quote:Was awful today with some bad turnovers. Still think he's going to be OK though. Just needs to be more careful with the ball.

How much of MMs mistakes do you believe were related to his supporting cast in the Chargers game,  compared to bad decisions?

Quote:Sometimes stats mean almost nothing. Bortles is 9 TDs with 4 ints in his last five games and that includes some of the shittiest games I've seen from him.

You can believe what you want, but when I see Mariota play I see a ceiling alongside of Alex Smith, if he maxes out his ability. It's great if you want to win some regular season games with great talent around him, but not a championship calibur QB

I see where you got your handle.

Quote:How much of MMs mistakes do you believe were related to his supporting cast in the Chargers game,  compared to bad decisions?

Tough to tell. Kendall said the pick 6 was on him but it looked like a horrible throw to me. We definitely don't have decent receivers to throw to but ultimately it's on Marcus.

Quote:Tough to tell. Kendall said the pick 6 was on him but it looked like a horrible throw to me. We definitely don't have decent receivers to throw to but ultimately it's on Marcus.

Thanks.

All things considered,  it seems like MM is progressing well.  

As you accurately predicted,  this was going to be a difficult game for Tennessee.   Even with all of the Chargers injuries and the situation with the stadium vote,   from what I have seen this season in some previous games,  they look like a much improved team.  

Quote:I see where you got your handle.
This guy wouldnt stop calling me a troll for saying Marcus was better than Blake, his analysis isn't worthwhile

It was on Marcus, but a second year QB throwing an interception isnt the end of the world.

Quote:He's a game manager, can play from ahead and can pick up stats in garbage time without getting the win, but not a guy that can take over a game. I don't see him becoming more than that. I think Mularky had schemed it as well as can be for a guy of Marcus' ability, but I guess anything is possible.

You are a joke.  Aren't you the one who said that Mariota was going to have the most batted passes in the NFL?  Your boy Bottles got that on lock.

Quote:I stand by my earlier statements. 13 TDs and 3 picks in the last 5 weeks. I'll take it. He just needs a bit of clean up.

Agree, and even if his ceiling is Alex Smith, Alex Smith is pretty good, he makes the playoffs quite consistently. Actually I think that comparison is bogus tho, MM is on track for like 35 tds this year? Alex Smith never did that

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Agree, and even if his ceiling is Alex Smith, Alex Smith is pretty good, he makes the playoffs quite consistently. Actually I think that comparison is bogus tho, MM is on track for like 35 tds this year? Alex Smith never did that

I wish Mariota had a little more Smith in him.  Smith plays it safe almost all the time and plays within Reid's system, doesn't try to do too much.  You can win with a good qb like Smith who doesn't make a lot of mistakes.  

The Smith comparisons are just lazy.  if you actually follow both guys, they're not alike.

Quote:Thanks.

All things considered,  it seems like MM is progressing well.  

As you accurately predicted,  this was going to be a difficult game for Tennessee.   Even with all of the Chargers injuries and the situation with the stadium vote,   from what I have seen this season in some previous games,  they look like a much improved team.

Still several missing pieces but much better than last year. The GM has made a difference. Still not 100% sold on the coach though.

Quote:You are a joke.  Aren't you the one who said that Mariota was going to have the most batted passes in the NFL?  Your boy Bottles got that on lock.

I'm going to need to see a quote on that one, "guru."